Frankie Drums

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
Still just painful. Along with the looming end of lease June 7th.
My lease expired Friday and fortunately me dealer gave me a loaner to tide me over. This took weeks to set up--I got out in front of the problem in mid-April when I sensed there could be a major delay, and I had multiple conversations with the dealer in person and on the phone, as well as dozens of conversations with the Jeep 888 numbers. But, sure enough, they were able to secure me a 2017 JK with 450 miles on it to tide me over, free of charge.
Sponsored

ssureshb

First Name
SURESH BABU
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Almost a month in Shipping status and no known ETA - there was originally for the fist few days and went to no ETA.

I would rather see the jeep in the factory in build status than ready to ship and weathering the storm and sun.

This is what I got from my escalation to the next level. No big difference from others but just wondering if that jeep did catch fire then what would be my option :).

2018 JEEP WRANGLER UNLIMITED SAHARA VIN:YYY CASE #: YYYY Dear Suresh: Congratulations! We are excited you have chosen the 2018 All-New Jeep Wrangler and want to welcome you to the Jeep Family. We understand there is some speculation regarding the timing of delivery for your new Wrangler JL and I am here to assist you. Please know that Wrangler JL production is still in a launch phase and timing will vary depending on your unique, specific configuration. Our resources indicate your vehicle has been released by the plant and is currently in the shipping stages. Due to the high volume of all-new Wrangler models in the shipping stage, the suppliers that transport our vehicles are backlogged and working as quickly as they can to get these vehicles delivered to the dealership. I will continue to track the status of your 2018 Jeep Wrangler order & will provide any updates as they become available. The All-New Wrangler is an epic evolution, where design and technology take a giant leap forward. This Wrangler surges ahead, bringing with it the spirit of freedom and a passion for adventure. We appreciate your patience as we launch this exciting new product. Sincerely, YYYY

Frankie Drums

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
Almost a month in Shipping status and no known ETA - there was originally for the fist few days and went to no ETA.

I would rather see the jeep in the factory in build status than ready to ship and weathering the storm and sun.

This is what I got from my escalation to the next level. No big difference from others but just wondering if that jeep did catch fire then what would be my option :).

2018 JEEP WRANGLER UNLIMITED SAHARA VIN:YYY CASE #: YYYY Dear Suresh: Congratulations! We are excited you have chosen the 2018 All-New Jeep Wrangler and want to welcome you to the Jeep Family. We understand there is some speculation regarding the timing of delivery for your new Wrangler JL and I am here to assist you. Please know that Wrangler JL production is still in a launch phase and timing will vary depending on your unique, specific configuration. Our resources indicate your vehicle has been released by the plant and is currently in the shipping stages. Due to the high volume of all-new Wrangler models in the shipping stage, the suppliers that transport our vehicles are backlogged and working as quickly as they can to get these vehicles delivered to the dealership. I will continue to track the status of your 2018 Jeep Wrangler order & will provide any updates as they become available. The All-New Wrangler is an epic evolution, where design and technology take a giant leap forward. This Wrangler surges ahead, bringing with it the spirit of freedom and a passion for adventure. We appreciate your patience as we launch this exciting new product. Sincerely, YYYY
That's the same form letter we all get. Now you need to call back and complain that they haven't truly "escalated" it, and you want it to be escalated to the Brand Mentor (I think that's who they said they escalated it to, I was driving when they said it and wrote it down in my notes when my hands were free, about 20 minutes after the call ended). I got a new case # and now I've been told the Jeep should be at the dealer this Friday. I also had the manager of my Jeep dealer pulling from his end, as he notified his AM (Area Manager) and she told her boss the RCM. I was polite but aggressive and that seemed to move things along.

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
I am so sorry! The process is terrible! I have purchased a Mercedes and 3 Acuras and never been through the annoyance of ordering a vehicle and waiting. This will be our first Jeep, so maybe this is normal for a Jeep. But, for me, I will not be doing this again—no matter how much I may love the Jeep product. I sincerely hope that whatever vehicle you choose going forward is a great one and the process is much more reasonable.
I ordered both a 4runner (new model run) and Mercedes (2nd yr)...no problems with either vehicle, 3 months to my door...from Japan & Germany.

