Sponsored

October 5 is tomorrow. Will the rumors come true?

15 Pieces of Rick Flair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla 3
I want more info on the XR Willys. I have a "22 at 21 MSRP" deal with MAS (best I can get OCONUS) and a quote for a Rubicon that will be a decent deal now that so many of the options have gone up. But if the WIllys XR ends up being a better buy for me that REALLY complicates things. What a wild ride and I'm still standing in line waiting to get on the ride.

Really hope for a cool new color choice that we both like if nothing else. We shall see...
Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Here's what we've seen so far, to recap from the other 7,452,971 threads....

1. 2023 is the mid-cycle refresh year. This is when we'll see the interior updates that Jeep representatives have been polling owners about lately, and a few exterior updates as well.

2. Most people who have Uconnect 5 don't like it. And some have even had serious issues with it. I don't understand the desire for bigger and better software. It's a damned vehicle. Drive it. If you want to play with tech, park somewhere and whip out a laptop.

3. Order banks for 2022 were pushed back to allow the chip shortage to ease up a bit and allow Jeep to wrap their arms around this problem. The only changes for 2022 so far that we've seen confirmed are a couple of new colors, Earl Grey being one of them.

4. Price increases ARE coming, so if you want a new Jeep now, order it now. Don't sit around and hope for 2022.

BlackTanJL22

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 2dr JL Black/Tan 6cyl stick

1. 2023 is the mid-cycle refresh year. This is when we'll see the interior updates that Jeep representatives have been polling owners about lately, and a few exterior updates as well.

2. Most people who have Uconnect 5 don't like it. And some have even had serious issues with it. I don't understand the desire for bigger and better software. It's a damned vehicle. Drive it. If you want to play with tech, park somewhere and whip out a laptop.

3. Order banks for 2022 were pushed back to allow the chip shortage to ease up a bit and allow Jeep to wrap their arms around this problem. The only changes for 2022 so far that we've seen confirmed are a couple of new colors, Earl Grey being one of them.

4. Price increases ARE coming, so if you want a new Jeep now, order it now. Don't sit around and hope for 2022.
Try to order a ‘21 at ‘21 prices. Hope they push you to a ‘22 with ‘21 prices ✌🏻

Sponsored

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Still nothing has changed. I emailed my local dealer and she told me the same....No new news

Jeep Wrangler JL October 5 is tomorrow.  Will the rumors come true? 1633440434461

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I really doubt they’ll be any large press releases. Probably just a new slider on the Jeep main website. It will probably have a few new colors and then they will display the XR package.

As others have mentioned, seems like uConnect 5 is quite buggy, but remember it is android-based. Just like your iPhone or your android smart phone these units can get over the air updates almost instantly. It might be a drag for the first few months to may be a year, but long term you’ll have the latest supported software.

If you’re dropping $50,000 plus on a vehicle, it would be nice to have the latest software. It’s not a make or break for this model year though.

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully

For those who haven't seen the only confirmed new 2022 color, I present to you Earl Gray (Grey?)

Peep it here

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
They still have problems with Uconnect 4 so there is no reason to believe 5 will be any better. Just new different bugs!!! Hopefully Stellantis will change manufactures for the JM.

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I really don’t see how a new infotainment system makes it a better vehicle. There are quality aftermarket units out there built for the JL with larger screens and are relatively trouble free. To me, it’s just a big distraction visually and operationally.

And I’ve said before. If you always wait for the latest and greatest you’ll never get anything for fear of missing out. They way the economy is right now. I would expect a significant price increase for 2022 and even more so for 2023.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
As others have mentioned, seems like uConnect 5 is quite buggy, but remember it is android-based. Just like your iPhone or your android smart phone these units can get over the air updates almost instantly. It might be a drag for the first few months to may be a year, but long term you’ll have the latest supported software.

If you’re dropping $50,000 plus on a vehicle, it would be nice to have the latest software. It’s not a make or break for this model year though.
My 2019 Uconnect 4 unit is dead. GPS location was about 300 miles off. GPS synced time was 15 minutes off. When I brought it to the dealer, they tried to reboot the system, and it would just lock up. So they pulled the fuse so it wouldn't kill the battery while they ordered a new unit for me. They said the system estimated 4-5 days for a new unit. That was 5 weeks ago.

So buggy software could mean no head unit. No radio, no bluetooth, no navigation. No rearview camera. No offroad pages. Can't see the cabin temperature settings. Not even a clock. At least I have a check engine light now also.

If you are dropping $50k plus on a vehicle, its nice to have what you paid for work. Software is part of that.

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2021 Jeep GC L Limited
my wifes 2021 GC L has uconnect 5 and its awesome. wireless android auto is the best

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
I really don’t see how a new infotainment system makes it a better vehicle. There are quality aftermarket units out there built for the JL with larger screens and are relatively trouble free. To me, it’s just a big distraction visually and operationally.

And I’ve said before. If you always wait for the latest and greatest you’ll never get anything for fear of missing out. They way the economy is right now. I would expect a significant price increase for 2022 and even more so for 2023.
I just want to be able to use MY OWN OFFROAD MAP SOURCES without having to piggyback off my phone!
Sponsored