Frankie Drums

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
Raise hell with the dealer- After raising hell with my dealer they got it to me in less than a week and gave me a free 5/60k bumper to bumper.

I asked to talk to the local FCA rep for the dealer and then everything started moving. Granted the Jeep was delivered SANS the soft top, but I got it delivered just a couple weeks after I picked up the Jeep. If I did not push hard I do not think I would have gotten the Jeep delivered even as of today.
I've been driving a loaner free of charge for the past 3 weeks due to the hell I raised. It's been escalated to the AM and the RCM. The Jeep's been KZ for 50 days. I think they lost it and don't want to admit it yet.
Sponsored

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
I've been driving a loaner free of charge for the past 3 weeks due to the hell I raised. It's been escalated to the AM and the RCM. The Jeep's been KZ for 50 days. I think they lost it and don't want to admit it yet.
It might be, more than likely it is only "lost" in a sea of other JL's waiting for delivery. Jeep got behind because of part shortages (mostly because of hardtop headliners and softtops) and they just parked them outside of the plant..... until they ran out of room there so they shipped them off to other storage facilities near the plant. There is really no rhyme or reason how they go in or come out. So then it ends up being people like you waiting. I ordered on 1-29 and did not take delivery until 5-4. It was built on 2-14. So I feel your pain. Keep pushing for bonuses. I have a feeling you can get even more.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
My dealer just emailed me that my order is in D1 status. This has me excited, but after reading many posts in this forum, I am not sure what I should be expecting next. I think this means the long wait has started, and it would be several weeks before a status change, ETA date, and so on. For those who recently received your Jeep, what do you think?
Call your dealer and ask if they have a ship date. This usually is assigned when you get to D1. And it is the date the build should start. Actual ship date is usually 1-3 weeks after that.

ssureshb

First Name
SURESH BABU
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Too bad...They are killing the experience...

I am told that my jeep is in the nearest rail station...not sure how true...

ssureshb

First Name
SURESH BABU
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
When FCA chat types in 2 screens:
chatAgent.png
Diana: Hi, my name is Diana with Jeep Customer Care, How may I help you today?
chatEndUserMessage.png
Suresh Babu Sivaswamy: Hi Diana
chatEndUserMessage.png
Suresh Babu Sivaswamy: HRU?
chatEndUserMessage.png
Suresh Babu Sivaswamy: I am looking for my current status in shipping and an ETS
chatEndUserMessage.png
Suresh Babu Sivaswamy: ETA
chatEndUserMessage.png
Suresh Babu Sivaswamy:
chatEndUserMessage.png
Suresh Babu Sivaswamy:
chatEndUserMessage.png
Suresh Babu Sivaswamy: I think you wil have to check in Dealer Connect system for the correct status and ETA
chatAgent.png
Diana: That is current status as of today. Is there an issue?

chatEndUserMessage.png
Suresh Babu Sivaswamy: What's the status
chatEndUserMessage.png
Suresh Babu Sivaswamy: I did not get any status???Is this for some other window??

Sponsored

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
Call your dealer and ask if they have a ship date. This usually is assigned when you get to D1. And it is the date the build should start. Actual ship date is usually 1-3 weeks after that.
Thanks for the information, I will do that.

FreeFall

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Ordered my first Wrangler last week (May 31st) - Ocean Blue Sahara - can't wait but sound like I will be based on some of the comments - counting the days for sure

Frankie Drums

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
Keep pushing for bonuses. I have a feeling you can get even more.
I'm leasing so I'm going to ask for a reduction in monthly payments. If I can save $50/mo that's a tank of gas.

Dealer just notified me the Jeep should arrive in Jersey on 6/12, which would get it to me possibly on Saturday 6/16, which is exactly 4 months from when I ordered it.

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm leasing so I'm going to ask for a reduction in monthly payments. If I can save $50/mo that's a tank of gas.

Dealer just notified me the Jeep should arrive in Jersey on 6/12, which would get it to me possibly on Saturday 6/16, which is exactly 4 months from when I ordered it.
Congrats on the light at the end of the tunnel... It is re-god-damn-diculous that it took so long. I was 3 months and 1 week. It was painful. But it will be worth it when it is all said and done.

Sponsored

Brew20MJO

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - Ocean Blue Metallic
Has anyone been able to find a diecast model for the new JL? in Ocean Blue of course!!