Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram ED
Occupation
Most Everything
So my JLUR was in inspection for over a month and I inquired a couple times why. Just got the "basic quality is of upmost importance to us"... I'm OK with that and while were spending close to 60-K on this after everything, I don't want to have the problems some are seeing. Now last week my jeep shows up being in the process of shipping and I see my Vin on the dealer search as in transit. I have some hope now right.... until today... I just got an e-mail that reads...

Dear Customer:

Case #: 341366xx
VIN: 1C4HJXFG4JW25xxx
Vehicle Description: JEEP WRANGLER RUBICON UNLIMITED SPORT UTILITY 4-DOOR

Hello Richard, As per your recent inquiry on vehicle status. A new VIN number has been assigned, please use the VIN 1C4HJXFG4JW25xxxx. Thank You, -FCA

Note: This is a system generated message. Please do not reply.

Sincerely,
ALEXANDER
Customer Assistance Center

I e-mailed my dealer as to WTF.

chadc880

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
So my JLUR was in inspection for over a month and I inquired a couple times why. Just got the "basic quality is of upmost importance to us"... I'm OK with that and while were spending close to 60-K on this after everything, I don't want to have the problems some are seeing. Now last week my jeep shows up being in the process of shipping and I see my Vin on the dealer search as in transit. I have some hope now right.... until today... I just got an e-mail that reads...

Dear Customer:

Case #: 341366xx
VIN: 1C4HJXFG4JW25xxx
Vehicle Description: JEEP WRANGLER RUBICON UNLIMITED SPORT UTILITY 4-DOOR

Hello Richard, As per your recent inquiry on vehicle status. A new VIN number has been assigned, please use the VIN 1C4HJXFG4JW25xxxx. Thank You, -FCA

Note: This is a system generated message. Please do not reply.

Sincerely,
ALEXANDER
Customer Assistance Center

I e-mailed my dealer as to WTF.

Just curious how much or how far off XXX is the new vin ? Thought they were making 900 to 1000 per day. Maybe not Rubicon's. Would be interested what Jeep Chat would tell you with the old VIN# because something seems off or unless it got damage during the shipping stage.

And that is a bunch of BS about the quality part. It got put in I because someone screwed up building your Jeep. I know they were backed up in the Reprocess Department "I" but usually your VIN would get reissued during that phase and not after it got built.

Sponsored

c3h5

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR All Ocean Blue
Where did you get the antenna from ? and I was not offended. :)
Hmm I can’t remember now, wherever I order the new hood latches from that have yet to arrive, so I guess I’ll remember when those show up.

ssureshb

First Name
SURESH BABU
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Jeep Chat just told me that it is awaiting shipping....

I told her that she should check in Dealer connect system for the latest update and then she confirmed that it is 100 miles to the dealership at the rail yard with no ETA

I drop the chat and in 5 mins, the dealer called in saying the Jeep has arrived...

Going to wait until Saturday to surprise the wife with her gift...YAY...Ready to wait it out until then...

Bad customer service...People expect to know the realtime status when they trust your brand...

Sponsored

CWH61

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler. 2018 Cherokee
Occupation
Public Relations
Jeep Chat just told me that it is awaiting shipping....

I told her that she should check in Dealer connect system for the latest update and then she confirmed that it is 100 miles to the dealership at the rail yard with no ETA

I drop the chat and in 5 mins, the dealer called in saying the Jeep has arrived...

Going to wait until Saturday to surprise the wife with her gift...YAY...Ready to wait it out until then...

Bad customer service...People expect to know the realtime status when they trust your brand...
If this is all you have to bitch about in your life... you are blessed.

ssureshb

First Name
SURESH BABU
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If this is all you have to bitch about in your life... you are blessed.
Thank you... I hope it helps a few of us who have been facing significant delays understand that not everything that you get from the customer service is correct...Also I said bad customer service when they cannot provide an accurate status.

You can call this bitching if I have to put in an order and wait for more than 13 weeks and without being able to get a real time status...I am spending money and I expect a service...

CWH61

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Public Relations
Thank you... I hope it helps a few of us who have been facing significant delays understand that not everything that you get from the customer service is correct...Also I said bad customer service when they cannot provide an accurate status.

You can call this bitching if I have to put in an order and wait for more than 13 weeks and without being able to get a real time status...I am spending money and I expect a service...
I'm sorry... I thought you heard during the first call to Jeep Cares that FCA is just starting the production process for the JL and they asked you to understand that information may not be the most accurate at all times. There is a lot going on in the production of these cars. Sometimes you get lucky and the order slides through. Sometimes, things don't go as planned, especially with the four-cylinder cars. But it's your right to complain. Which means others can judge your comments. Hope you get your Wrangler sooner than later.

ssureshb

First Name
SURESH BABU
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm sorry... I thought you heard during the first call to Jeep Cares that FCA is just starting the production process for the JL and they asked you to understand that information may not be the most accurate at all times. There is a lot going on in the production of these cars. Sometimes you get lucky and the order slides through. Sometimes, things don't go as planned, especially with the four-cylinder cars. But it's your right to complain. Which means others can judge your comments. Hope you get your Wrangler sooner than later.
Completely agree with you...well we all love a Jeep and so it gets on our nerve when we don't get it by the promised time...

Will be picking it up later over the weekend...

Hope you received yours...

CWH61

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Public Relations
Completely agree with you...well we all love a Jeep and so it gets on our nerve when we don't get it by the promised time...

Will be picking it up later over the weekend...

Hope you received yours...
Totally understand the frustration. And yes, I have mine. You'll love it when it comes in.... and believe it or not, any frustration you had over this part of the process will go away once you're behind the wheel. :) Have a great day and enjoy your Wrangler.
Sponsored