Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram ED
Occupation
Most Everything
Ours is finally here. Ordered the first on 3-24-18. It wouldn't pass quality inspection so another was ordered. Going to test drive it now to make sure there is nothing wrong with it and do the financing. They still have to prep is so Monday is the official day we will pick it up.
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Ours is finally here. Ordered the first on 3-24-18. It wouldn't pass quality inspection so another was ordered. Going to test drive it now to make sure there is nothing wrong with it and do the financing. They still have to prep is so Monday is the official day we will pick it up.
Congratulations! Best of luck with the receipt inspection.

GordonZoo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram ED
Occupation
Most Everything
20180630_133707.jpg
It looked great and was the first time we saw the color in person. We took it on the highway to 70 mph. I understand what others are complaining about with the steering but there was no dead spot and as long as you pointed it straight it tracked fine. I will lower the tire pressure a bit and this should help. Station Jeep had replaced their management but honored the deal we negotiated months back. Our first jeep that was ordered 3 months back sold in hours on hitting the lot. Now I will have to install the new slider/steps later next week and put in a cap lift in the garage to make it easy to go topless.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
I'm about to take the jeep on a 2600 mile road trip, and the steering issues are what have me the most concerned. Not for me so much, but if my wife has to drive I can imagine she is going to hate how much it drifts. I agree with you, I don't feel any sort of lag in steering input, it just seems like adjustment is required way more often than on my old JK.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
I'm about to take the jeep on a 2600 mile road trip, and the steering issues are what have me the most concerned. Not for me so much, but if my wife has to drive I can imagine she is going to hate how much it drifts. I agree with you, I don't feel any sort of lag in steering input, it just seems like adjustment is required way more often than on my old JK.
I don't know if this helps or detracts from the steering discussion, but I test drove a 2dr Rubi on Thursday and didn't find any steering issues. I was also surprised at how well it felt in comparison to my 4dr. Anyhoo, just my .02. (p.s. it was white)

Sponsored

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
20180630_133707.jpg
It looked great and was the first time we saw the color in person. We took it on the highway to 70 mph. I understand what others are complaining about with the steering but there was no dead spot and as long as you pointed it straight it tracked fine. I will lower the tire pressure a bit and this should help. Station Jeep had replaced their management but honored the deal we negotiated months back. Our first jeep that was ordered 3 months back sold in hours on hitting the lot. Now I will have to install the new slider/steps later next week and put in a cap lift in the garage to make it easy to go topless.
I bought from Station too. I’m hoping to get it this week, as it’s been sitting in the railyard in East Brookfield MA for 6 days. I can’t wait!

I see you got the white letter tires. I did too. How did they align the letters on the spare tire? Any chance you can post a pic?

GordonZoo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram ED
Occupation
Most Everything
I pick it up tomorrow after work. Will post again tomorrow evening. I actually didn't order the white outline tires but I do like them :)

GordonZoo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram ED
Occupation
Most Everything
BTW, I was at the dealership for a while waiting to do the paperwork and I was able to talk a bit with my dealer Kevin. We came close to getting a Mojito and I asked if one had come thru the dealership and he said no. Yours may be the first. He did say a Yellow came in but I'm skeptical. I somewhat believe mine was in for a few days before they called. I noticed my windshield had dirt marks from the wipers and the last storm came thru Thursday. It was supposedly already prepped so it must have happened then. I will keep a lookout for yours when I'm there tomorrow.

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BTW, I was at the dealership for a while waiting to do the paperwork and I was able to talk a bit with my dealer Kevin. We came close to getting a Mojito and I asked if one had come thru the dealership and he said no. Yours may be the first. He did say a Yellow came in but I'm skeptical. I somewhat believe mine was in for a few days before they called. I noticed my windshield had dirt marks from the wipers and the last storm came thru Thursday. It was supposedly already prepped so it must have happened then. I will keep a lookout for yours when I'm there tomorrow.
Thanks! Good luck tomorrow.

Lizzy154

First Name
Liz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL wrangler unlimited
New Wrangler owner myself - I was so conflicted between Ocean Blue and the grey family, but finally decided I went with Sahara but I love the black trim on the Sport with the blue. So many choices!

861E4BD6-BDFC-4C21-9623-E11FA71AB712.jpeg

Sponsored

JeepFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport 2-door
Im definitely interested to see how this color plays in direct sunlight
I still haven't seen an Ocean Blue Metallic Wrangler in person, but the other day I saw a new Chrysler Pacifica in that color - WOW stunning!

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
I still haven't seen an Ocean Blue Metallic Wrangler in person, but the other day I saw a new Chrysler Pacifica in that color - WOW stunning!
Yeah that’s my gripe about OB. It looks amazing when the sun hits it right but on a cloudy day it just looks like dark navy blue. If it looked the way it does in the sun all the time it would be a first choice for sure.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Yeah that’s my gripe about OB. It looks amazing when the sun hits it right but on a cloudy day it just looks like dark navy blue. If it looked the way it does in the sun all the time it would be a first choice for sure.
I love that aspect of it, its chameleon blue lol. In some lights it's almost purple. I was driving onto the navy base here and the guard asked me where I got it painted because that's not a stock color. My only complaint about the color is that I have to clean it more often to be able to show it off.

GordonZoo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram ED
Occupation
Most Everything
It's officially mine, or at least ours :)
Here is a pic of the tire orientation. I don't think thought was given to the BF Goodrich orientation. I plan to put a tire cover on it in the near future anyways. I didn't see any Mojito colors on the lot.
20180702_172843.jpg
20180702_172858.jpg

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's officially mine, or at least ours :)
Here is a pic of the tire orientation. I don't think thought was given to the BF Goodrich orientation. I plan to put a tire cover on it in the near future anyways. I didn't see any Mojito colors on the lot.
20180702_172843.jpg
20180702_172858.jpg
It’s gorgeous! Congratulations!
Sponsored