Sponsored

October 5 is tomorrow. Will the rumors come true?

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
NOBODY knows. The semi-conductor crisis/shortage/"insert bs buzz word here" is not ending soon. The labor shortage is not ending soon. The shipping backlog is only getting worse. The Covid horse shit is not ending soon, the money won't let it. Add all this crap up and we "may" see normal about 2024.
I work in the Auto industry and unfortunately this is the new normal, we'll never be where we were pre covid, I'm hopeful we get to at least half of where we were but I'm skeptical.
Sponsored

Poppump

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Traverse; Honda CRV; purchasing Wrangler
I thought there were some dealers that lurk on the boards? Anybody with better insight around the rumored 10/8 order start that seems to be the info a few folks have gotten?

kglassic

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.criswellchryslerjeepdodge.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Occupation
Jeep Sales Manager
I thought there were some dealers that lurk on the boards? Anybody with better insight around the rumored 10/8 order start that seems to be the info a few folks have gotten?
Friday, October 8 is the first day to order 2022 Wranglers and Gladiators. 2022 production on the Wrangler is scheduled to begin December 6 with only a 2 day shutdown for retooling (sorry, that means no big changes). They have threatened to start in the 2022 4Xe’s sooner than December but I’ll believe it when I see it as they are still accepting 2021 Wrangler orders as of this morning.

john adams

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD, Bolt
Friday, October 8 is the first day to order 2022 Wranglers and Gladiators. 2022 production on the Wrangler is scheduled to begin December 6 with only a 2 day shutdown for retooling (sorry, that means no big changes). They have threatened to start in the 2022 4Xe’s sooner than December but I’ll believe it when I see it as they are still accepting 2021 Wrangler orders as of this morning.
2 days can’t mean much will change. Haven’t gotten my vin yet on 4xe order placed in Sat maybe went in on Monday.

Sponsored

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully
Directly from Stellantis. I order the vehicles for 3 CJDR stores.
Might you know of any colors besides Earl on 2022 launch? I won't tell anyone.

Poppump

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Traverse; Honda CRV; purchasing Wrangler
So I’m waiting to order 2022 4xe so hoping that piece of info is correct!

Kim2021Rubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR, 2018 JKUR, 2021 JLUR ON ORDER
I live in Naper. I've been debating trying the guy @ Hawk or going to Gupton. If Hawk can get within 1-2% of Gupton that would be preferable than flying to TN and driving back. Thoughts?
I reached out to the guy at hawk a few months ago and he said he couldn’t do anything with pricing back then so I ended up ordering at Gupton and we are picking up Friday. Worth a try though.
Sponsored