Sponsored

October 5 is tomorrow. Will the rumors come true?

cgrosen324

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Where did you both order from? I had one ordered on 9/13 that went from D to BE effectively being canceled by FCA. I was told no more 392XR for 2021. My order was duplicated as a 22 by FCA. I have seen post of several other people it has happened to. Just a heads up.
Are you okay with being converted to a 22? I ordered my 392XR on 8/19 and I’ve been told build should be early Nov and delivered by the end of Nov. that being said I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if I was canceled too. Man that would suck.
Sponsored

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
Where did you both order from? I had one ordered on 9/13 that went from D to BE effectively being canceled by FCA. I was told no more 392XR for 2021. My order was duplicated as a 22 by FCA. I have seen post of several other people it has happened to. Just a heads up.
Same thing happened to me. Went from D to BE.
Will need to re order when 22's open.

15 Pieces of Rick Flair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla 3
I just received an email from the MAS salesperson that I could go ahead and order a 2021 now or keep the quote for a 2022. They dropped Snazberry so we're waiting for 2022 color choices... 🎲🎲

I've waiting this long, what's one more week. or 2. or 7?

Sponsored

Bhodi11

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
Are you okay with being converted to a 22? I ordered my 392XR on 8/19 and I’ve been told build should be early Nov and delivered by the end of Nov. that being said I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if I was canceled too. Man that would suck.
Ideally I would like one now. 21/22 really does not matter as I doubt there will be much of a difference. If the 22’ 392 had power seats like the Grand Cherokee L, 360 camera, and wireless CarPlay that would definitely lean me to the 22. Seriously doubt that will happen and I don’t see much in the way of changes coming given all the issues the apocalypse has created.

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
I suppose it’s possible that could happen to me…man I hope it doesn’t. I’ve been waiting an awful long time for the green light to purchase this jeep, a few months more delay would be hard to stomach.

First world problems, I know…

Last edited:

mshaw395

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014JKU
Waiting on 22s to open so I can order a manual transmission Rubicon. I would love to just order a 21 but they have closed that option.

johngalt312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5; Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I live in Naper. I've been debating trying the guy @ Hawk or going to Gupton. If Hawk can get within 1-2% of Gupton that would be preferable than flying to TN and driving back. Thoughts?
Hawk was easy - no complaints.

Back in May: I did my custom
build via the Jeep website and emailed such to Jason. I then spoke with him about pricing/reached an agreement, he then built/priced (as discussed) it in his system, took a requisite $1K deposit, and then placed the order.

I then just waited (took Jeep three months to build/deliver; from what I understand such was due to GG option-related delay) until delivery and then paid and drove off.

I didn’t want Hawk to fully prep the JLUR or install the front license plate bracket, grab handles, etc., and they easily obliged all of that.

I surmise Gupton could’ve gotten slightly lower than Hawk as respects pricing (by a few percent), but I was comfortable with the deal struck with Jason/Hawk (he/they need to make some money as well), and there was/is the value of time to consider.

Sponsored

johngalt312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5; Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Also curious what kind of deals Hawk is willing to do.
Give Jason a call, it’ll only be a few minutes of discussion. With the TL AR program being shut down and current market conditions, not sure where he/they are at present as respects pricing (versus May 2021 when I ordered).

macphisto13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT but wanting to add a Jeep to my stable
I got a marketing email from Jeep today that titled "Don't miss out on the latest electrifying Jeep Brand reveal!" It focused on the new Grand Cherokee but had info about other models, including Wrangler. For the Wrangler it said:

TAKE THE 4X4 CAPABILITY OF THE
JEEP WRANGLER TO NEW LEVELS
In celebration of the Jeep Brand’s 80th anniversary, we’re elevating our capability once again with the introduction of the new available Jeep Wrangler Xtreme Recon Package for Rubicon and Rubicon 392. For the first time ever, customers can enjoy 35-inch tires and a Best-in-Class ground clearance and water fording, straight from the factory.

I went to the website and the configurator still only shows 2021. So... meh

Sdallnct

First Name
Scott Dallal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sport 2door manual
Waiting on 22s to open so I can order a manual transmission Rubicon. I would love to just order a 21 but they have closed that option.
Im waiting to order a manual Willys. My issue is besides AC all I want is the premium soft top. I’m hoping they offer on the WS. If I have to move up to Willys I may take a look at the Rubicon. I do more overlanding than rock crawling and just don’t think I need a Rubi.

Manual, 2door, soft top means special order order around here. so waiting….it funny, I think I received my MY 2016 Sport in Oct. 2015.

Gunzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
First post here as I'm not yet an owner...I ordered a '21 Sahara on July 24th and was told to expect 6-8 weeks. They missed the target a little bit which is understandable given the current supply environment. They updated me today to tell me I should expect to take delivery on October 12th.

At first the dealer said "the only thing that would hold it up now is if it's a 2022 rather than a 2021" but when I asked him to clarify he checked and verified that I'll be getting a '21. Naturally, the 22's came with a price increase.

Evidently production of 22s starts tomorrow (10/7/21) per my dealership but he doesn't expect to see those rolling out until several more months.

Snellville392

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 740e; 2022 XC40 recharge (2); 2021 XC90 recha