I read about what Ford had to do to deal with a recent fire halting their F150 production...and Jeep can’t figure out how to drive from Toledo to NC in less than a month. Oh well, I’m sure most JLs will be solid and fun. Good luck!

jasceni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Ocean Blue
Only 2 door in transit within 150 miles of Boston, dealer confirmation of a next Saturday delivery (hopefully) and it's all mine

Sponsored

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered both a 4runner (new model run) and Mercedes (2nd yr)...no problems with either vehicle, 3 months to my door...from Japan & Germany.

I read about what Ford had to do to deal with a recent fire halting their F150 production...and Jeep can’t figure out how to drive from Toledo to NC in less than a month. Oh well, I’m sure most JLs will be solid and fun. Good luck!
I get you 100% it is totally stupid. I know Jeep knew they were going to sell a lot of the JL's but I do not think they knew just how many. As soon as they ran into supplies shortages everything blew up. They had tens of thousands of JL's all over the country in lots waiting to get shipped out. Heck even my JLUR was still in the storage lot a week after I bought it and drove it home according to Jeep. SMH.

Only 2 door in transit within 150 miles of Boston, dealer confirmation of a next Saturday delivery (hopefully) and it's all mine
I NEED to see picture of this! I was wanting a JLR Ocean Blue, but 3 people, 70 lb dog and stuff = JLUR. I am happy but there is something about a two door.

jasceni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Ocean Blue
I get you 100% it is totally stupid. I know Jeep knew they were going to sell a lot of the JL's but I do not think they knew just how many. As soon as they ran into supplies shortages everything blew up. They had tens of thousands of JL's all over the country in lots waiting to get shipped out. Heck even my JLUR was still in the storage lot a week after I bought it and drove it home according to Jeep. SMH.

I NEED to see picture of this! I was wanting a JLR Ocean Blue, but 3 people, 70 lb dog and stuff = JLUR. I am happy but there is something about a two door.

Check out the 2 door thread, someone just took delivery of one yesterday

ssureshb

First Name
SURESH BABU
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
That's the same form letter we all get. Now you need to call back and complain that they haven't truly "escalated" it, and you want it to be escalated to the Brand Mentor (I think that's who they said they escalated it to, I was driving when they said it and wrote it down in my notes when my hands were free, about 20 minutes after the call ended). I got a new case # and now I've been told the Jeep should be at the dealer this Friday. I also had the manager of my Jeep dealer pulling from his end, as he notified his AM (Area Manager) and she told her boss the RCM. I was polite but aggressive and that seemed to move things along.
Will do, Frankie. Thanks for the advice. It is really testing our patience...

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
Sorry to hear man. The roll out has been a total quagmire, which is sad because the Jeep is amazing and there are a ton of people who are doing exactly what you are doing. I ordered mine 2 weeks before you and just got it 2 weeks ago. It is BS that Jeep is unwilling to help you out. They did take care of me and I ended up getting a few concessions (nothing huge but about $800 value which I was happy with based on the price I paid for the JLUR already).
JeepCares messaged me today and said it was loaded on the truck 2 days ago, and salesperson informed me today that Chrysler told owner by EoD Friday. Great timing...

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
JeepCares messaged me today and said it was loaded on the truck 2 days ago, and salesperson informed me today that Chrysler told owner by EoD Friday. Great timing...
So it sounds like you are still going to get it? I hope so. You will love it!

Sponsored

AdamH

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4Xe
If my wife’s ever comes in there’ll be two driving around here! We went through Gastonia Jeep. We were told 6-8 weeks. We are at 7 weeks tomorrow and have been in “I” status since 5/7

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
So it sounds like you are still going to get it? I hope so. You will love it!
I feel like, with my luck, it will get here and have:
- bad welds,
- broken wheel well & fender clips,
- wind buffeting at speed,
- steering locked up,
- paint scuffs, etc.

We’ll see

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
If my wife’s ever comes in there’ll be two driving around here! We went through Gastonia Jeep. We were told 6-8 weeks. We are at 7 weeks tomorrow and have been in “I” status since 5/7
I’ve only seen two driving around Charlotte...scarce so far

chadc880

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Mine has been in KZ-S for 13 days now. No one know anything. Same thing as NCSUSTATS, The dealer called his rep and the rep called corporate. And they know nothing. They just got a Hellcat delivered and it experienced the same no information process once it left the plant. And poof one day it showed up. So we will see.

Dolfin14

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Im also ordering fuel assault wheels with ko2 tires but my question is how is your experience with it? I was thinking of 20x10 but that would make tires thiner. I want to have a good ride and dont want to feel the road especially on bumpy roads.
I am very happy with my tires. Not bumpy at all. Not noisy at some either
Sponsored