Sponsored

Ocean Blue and Punk'n Ordering is now Open!

SKT

First Name
SKT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Is that punkin or ocean-blue? Maybe it's the lighting.

Definitely the lighting - my bad. I thought it looked like the punkā€™n, but it is just a red JLUR.

Last edited:

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I'm so upset. I was really hoping that it was just a mistake and they'd let us get black cloth seats with punk'n. No way in heck I'm doing it with soft top in South Florida. I must have cloth interior. Now I may actually wait until 2019 to see what colors I can get. Arrrgghhhhh!

CantThinkOfAHandle

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 RAV4, 2015 BMW Diesel Sports Wagon
If tan leather is indeed the only option, and if the configurator is working properly, why does it show the black seat options at all? And why does it list black cloth as standard? Perhaps tan leather is the only available seating option at this time, for whatever reason, but that will change. It's a completely pointless restriction, after all.

Sponsored

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Right, sorry. I'm talking about a rubicon. That is the only trim I'm considering.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Right, sorry. I'm talking about a rubicon. That is the only trim I'm considering.
I wouldn't be surprised if everyone here is talking about the Rubicon trim specifically, but then again, I wouldn't be surprised if some thought it applied to all trims. I'm not sure I saw anyone here specifically mention that the tan leather thing only applies to the the Rubicon trim.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Yes. I expected the configurator to be incorrect, because I didnā€™t believe Jeep would so stupid as to not allow black interior on ANY color exterior.

No one knew what the deal would be for the last two months as you suggest. I was the one to break the news as I tried building one nearly immediately after the order banks were open. Most assumed as I did that the configurator was wrong.
Except that @JAY and other insiders have been saying it is the case for months. Jumping up and down about it doesnā€™t change that fact. Will it get changed in the future? Hope so.

Abbey

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 TJ
There have been a few comments about not wanting tan soft tops. Is this simply a preference against the tan color, or is there some other downside I am missing? I am considering a tan for the soft top if I get the dual top group (with Punk'n).

I understand wanting darker seats for stains, etc.

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
The Jeep.com Build Your Own allows Ocean Blue and a matching hardtop. So it seems to be just a matter of time before you can order this combo.

For me, I am waiting for the Turbo Engine and Power Top before placing my order. I heard the turbo engine will be available within weeks. Iā€™ve heard NOTHING about timing on powertop. Anyone have any information on this? Canā€™t wait.
A sales manager Iā€™m dealing with said donā€™t expect to see the power top before fall according to his brother who was a sales guy and now works for Jeep.

Sponsored

CCathcart

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Q7, spyder
Has anyone heard any news on the availability of the matching ocean blue top? Local dealer had to do some crazy things to even get the ocean blue setup maxed out w/ options and colors. Still canā€™t do the matching top. You guys are awesome on here by the way!!

Bickmt

First Name
Bick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2006 LX470, 1979 MG Midget, 2017 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
semi-retired
Thank you so much. My dealer in Whitefish, Montana just placed my order. Yea! Just don't call me punkin.
Don K in Whitefish is a great dealer in a great part of the world...

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I heard that the power top may not see dealerships until the Fall. So I may be hoping that they carry over the ocean blue and I might just order a 2019 JLUR. Hopefully some kinks and/or feedback may be discovered and fixed for the next model year (such as the red dash). Iā€™m actually really really starting to hope Ocean Blue is available in the ā€˜19s.

Templeton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR Sport; Lexus GX
I heard that the power top may not see dealerships until the Fall. So I may be hoping that they carry over the ocean blue and I might just order a 2019 JLUR. Hopefully some kinks and/or feedback may be discovered and fixed for the next model year (such as the red dash). Iā€™m actually really really starting to hope Ocean Blue is available in the ā€˜19s.
I'm hearing the Power Top will be available for ordering soon - in days, not weeks. The special orders will have priority over dealer allocations - Power Top will be arriving from special orders in March!!!!

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm hearing the Power Top will be available for ordering soon - in days, not weeks. The special orders will have priority over dealer allocations - Power Top will be arriving from special orders in March!!!!
I hope your source is more accurate than mine then lmao!
Sponsored