Sponsored

OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club

4x4DETOUR

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'85 CJ-7, 2018 JLUR - Ocean Blue (picked up 4/17/18!)
I got a rubi with the painted fenders and premium black soft top. Still in D as far as I know, ordered 2/13.
I'm with you. Rubi, painted fenders, fully loaded. But Premium Soft Top only, no hard top. Ordered 2/12, still in D.
Sponsored

RubiBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I'm with you. Rubi, painted fenders, fully loaded. But Premium Soft Top only, no hard top. Ordered 2/12, still in D.
I ordered 2/13 and am also still in D...anyone know if they pushed back the Ocean Blue production (read that somewhere on here)? I know a few have had them delivered but it seems like after a certain date nothing has moved at all...

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I ordered 2/13 and am also still in D...anyone know if they pushed back the Ocean Blue production (read that somewhere on here)? I know a few have had them delivered but it seems like after a certain date nothing has moved at all...
Same for the Punk'n Metallic Orange. I ordered 2/16 and still in D. Had scheduled build date of 3/26 and then that was pushed to 4/9. People have been hearing from dealers that Punk'n has been pushed back. I ordered soft top only as well.

So I am not sure if this is a color issue or a soft top issue.

RubiBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Same for the Punk'n Metallic Orange. I ordered 2/16 and still in D. Had scheduled build date of 3/26 and then that was pushed to 4/9. People have been hearing from dealers that Punk'n has been pushed back. I ordered soft top only as well.

So I am not sure if this is a color issue or a soft top issue.
What a bummer that you got pushed back again, hopefully it will get back on track soon! I don’t mind the wait if there’s some kind of an end in sight, it’s the not knowing what the delays are or any kind of a predictable timeline that’s kind of frustrating. I’m on a second order this time (first one was in December) so it’s even harder to be patient this time around but after seeing all the beautiful jeeps being delivered on here I know it will be worth it when it’s finished! (Hopefully sooner rather than later! Good Luck!:fingerscrossed:)

RisingEagle

First Name
Armond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4DR Ocean Blue Rubicon
yup I ordered 2/3 (I think) and have been stuck in D/D1. Had my hopes up when I saw OBlue Jeeps moving through, but it seems like they ran out of paint (kidding).
my order shouldn't have tripped many flares - OBlue JLUR, black hard top, cloth interior, black fenders. pretty basic build.

it'll show up eventually, but would be nice to know if the delay is long or short.

fwiw, went through the same thing with my Ram3500 order 4 years ago - good to see things haven't changed at FCA ;)

but - I will also say there are some really helpful people on this board that I didn't have on the Ram forums - @JAY, @JLWFGuy, couple others - really putitng in extra effort to help those few who are interested in the nitnoids of their build process. major props to them, and many thanks

Sponsored

4x4DETOUR

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'85 CJ-7, 2018 JLUR - Ocean Blue (picked up 4/17/18!)
Paint shortage and a soft top shortage.......I don't know if I can handle that!

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Paint shortage and a soft top shortage.......I don't know if I can handle that!
I am doubting it is a paint shortage. In all reality these bright colors we love are not the most popular overall. I am wondering if they have not received a certain amount of orders for these colors to make it productive pushing them down the line. Once they reach a certain amount then they will run them through one after the other.

This is a theory mind you. I have no clue how these things run on the assembly line when it comes to paint. I assume they all go through the same paint booth but I doubt they paint different colors in between models being built on the line.

55WillysWagon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 Willys Wagon, 2019 Jeep Wrangler OB JLUR
I know the weather may not be ideal for this but I can't wait to see a photo of a Ocean Blue JLUR with all the hard and soft top gear off. There's a couple photos of a firecracker red in another thread that was pretty cool. Kind of a striptease as it the top and doors were taken off. Nice photos. I think the blue sport bar will look great in the sun.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I am doubting it is a paint shortage. In all reality these bright colors we love are not the most popular overall. I am wondering if they have not received a certain amount of orders for these colors to make it productive pushing them down the line. Once they reach a certain amount then they will run them through one after the other.

This is a theory mind you. I have no clue how these things run on the assembly line when it comes to paint. I assume they all go through the same paint booth but I doubt they paint different colors in between models being built on the line.
Actually they can paint a different color on every jeep in a line. They don't do a run of a particular color. The scheduling algorithms mostly optimize based on availability of parts.

BluegrassGal

Ordered Ocean Blue on 2/1. Was told by both Jeep Chat and my Dealer today my build had moved to D1. Rubicon, 6 Speed, Black Hardtop, LED,CW Pkg, Safety, Leather, Tow. Darryl at Jeep Chat said can only move forward from D1. I’ Skeptical.

Sponsored

Bluebicon

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GMC Sierra All Terrain
Mine has been in D1 for the past 18 days.
It does suck.

DavidsRubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue Metallic JLU Rubicon
JLU Rubicon Ocean Blue with soft top and NON-body matched fender flares. Only option I wanted was the HD electrical / Auxiliary switches

Ordered at the dealership: late Saturday afternoon 03/03
Order went through: 03/05
D status: 03/06
D1 status: 03/12

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
JLU Rubicon Ocean Blue with soft top and NON-body matched fender flares. Only option I wanted was the HD electrical / Auxiliary switches

Ordered at the dealership: late Saturday afternoon 03/03
Order went through: 03/05
D status: 03/06
D1 status: 03/12
Ugh, ordered 9:30 A.M. (est) on 3/3. Still in C and don’t even have a VIN yet!

Goblue

First Name
Darran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU/OB
Occupation
FF/PM
Ugh, ordered 9:30 A.M. (est) on 3/3. Still in C and don’t even have a VIN yet!
same here.. theres a von# but thats about it..had Tyson Motors send it to me today