Sponsored

October 5 is tomorrow. Will the rumors come true?

tampahoosier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD and 2005 TJ
Many are talking about Uconnect 5 being a great change and I was in that camp but I’d bet it won’t be there. There are so many damn bugs and isssues with it I can’t imagine them pushing that out to the JL/JT platform. I see the issues on the ram and WL groups and there are many. Great system but it’s early and buggy.
Sponsored

KAB96F

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon XR
Occupation
Structural Engineer
So, I bought my first Jeep in 2012 (JK Rubicon) and love it, but need to move to a 4 door. I'm looking at a JLU Rubicon (I think). Tried calling a local dealership today and couldn't get a straight answer as to whether: 1) Can I order exactly what I want? and 2) Would it be a 2021 or a 2022?

I'm reading this thread, and cannot imagine them taking orders now for a 2021 given 2022 models are about to go live in October. The person at the dealership was nice, but clueless. Anyone have any answers that can help point me in the right direction? Cheers! :beer:

Sponsored

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
I could see some package changes and some things made standard that were options. They have done some good things bringing out higher end models to steal attention from the Bronco but they have not done much on the lower end.

I could see some things like LED lights becoming standard on lower end models, stuff like that. I wouldn’t hold my breath but it is possible …

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Betting the XR package spreads to more versions, seems like a widely desired package.

ErAcEr

First Name
Matthew (Mateo)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 ZH2 , 2018 Z900, 2013 Vulcan 1700
Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Hopefully Jeep releases some good news for those that are in the market. But I got my jeep so im watchin' a different launch tomorrow.

Jeep Wrangler JL October 5 is tomorrow.  Will the rumors come true? 1633404153366

Muches

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
So, I bought my first Jeep in 2012 (JK Rubicon) and love it, but need to move to a 4 door. I'm looking at a JLU Rubicon (I think). Tried calling a local dealership today and couldn't get a straight answer as to whether: 1) Can I order exactly what I want? and 2) Would it be a 2021 or a 2022?

I'm reading this thread, and cannot imagine them taking orders now for a 2021 given 2022 models are about to go live in October. The person at the dealership was nice, but clueless. Anyone have any answers that can help point me in the right direction? Cheers! :beer:
I had a text from a salesman at a SF East Bay dealership on Oct 1 saying orders start Oct 8.

Sponsored

cgrosen324

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
I spoke with my salesperson today and she said they won’t be accepting MY22 orders until sometime in Nov. I realize that could be 100% wrong…just passing it along.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Uconnect 5, surely, has got to be right around the corner. Likely 2023. If it’s in the ‘22s I would call that big news.
I have no idea how likely or realistic that would be but I would love to see it. It would be like Christmas!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I think 2023 will be a major refresh of the JL. Larger info screen, redesigned HVAC and seats, more tech and so on. I agree. The JL is a grand slam over the JK.
There are very faint rumors of a redesigned frame and body tub so larger wheels can be fitted. Probably for the refresh whenever that will be.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
With all the supply side and semiconductor chip issues, I doubt there will be any significant updates. Even if they were planned for 2022, implementation would be tough. Any big stuff, if there was any, probably got pushed to 2023. XR packages are the big news.

Maybe little things like part bin packages. Too bad they absolutely wasted the Renegade name on a little CUV. A retro Renegade package would look great on the JL.

john adams

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD, Bolt
Gave my deposit on Oct 2. Order went in on Oct 4. Will let you know if I get a 2021 vin number.
Sponsored