OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club

ssureshb

First Name
SURESH BABU
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Totally understand the frustration. And yes, I have mine. You'll love it when it comes in.... and believe it or not, any frustration you had over this part of the process will go away once you're behind the wheel. :) Have a great day and enjoy your Wrangler.
Thanks, Charlie. I saw it today and all my frustration is already up in the wind...
Glad you got your jeep...
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Anyone done any cool mods their OB wranglers yet? I'm thinking about installing artec' inner fenders on the front and rear just for the looks but I haven't been able to visualize it in various colors yet so I'm waiting. I'd love to see what others are doing.

dond49

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon OBM
I'm getting frustrated, my Jeep is still at Dennis Dillon awaiting a front bumper that may have an expected ship date of maybe early July but more likely late July. Don't think I can wait that long, all the other mods are done, just waiting on the Poison Spyder front bumper then they can attach the winch and the Mopar lights. I've told the dealer that I will be picking up the Jeep on July 7, 7 weeks after it was delivered regardless of the bumper or not. Should I just wait till the bumper comes in??
I've attached 2 photos, they removed the red dash and repainted it the exterior color, Ocean Blue Metallic. I'll be using a fabric pen to change the red stitching to black.
OBM-RubiDash01.jpg
OBM-RubiDash02.jpg

c3h5

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR All Ocean Blue
I'm getting frustrated, my Jeep is still at Dennis Dillon awaiting a front bumper that may have an expected ship date of maybe early July but more likely late July. Don't think I can wait that long, all the other mods are done, just waiting on the Poison Spyder front bumper then they can attach the winch and the Mopar lights. I've told the dealer that I will be picking up the Jeep on July 7, 7 weeks after it was delivered regardless of the bumper or not. Should I just wait till the bumper comes in??
I've attached 2 photos, they removed the red dash and repainted it the exterior color, Ocean Blue Metallic. I'll be using a fabric pen to change the red stitching to black.
OBM-RubiDash01.jpg
OBM-RubiDash02.jpg
Been waiting to see someone do a painted blue dash, If you ever get another photo that’s not washed out by the sun I’d love to see. Do you think you could get the stitching re done instead of marking?

dond49

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I asked about that, restitching the other pieces and they said something about warranty issues due to the heated steering wheel. On the shifter might be more trouble than it's worth. The seats were easy, Katzskin leather. I'm definitely glad I got the dash redone. Wish Jeep would have you the option when you ordered, dash and stitching color, would have been easier and more money for them.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
OBM-RubiDash01.jpg
OBM-RubiDash02.jpg
Daaaamn that dash looks good in there. That's a lot of mods before even taking delivery.

dond49

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Daaaamn that dash looks good in there. That's a lot of mods before even taking delivery.
Well, I'm going to do the mods anyway, might as well have them done there if I can.

GordonZoo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram ED
Occupation
Most Everything
So after being in Inspection for over 30 days I wanted to know what was up. They opened up a case number and started a new build with the exact features in the first. Now there are two identical Blue Rubicons being shipped to my dealer and the Jeep cares person indicated I should take the second one that did not have Inspection issues. I would have to agree as my first is already in the cruise control recall. The sticker price increased by $20 because of the floor mat price hike but what I'm finding interesting is the VIN number change. Does anyone know how to un-code the difference between the 1 and 4 in the VIN number?
1C4HJXFG1JW2126XX
1C4HJXFG4JW2517XX

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
Does anyone know how to un-code the difference between the 1 and 4 in the VIN number?
1C4HJXFG1JW2126XX
1C4HJXFG4JW2517XX
Positions 12-17: Plant Sequence Number

Basically the diff is the number of vehicles made at that plant since the lower number.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
OBM-RubiDash01.jpg
OBM-RubiDash02.jpg
2ca3gc.jpg