OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club

dond49

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon OBM
Believe it or not I got about 7 quotes ranging from $500 per wheel (yeah right) down to $100 per wheel which I’m comfortable with. Also convenient the best quote was actually from the dealer I’m buying the Jeep thru. I got the wheels (online for $220 ea) for 187 tho so I’m pretty happy and sold my take off wheels and tires for $1600
Is the dealer buying your stock wheels and tires? Curious as to how you can sell them when you don't have them yet?
Sponsored

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
sounds similar to mine, JLUR with premium soft top only, LED, painted fenders.......ordered 2/23.....in D1 according to jeep chat but not on the spreadsheet yet.
Mine better hurry up.... ordered 2/9 been in D1 for a couple of weeks with an est date of 4/12 (not holding my breath on that).... prem soft top fully loaded rubi minus smokers. I hope all of sudden its like a snow storm of ocean blues being shipped out..... we have all waited too freakin long!

FloridaCowboy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Charger 2015 Dodge Challenger 2017 MX 5 RF
Occupation
Retired
510B511A-72CA-4ADE-98EA-B1BA24576682.jpeg
Total bullshit from FCA! If I call, they tell me KZ, waiting to schedule to ship.
If I chat...everyday they tell me D1 not been built yet. Which is it?
Ocean Blue Sahara...ordered January 26th

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Now they claim they're waiting on paint? What the hell is that nonsense? Obviously they've been producing them.

Sponsored

arjusmc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JL Unlimited Sport S
Total bullshit from FCA! If I call, they tell me KZ, waiting to schedule to ship.

Yeah I don’t get it, there are already ocean blue jl unlimiteds on the road, I can’t imagine they’d run out of paint. Is yours a color matched hardtop?

FloridaCowboy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Charger 2015 Dodge Challenger 2017 MX 5 RF
Occupation
Retired
Nope, black hardtop, auto, LED, prox, towing.

GordonZoo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram ED
Occupation
Most Everything
I've only been in this for two weeks and I was told to expect six weeks with never knowing an exact date. It's like I'm waiting for Christmas morning to happen and I'm stuck in Groundhog day. I consider this site to be a support group to get me thru the wait. I cant imaging what some of you Guys/Gals are enduring. I think I'll go to a dealership I haven't visited and have another test drive to get a fix.

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Man that sucks! Like how hard is it to get the real answer! I will always be loyal and pro-jeep, but the whole ordering system is run by a roulette wheel.... where ever the little ball lands is your "current" status!

Goblue

First Name
Darran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU/OB
Occupation
FF/PM
Local Facebook Jeep group.
Schmeegz! Not really a FB guy but I'm thinking of doing the same thing you did but my purchase is Ilinois at Tyson Motors how the hell do I reach out to someone there on FB to try and do the same thing

Sponsored

RisingEagle

First Name
Armond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4DR Ocean Blue Rubicon
Because everyone doesn't pay attention to the tracking thread, I thought I'd share this little experiment here as well (since it affects us Ocean Blue people)

--- copy/paste ---
OK because it's saturday and it's raining so I can't mow grass, I said to self - you know what self, let's see how many Ocean Blue JL Wranglers there are out there. Because, you know, you've waited over 2 months for your order and it hasn't even been started - maybe we should just cancel that and pick one up off the lot if it's close. Self said - hey that's a great idea, since I live on the east coast - let's check the east coast.

hah

10 locations (8 being from PA to FL, 2 others being dallas, tx and st louis mo). 10 random zip codes from each of those locations, and search within 150 miles of that zip code. (I know, very scientific right - but if I had access to a better search engine I could do a better job)

I identified 13,237 JLUs at those 10 locations

there was ONE Ocean Blue JLUR - a sport model - near Vienna, VA
there were THREE listed as "in-transit"

out of over 13,000 - at most, 4 are confirmed built. That's going to be less than .0003% - so 3/1000 of a percent.

I'm going to go with Ocean Blue is a production issue; guess they could have given me that answer and saved me 10 minutes of my life doing their job for them.

I'm not saying none are being built - but very, very, very few sure appear to be.

oh well.

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
Because everyone doesn't pay attention to the tracking thread, I thought I'd share this little experiment here as well (since it affects us Ocean Blue people)

--- copy/paste ---
OK because it's saturday and it's raining so I can't mow grass, I said to self - you know what self, let's see how many Ocean Blue JL Wranglers there are out there. Because, you know, you've waited over 2 months for your order and it hasn't even been started - maybe we should just cancel that and pick one up off the lot if it's close. Self said - hey that's a great idea, since I live on the east coast - let's check the east coast.

hah

10 locations (8 being from PA to FL, 2 others being dallas, tx and st louis mo). 10 random zip codes from each of those locations, and search within 150 miles of that zip code. (I know, very scientific right - but if I had access to a better search engine I could do a better job)

out of over 13,000 - at most, 4 are confirmed built. That's going to be less than .0003% - so 3/1000 of a percent.

I'm going to go with Ocean Blue is a production issue; guess they could have given me that answer and saved me 10 minutes of my life doing their job for them.

I'm not saying none are being built - but very, very, very few sure appear to be.

oh well.
Haha just replied to your post over there.

Bluandwht86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2020 JLR
Yea I looked on cars.com and there are 14 listed total any distance away from my zip. 1 is less than an hour away. The next closest one is almost 600 miles away, and I don't think they are all even in stock (lots of them don't show actual pics). Also, went D1 last night!

MoesJLUR

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Just got back from the Dealer. I am not in D-1 with a ET of shipping 4/19. With any luck Ill have it by 1 may. Ordered 3/12

I ordered a JLUR
Prem Softtop
Black Leather
All other options except painted fenders and smokers group.

Goblue

First Name
Darran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU/OB
Occupation
FF/PM

--- copy/paste ---

hah

oh well.
Man that only took you 10 min......that would of taken all day lol good job! Now you made us all depressed.....Jk it is what it is....makes a person what to go into the plant and help them build them.
Sponsored