Sponsored

OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club

TReed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Almost ordered the Granite last week but I keep clicking over to the Ocean Blue. Don't really want to wait but I think I'm leaning blue with tan interior.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Almost ordered the Granite last week but I keep clicking over to the Ocean Blue. Don't really want to wait but I think I'm leaning blue with tan interior.
I would have waited for this color, but my JK had 95k on it, if I waited that would have put me over the 100k mark. I needed all the money I could get for my loaded JLUR in Granite Crystal. I've had the JK in Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl (long ass paint name). The blue reminds me of that, just opposite end of the spectrum. A bit hard to maintain, I think the Granite Crystal will be a nice change for me, a little more on the down low too.

Phenomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
After some consideration, I have to say I think it looks even better with the painted fenders. With the MOPAR black fenders only being 500 a set, it wouldn't be too expensive to replace down the line if necessary. Much cheaper than going the other way around.

download (1).jpeg

1h8ElVG (3).png

HRP

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Rubicon & 2018 JLUR
I am also waiting on an Ocean Blue....I hope the metallic tone isn't to strong.
I currently have a 2012 Cosmos Blue 2 dr Rubicon which is really a good looking blue.
Think it only came out in that year. I get more compliments on it's looks. Was kind of thinking it would come out again.
I like the 4 dr with black fenders and black top. Will put a 3" lift and 35's.
I have a salesman that is suppose to be watching when the color gets released, but will also watch this thread for updates.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bluebicon

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GMC Sierra All Terrain
I am also waiting on an Ocean Blue....I hope the metallic tone isn't to strong.
I currently have a 2012 Cosmel Blue 2 dr Rubicon which is really a good looking blue.
Think it only came out in that year. I get more compliments on it's looks. Was kind of thinking it would come out again.
I like the 4 dr with black fenders and black top. Will put a 3" lift and 35's.
I have a salesman that is suppose to be watching when the color gets released, but will also watch this thread for updates.
The 2012 blue color was called Cosmos Blue, that's what my 2012 Sahara JKU was.

HRP

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Rubicon & 2018 JLUR
Absolutely correct......had to go back in my notes.......
The 2012 blue color was called Cosmos Blue, that's what my 2012 Sahara JKU was.

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
So friggen torn before I order my Rubicon

Painted fenders w painted top (Maybe Power)
Painted fenders w black top
Black and black???

Or just go black painted everything on a black jeep (like everyone else)

Quigley

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2 door, 2018 Harley Limited 115th Anniversary Edition, 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 diesel
I want the 2 dr JL Sahara in Ocean Blue, with black top and fenders. Makes the color really pop against the black. I think all blue would tend to blur the overall image of the component parts. JMHO. Each to their own.
Happy Hew Years everyone!

Bluebicon

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GMC Sierra All Terrain
I want the 2 dr JL Sahara in Ocean Blue, with black top and fenders. Makes the color really pop against the black. I think all blue would tend to blur the overall image of the component parts. JMHO. Each to their own.
Happy Hew Years everyone!
That would be cool but they no longer offer Sahara in 2 door.

Sponsored

Quigley

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2 door, 2018 Harley Limited 115th Anniversary Edition, 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 diesel
Dealer told me they will offer 2 dr Sahara later in the year.

KaDeTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan RLine 2018 2.0TDI
Love the color but i'm worried that the color would be to scratched up after first visit offending in wooden area compering to silver or white color. what are your thoughts on this??

Jeepvkk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Impreza, Audi Q5
I was sure this was my color but whenever I see a jk in blue on the street and google it isn’t as appealing esp in metallic. I’m worried this might end up being too metallic and shiny in real life. It does look amazing in the builder
Sponsored