OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Did anyone remove their "Rubicon" sticker on the hood? If so I appreciate a picture, as I want to remove them, but would like to take a look before carrying out the project.
I’m in Florida until Tuesday, I can post more pictures when I’m back home.

CD88D2D2-C4F2-497D-971D-3DB4A349277B.jpeg
Sponsored

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
I’m in Florida until Tuesday, I can post more pictures when I’m back home.

CD88D2D2-C4F2-497D-971D-3DB4A349277B.jpeg
Thank you, that looks really clean and neat!

How hard is it to remove the sticker without hurting the paint?

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
I didn’t do it, I had my friend do it before he put 3m paint protection film on the hood and front fenders

I really like it. I was gonna make the emblems black but the little touch of red Matches the tow hooks for now. When I get a new bumper I’ll reconsider.

TexasJeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubi 392 on order
Ordered my Ocean blue JLUR with black fenders and top on 11/5. Love the color but still a bit torn on color choices. How often do you see alot of purple in it? Since i've ordered it I see alot of purple, probably just a mental thing. I have a Firecracker red Willy's Wheeler right now and still love a slightly flashy color, a bit different.

Robieman

First Name
Robie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150; Sharron's 2020Grand Cherokee
Ordered my Ocean blue JLUR with black fenders and top on 11/5. Love the color but still a bit torn on color choices. How often do you see alot of purple in it? Since i've ordered it I see alot of purple, probably just a mental thing. I have a Firecracker red Willy's Wheeler right now and still love a slightly flashy color, a bit different.
We decided on the Ocean Blue when looking at the dealer, and it was an overcast day. Yes, it had a hint of purple at different angles. But we both loved it so ordered one. After picking it up, and having it a while now, I will say it is one of the most beautiful blue shades you will find. In the sun, it is most definitely blue. No purple hue at all. I guess to sum up, it mostly depends on the lighting. If you can put your eyes on some in your area, and in different lighting, I think you can get the effect of the paint better than pics. If you are a fan of blue, I think you will be satisfied with the Ocean Blue.
Of course, this is all just my opinion, but my wife and I are both really loving the color. Even the guys I work with have commented on it, & I work at a Chevy dealer!! (but don't tell anyone!)

Sponsored

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
Thank you, that looks really clean and neat!

How hard is it to remove the sticker without hurting the paint?
I did mine in the summer. It was very easy. Use your fingernail to pull up a corner and slowly peel off the letter. Very little sticky stuff was left. I used polish to remove it. Then waxed it. No problems at all.

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
QQ for the OB community. I want to order a Jeep Informant flashlight kit. Do I go with the OB to match the Jeep, or do I go with the Red to match the Rubicon accent color? They are going back down to $19 on Friday.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
QQ for the OB community. I want to order a Jeep Informant flashlight kit. Do I go with the OB to match the Jeep, or do I go with the Red to match the Rubicon accent color? They are going back down to $19 on Friday.
Might have to coin toss that one my friend.

Sponsored

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
When I removed my plastic bumpers, all the red accent tow hooks went away, for me the red one would bring accents back. Just a thought for you...

jasceni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Ocean Blue
Has anyone put the satin black grill on? Let me see some pics if you have