OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
We jumped the Mojito forum and were now a proud member of the Blue club. Maxed out a Blue Rubicon and we were told 6 weeks is the lead time right now. I was told we are pushed before the normal dealer orders. I'm skeptical on 6 weeks reading the posts here but as long as we get some summer then I will be able to get my fix.
Welcome!!!
Sponsored

Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2012 Subaru Outback, 2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Owner of a Mobile Auto Paint Touch Up Co.
Finally got mine on monday traded in my 2013 sport. Love this thing. 20180319_105933.jpg 20180320_105123.jpg 20180322_102824.jpg 20180322_102811.jpg
Removed bumper end caps for awhile 20180323_111031.jpg
Awesome, congratulations! And thanks for sharing!!!

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Finally got mine on monday traded in my 2013 sport. Love this thing. 20180319_105933.jpg 20180320_105123.jpg 20180322_102824.jpg 20180322_102811.jpg
Removed bumper end caps for awhile 20180323_111031.jpg
When did you order? Your jeep looks great, and every one that gets made, mine moves a little closer....

Alien2007

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 jku
I ordered Jan 31st it was finished being built on the feb12. Then I got stuck waiting on dual top soft top

Sponsored

Moytz

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JK
I’m in the same status @Schmeegz
How did you find out where your status of the build was. I ordered 3/13 and only have a von number but no vin. Would be fun to follow the build even if it takes a couple months.

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
How did you find out where your status of the build was. I ordered 3/13 and only have a von number but no vin. Would be fun to follow the build even if it takes a couple months.
You can check with your dealer or use Jeep chat on Jeep’s website. In the live chat they will ask for your von and address. Just so you know you will get multiple answers and often conflicting based on the agent you get.
They will tell you that they are unable to pull up any info or tell you you are in the scheduling phase if you are in C status. That mostly means they are waiting for a certain part before they can begin your build. I’m my case I’m assuming it’s the color matched hard top. Once you get a vin you should be moved to d status and eventually D1

Sponsored

Moytz

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JK
You can check with your dealer or use Jeep chat on Jeep’s website. In the live chat they will ask for your von and address. Just so you know you will get multiple answers and often conflicting based on the agent you get.
They will tell you that they are unable to pull up any info or tell you you are in the scheduling phase if you are in C status. That mostly means they are waiting for a certain part before they can begin your build. I’m my case I’m assuming it’s the color matched hard top. Once you get a vin you should be moved to d status and eventually D1

Thank you..

MerciiRubii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 OB Rubicon JL
I ordered a Ocean Blue body colored Rubi, I realized I liked the overall look better than the Sahara but there is a few things I want to change or was looking for recommendations.

I want to get rid of the red sticker and potentially the red jeep logos and front tow hooks, as well as get the grille inserts painted silver to match the JL, what do you guys think? I love the blue color but for some reason I think the red is too much. Also I was wondering if anyone knew of pricing, I spoke with the dealer just about the hooks and grille insert and its 800, sounds outrageous, seems like its pretty easy to do but I don't have a garage to pull the grill out or really the time. Thoughts/suggestions?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
What part of the Jeep do you think silver matches to?

MerciiRubii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 OB Rubicon JL
What part of the Jeep do you think silver matches to?
I like the way the Sahara grille looks with silver, and the red decals and emblems on the Ocean blue don't work for my preferences. The silver and dark gray I go back and forth about, but I think the silver adds a little luxury and still while keeping the rugged look that I prefer.

Rubi Grille Inserts & Bumper.JPG
Rubi

Sahara Grille Inserts and Bumper.JPG
Sahara

ClayMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX, BMW 328i Convertible
I like the way the Sahara grille looks with silver, and the red decals and emblems on the Ocean blue don't work for my preferences. The silver and dark gray I go back and forth about, but I think the silver adds a little luxury and still while keeping the rugged look that I prefer.

Rubi Grille Inserts & Bumper.JPG
Rubi

Sahara Grille Inserts and Bumper.JPG
Sahara
My recommendation: wait till you get your Jeep. Walk around it and then make a decision. These are easy things to do
Sponsored