OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club

brbutler

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 6-speed, 2016 VW GTI 6-speed, 1984 Porsche 928S 5-speed
I noticed the link to the mat is for a Jeep without a subwoofer (which I see you have). Did you trim yours when you got it? Thanks!
No trimming. The one I bought specified JL Unlimited with Subwoofer. For some reason the link I posted, and the link in my order history now points to different mats. Here is an image of the description of what I ordered.

Jeep Wrangler JL OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club Cargo Mat.PNG
Sponsored

Farrish1237

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB JLU
Installed new front grill, S&B cold air intake, Borla ATAK exhaust, and Redline hood struts (great mod to get rid of the 70/80's hood prop rod...lol)

jeep.jpeg

Tellurian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

TMoats

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 OB Rubicon, 98 Cherokee XJ, 93 Wrangler YJ
Finally done with the first set of upgrades to my jeep! New front bumper, Warn winch, rear bumper, rock sliders, rear license plate relocation with lights, and a vertically challenged antenna. What started as 3-4 two hour projects (in my mind) turned into weeks of cut and fit, check and try again till it's right, projects.

The front bumper and winch have been on and off, and back on the jeep 6 or 7 times. Due to the size of the winch and feature that allows you to remove and relocate the control box, it didn't fit. It technically fit, but parts of it including the thick wires coming out of the back rubbed on my new grille and I wasn't having it. I ended up cutting and grinding the opening in the bumper to make it bigger and drilled multiple new mounting holes in different spots before I was happy with it's location. I left the factory mounting holes, but ended up filling all the new holes (I'd created) that weren't used with my welder. I wanted to made it look like it was meant to be that way. No one would ever see those extra holes, but I'd know they were there, so they had to go. Here is the new front look.

Jeep Wrangler JL OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club 20200510_164716_3

I'd ordered a cool Tuffy mount for the front license plate that allows the plate to be flipped up when you need to use the winch. Problem is, my Factor 55 Flatlink that connects to the winch line isn't flat. The the new license plate flip up mount couldn't be mounted. I cut some pieces of metal to extend the mounting points, and then finished with truck bed liner to make it work. Easy fix, this time.

Jeep Wrangler JL OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club 20200427_175910_2
Jeep Wrangler JL OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club 20200427_175936_2
Jeep Wrangler JL OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club 20200428_133954_2
Jeep Wrangler JL OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club 20200428_153714_2
Jeep Wrangler JL OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club 20200510_164826_2
Jeep Wrangler JL OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club 20200510_164839_2

Installing the rear bumper was much easier than the front, but not without a problem that had to be solved. The passenger side nut plate that the mounting bolts screw into didn't have the correct nuts welded to it. Neither the new bolts provided with the new bumper, or the stock bumper bolts would screw in without badly stripping the threads. At first I just thought they were tight due to the powder coating, but the bolts were definitely a different thread pitch. Rather than deal with the bumper company, I decided to fix myself. None of the Big-Box stores in the area had the metric bolts that were the right size, and the other places that would have them locally weren't open when I could get there due to COVID19 shorter hours. Ordered the correct nuts online and paid twice as much for shipping as the nuts themselves. When they arrived I cut the originals off the plate, ground off that nice powder coating, and then welded the new ones back on. After paint and some drying time I was able to install the rear bumper.

The Rock Hard 4x4 sliders went on pretty easy. Between the two sides only 3 pinch seem holes needed to be widened a bit, so everything lined up correctly. I prefer the rock sliders with the bar pointing up for better ground clearance and protection, but figured these would help some family members get in and out of the jeep, since they can be used as a step. I really didn't consider myself in that decision, but given I'm a tad on the vertically challenged side (like my new antenna) they'll come in handy in the future when the lift and bigger tires go on.

Jeep Wrangler JL OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club 20200510_164732_3
Jeep Wrangler JL OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club 20200510_164816_3

The last project was the wiring the lights for the new rear license plate relocation bracket and moving the third brake light from the stock location to the new LOD bracket. I decided to run new wire from the bumper up to the spare tire location and used disconnects on both ends for the license plate lights. I'm not scared of wiring, but something about cutting into a brand new jeep's wiring harness and having to take out the interior panels in the back to run the new wire made me a tad uncomfortable. In the end this was an easy project and I was able to do it in about an hour, give or take.

Jeep Wrangler JL OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club 20200504_215607_2
Jeep Wrangler JL OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club 20200505_191449_2
Jeep Wrangler JL OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club 20200508_190258_2
Jeep Wrangler JL OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club 20200508_190038_2
Jeep Wrangler JL OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club 20200508_193127_2
Jeep Wrangler JL OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club 20200508_194624_2
Jeep Wrangler JL OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club 20200508_201634_2
Jeep Wrangler JL OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club 20200508_204836_2
Jeep Wrangler JL OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club 20200508_211557_3

20200508_194242_2.jpg

Sponsored

6spdjeep

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU HA, 2020 JLU Sahara (Lemon), 2017 GC Hemi
The Saddle Brown looks amazing with the OB. Nice choice! That’s going to look so good with the top and doors off.

Where did you get the cargo mat? I can’t seem to find that one for the JLU.
I ordered a very similar build. Ocean blue on the saddle brown Sahara 6 spd. I didnt do the body color top or the 8.4 but I did add the advanced safety. Also like your other cars, seems like we have pretty similar taste.

Tellurian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered a very similar build. Ocean blue on the saddle brown Sahara 6 spd. I didnt do the body color top or the 8.4 but I did add the advanced safety. Also like your other cars, seems like we have pretty similar taste.
Always nice to find another Swede fan. Years ago, I had thought about trading in the C30 and getting an XC90 but the C30 was one of the last to have an MT and I just couldn’t let her go. Having an MT is one of the many things that attracted me to the Wrangler and it’s been pure bliss to drive (recall aside).

You’re going to love your Sahara.

6spdjeep

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU HA, 2020 JLU Sahara (Lemon), 2017 GC Hemi
Always nice to find another Swede fan. Years ago, I had thought about trading in the C30 and getting an XC90 but the C30 was one of the last to have an MT and I just couldn’t let her go. Having an MT is one of the many things that attracted me to the Wrangler and it’s been pure bliss to drive (recall aside).

You’re going to love your Sahara.
Really looking forward to it. Have had a 2016 and now 2019 XC90 and a V90. Going back to late 90s my family has been getting a new Volvo every 3 years, we have had so many of them. Was looking at ordering a XC60 instead of the Wrangler but already have the 90s.

Sponsored

pdwornik23

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
Decided to do something a little fun with the JL this week. Anyone in the Houston area interested in vinyl graphics, wraps, paint protection film, hit up Greg at Underground Graphics!

Jeep Wrangler JL OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club IMG_2498
i have looked all over for some retro decals just like this. i love it. now to convince my wife she likes it.