k.daddy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Cherokee SRT, 2019 Wrangler Moab
Hi,

I’m about to order a new Jeep and have gone to 3 dealerships to try and see Ocean Blue in person. Nobody has one on the lot...the pictures never do anything justice. Any feedback about the color is much appreciated.

I love the Metallic Grey but already have a grey and silver car in the driveway was thinking of switching it up.

Thanks
Eric
Sponsored

Robieman

First Name
Robie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150; Sharron's 2020Grand Cherokee
I don't have mine yet, but it is on order. Looked at several on the lo,t and the wife and I both agreed that the ocean blue was the one to get. Best description I could give is it's a full, somewhat dark blue, that almost shows some purple if the light hits it right. I have noticed a few pics on the forum, that show it like it is, or at least as how I remember. Sorry I cant say which at this point, but would advise you to look at the ocean blue color thread. There are some very good pics showing off the color rather well.

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JLU
Actually the photos do it a lot of justice. If you like what you see in the photos you will love the color in person.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
In bright sunlight, it's like a royal blue with lots of metallic flake. In cloudy weather it looks purple. It's a nice color for sure, but I personally wish it was ever so slightly more blue and less purple.

bmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yamaha Super Tenere, Aprilia Tuono, BMW S1000XR
Great color and a really nice blue. The only other one worth considering is Mojito. Boring colors should be reserved for boring cars.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
It is a beautiful bright metallic blue in the sunlight and a deep truly ocean color blue in shade. It's fantastic. Check out the OB thread in the show and tell section, the range of blues you see there are all fairly representative of how much the color changes.

johnnymiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it is a fantastic blue. as others have said, the color actually varies quite a bit depending on the light
here'smine.. just got the bumper on but havent had time to spool the rope or put the d-ring shackles on it

15442.jpeg

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
The pictures are actually really accurate. It changes completely depending on light.

It’s a great color. My only issue with it is I LOVE the way it looks in bright sunlight but under any other condition it just looks like dark blue which I’m not a fan of. If you like dark blue though you’re good to go.

And yes it shows a lot of purple. Which I actually think is cool.

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
Same Jeep in different light. I w
IMG_20180517_061549457_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180504_145055278_HDR.jpg
as between the Mojito and the Ocean Blue. I am glad I got the Ocean Blue. It is amazing.

Sponsored

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
I would do what you can to look at one in person. Pictures are tough. Even one that is "accurate" on one's screen may not be on yours. I would suggest searching dealer inventory and calling ahead rather than showing up and finding out they have none (waste of time). And I know that Chrysler sells the Pacifica and 300 in the same color (so you can search stock for those vehicles too). I personally love the look of it. However, as with most darker colors, it is difficult to keep clean. I imagine it will be more so when winter hits.

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
I love my Hydro blue JK, and refused to purchase a JL until I saw a 2 door Ocean blue in person.

Unfortunately for me I did not like it as much in person. The purple was very pronounced and ultimately I went with Granite Crystal which was my second pick. I fully believe it’s a color you have to see for yourself in order to decide.

johnnymiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes, there is a lot of purple to the color in the shade...and it looks flat.
the purple dissipates a bit when the metalic hits the sun and it pops

Farmdawg

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
It’s pretty and I always get lots of looks and compliments on mine. The Rubicon Red lettering is not as bad as I thought it would be with the Ocean Blue. Go for it!

4ED5F3A3-8B09-4E0C-9623-29183B764DA4.jpeg

elcue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara/Wrangler
It’s really nice. I saw one getting picked up when I was there for a test drive. I still opted for white but the blue was very nice.
Sponsored