OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray JLU Sport S
The only thing I don't dig about the Ocean Blue is how the red accents look on it. The red looks great on other colors (granite, silver), but not my cup of tea on the blue. Those getting Sports and Saharas won't have the red accents though.
Sponsored

Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2012 Subaru Outback, 2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Owner of a Mobile Auto Paint Touch Up Co.
The only thing I don't dig about the Ocean Blue is how the red accents look on it. The red looks great on other colors (granite, silver), but not my cup of tea on the blue. Those getting Sports and Saharas won't have the red accents though.
I actually think the red against this blue looks amazing! Love it!

Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2012 Subaru Outback, 2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Owner of a Mobile Auto Paint Touch Up Co.
Few more. . .

For some reason the dealer wasn't expecting us to pick it up until Saturday so when I said we were on the way (8 hours after they told us it was here) they were rushing to clean it up. They were drying it off when I got there. I had to take off to get to work so I only saw it long enough to walk around it, grab these, and I was on my way to work. It's a nasty rainy day today and no sun expected until Sunday. I'll get better pics when I can. The gas can is one of the bright red ones.

In person it does have a hydro-blue look, but wit more "pop" and purple tones. I'm not sure how much I like all the red outline lettering on it, but it's my wife's and she loves it, so it'll stay.

Any future pictures will be in this thread

IMG_20180219_160744003 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20180219_160816179 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20180219_160822700 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20180219_160915404 - Copy.jpg
Thank you for posting all of the photos! Love it!

LVTiffy

First Name
Tiffany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Rubi
I agree! We even asked the dealer if there was an option to delete the decal off of the build. He said no but should be easy to take off ourselves. Might try it that way and order a diff decal for it.

Ducati Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Panigale V4 Speciale, 2018 JL Granite Rubicon
Now I'm on the fence between Granite and Ocean blue. Is the top available in body color with blue?

Sponsored

Donkey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep TJ Buggy, 1988 Comanche, 2015 Patriot, 91 Jeep YJ
Now I'm on the fence between Granite and Ocean blue. Is the top available in body color with blue?
We ordered 2/12 and the color matched top was unavailable. I talked to Jeep Cares they said possibly late March for availability, I am hoping sooner because we are trying to change the order before we can’t anymore.

Ducati Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Panigale V4 Speciale, 2018 JL Granite Rubicon
We ordered 2/12 and the color matched top was unavailable. I talked to Jeep Cares they said possibly late March for availability, I am hoping sooner because we are trying to change the order before we can’t anymore.
Ok thanks, the more I look it seems too purplish to me. Will be ordering this week so I'm going to add to the mass of Granite ones out there. Maybe..... I don't know.... too hard to choose.:headbang:

Last edited:

Robp7787

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU High Altitude; 2010 Liberty -named Turtle
Looks Great!

I was a little worried about the blue, since some of the rendered colors have ended up being so "off" from the real deal (punkin, mojito). But the Deep Ocean Blue is pretty much as advertised. Personally, I'd have liked a darker blue, like my beloved "Patriot Blue" from my old Cherokee. That was a beautiful color, and my wife's 2002 Wrangler is that color as well. But having owned 3 Blue Jeeps over the years, I'm planning to go with this color for my next vehicle.

And I kind of agree with those folks who said the Red Rubicon decals don't look that great on this color. Luckily, I'm going with a body colored Hard top Sahara when I can actually get one.

FloridaCowboy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Charger 2015 Dodge Challenger 2017 MX 5 RF
Occupation
Retired
I actually think the red against this blue looks amazing! Love it!
I ordered Ocean Sahara and loved the look of the red accents on the blue when I saw the Rubicon. Especially from the rear /side view from the red taillights to the side hood decal.

I did order the large SAHARA decal to go on both sides of the hood in matte black with reflective red outline. Same size and font as the JL Rubicon decals. Will de-badge the wrangler decals and sahara letters, then possibly the jeep badge also. Leaving the trail badge.

I know this is not very original but it is great to see how everyone creates their own beauty in the JL. If I don’t like the Sahara decals, peel um off and only out $35.

Probably wrapping the dash panels in matte red or blue. To me the grey is just to boring.
Wish you had the option of ordering the red with the Sahara.

Waiting patiently...ordered 1/29 and stuck here, day 13 in D1.

My license plate will look great with the Ocean blue

Sponsored

StuckinNC

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Congratulations. I am probably going to pull my hair out before I get mine. Can I borrow yours until mine comes in.

Hip2u77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine: '14 JKUR, Hers: '18 JLUR
How do you like the red dash with it?
Believe it or not. . . I only sat it for a couple minutes last night while I tried to sync my phone, which it wouldn't do, so I closed it up and went in the house. From that little time in it I didn't mind the red dash. The red outline on "Rubicon" looks good in person but I don't like the red all over the trail rated badge and Jeep logo. This is my wife's jeep, but if it was mine, those would be changed asap.

So far, the only thing that's really made me stop and go "why". . . is the gauge beside the tach that tells you it's in 2WD/ 4WD, etc. Seems like a massive waste of space since most of the time it will be in 2WD. A simply light would have been better imo and then use that for something else. (As I stated, I haven't played with everything so I might be able to change that to something else. I did notice it said, "Since 1941" there when I first pushed the start button.

Zoobie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Yes, you can absolutely change the Rubicon hood decal, it is just a sticker... I did on my Hydro Blue JKU. See this pic, it shows two Hydro Blue Rubicon's next to each other, and you can see the original in red on the left and mine on the right where I did silver outline instead. My wife told me that Red + Blue doesn't even look good on Spider-Man... so I replaced the red accents on the hood and side decals. With a hair dryer, you heat the decal a little, get the corner up a little with your finger nail, then pull the decal off at a 45 degree angle and it comes off clean (lots of YouTube videos on it), then I bought the new decals from here... they even have JL font already! https://www.pixeldecals.com/shop/Customizable-Hood-Lettering-Decals-Rubi-JL

IMG_0407.JPG

Hip2u77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine: '14 JKUR, Hers: '18 JLUR
Yes, you can absolutely change the Rubicon hood decal... I did on my Hydro Blue JKU. See this pic, it shows two Hydro Blue Rubicon's next to each other, and you can see the original in red on one and mine where I did silver outline instead. My wife told me that Red and Blue doesn't even look good on Spider-Man... so I replaced the red accents on the hood and side decals. With a hair dryer, you heat the decal a little and pull the decal off at a 45 degree angle and it comes off clean (lots of YouTube videos on it), then I bought the new decals from here... they even have JL font already! https://www.pixeldecals.com/shop/Customizable-Hood-Lettering-Decals-Rubi-JL

IMG_0407.JPG

This is my wife's Jeep and she loves all the red on it. It it was mine, I would change them out asap!

By the way, I love the hydro blue color. I wanted that but it wasn't available when ordered our '07 (Flame Red), '12 (Cosmo blue) or '14 (Flame Red again.)