OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club

17FreedomChief

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Freedom Edition in Chief
No, but I didn’t ask for one. Do you get that when you place your order or a little bit afterwards?
Should be the same day if they actually placed the order. Some dealerships will take down your order but with the order banks not currently accepting Ocean Blue they are probably holding it until it can actually be entered into the system. My only issue with that is it’s probably on a stack somewhere and someone has to be responsible and in the know enough to place the order as soon it’s possible to be placed for allocation.
Sponsored

hilljackglh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150. 2018 Yukon Denali
Occupation
Retired Dentist
Should be the same day if they actually placed the order. Some dealerships will take down your order but with the order banks not currently accepting Ocean Blue they are probably holding it until it can actually be entered into the system. My only issue with that is it’s probably on a stack somewhere and someone has to be responsible and in the know enough to place the order as soon it’s possible to be placed for allocation.
Sir, I like your thought process

17FreedomChief

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Freedom Edition in Chief
Sir, I like your thought process
Yeah I have some recent experience with it as last year I wanted a very specific combo in being the Chief exterior in the Freedom Edition package for my JKU. I was in constant contact with Craig at Koon’s prior to placing the order and between his info and info from forums understanding when that color was available for selection. It all worked out well in the end and very happy with what I got. Lurking around here learning what I can about the JL until I place my order for a 2 door on a year or so. Going to add to the family the 17 JKU isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

dlobell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU Sahara
Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 10.30.03 AM.png
Does anyone know if this is supposed to be Ocean Blue? It looks awesome!!

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 10.30.03 AM.png
Does anyone know if this is supposed to be Ocean Blue? It looks awesome!!
Yes it is. I checked out a 300s in Ocean Blue today (sorry no pics the salesman was all over us) and it looked really solid. Definitely worth waiting for.

Sponsored

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
I have my price worked out already with the dealer, but I will go in and place the order the day I see it can actually be placed. I’ve come to realize I know more and find out more than most salesmen/women, thanks to this forum and checking back daily/hourly (I have a problem lol). All I’m waiting on is the color and possibly the power top. I’ve mentioned it in another thread what I SHOULD do is wait to see both in person, but I’m inpatient. Lol maybe even should wait till 2019 as I’ve heard the V6 is getting the BSG or whatever.

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
I been to dealership each day for a week. I’v Seen the irder guy’s computer screen myself. Ocean Blue CANNOT be ordered yet. I’ve put $500 to lock in my negotiation price but it’s is impossible for any dealer to register the build with Jeep. Feb 5 is likely to change that.
I'm hoping the Feb 5th day is start of production and they'll start taking orders earlier....since it'll take time until the Jeep is ready for paint anyways!

JLpaulo

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Is it confirmed the Ocean Blue available on the Chrysler 300 is the same for the JL?
And/or potentially the blue on the newly revealed 2019 RAM from the Detroit Auto show?

ram-1500-new-blue.jpg

Phenomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
Is it confirmed the Ocean Blue available on the Chrysler 300 is the same for the JL?
And/or potentially the blue on the newly revealed 2019 RAM from the Detroit Auto show?

ram-1500-new-blue.jpg
That looks nice. The 300 doesn't look as nice in daylight though, but that may be just from the lack of trim/accents.

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
That looks nice. The 300 doesn't look as nice in daylight though, but that may be just from the lack of trim/accents.
Were you not a fan of the Ocean Blue on the 300? I would never personally buy a 300 but I thought the color was pretty sweet. It seemed to change hue pretty nicely in the sun. I was pretty happy with it overall. Although after seeing some of these Granite Rubicons it has me second guessing a bit.

Sponsored

Phenomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
Were you not a fan of the Ocean Blue on the 300? I would never personally buy a 300 but I thought the color was pretty sweet. It seemed to change hue pretty nicely in the sun. I was pretty happy with it overall. Although after seeing some of these Granite Rubicons it has me second guessing a bit.
It's really hard for me to guess how it will look on the JL without seeing it in person - Googling "Chrysler 300 Ocean Blue" returns about 10 different shades of blue.

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Firecracker Red, 2014 Durango, 1999 Honda CRV
Vehicle Showcase
I was at the Detroit auto show yesterday and was disappointed to find a wide variety of blues on Dodge, Ram, Chrysler, but no Ocean Blue on any of them. They had Jazz, Laser, New Holland, and a bunch more, but no Ocean. :-(

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
What is your feedback on the JL. Did you only drive a Rubicon or compare it at all to the Sport S?

Finally drove the JL Rubicon today!! The dealership even had a little offroad trail that I got to test it on!!!

I actually ordered an Ocean Blue Rubicon over a month ago. Can't wait to see IT in person. Driving the white one today may have made waiting even more unbearable!

Vin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 4Runner
I was thinking about ordering Ocean Blue with body color fenders, a tan top and tan interior. I'm just afraid to order it as well without seeing it in person. I agree that looking at that 300 shows too many variations in color for me to be comfortable with it.