Occasional flashing brake and ABS light after 35" tires

1fastss

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I replaced my factory wheels/tires with 35". I have experienced the brake and ABS light flashing while sitting at a stoplight a few times. When the light is flashing the brake pedal becomes somewhat stiff. Anyone have similar issues after replacing wheels and tires?
Sponsored

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
I replaced my factory wheels/tires with 35". I have experienced the brake and ABS light flashing while sitting at a stoplight a few times. When the light is flashing the brake pedal becomes somewhat stiff. Anyone have similar issues after replacing wheels and tires?
Sorry to hear about your issue with the lights. So far I have no problems after going to 35 inch tires. I have about 7k on the cooper mt and love them. Wish I could help you.

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
Did you use anything to adjust tire size at all?
The only thing I did was to recalibrate the speedometer. I replaced the stock suspension with the GC 3.5 but that has nothing to do with tire size. I wish you luck.

gm920

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR Billet Silver
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Retired)
Do you have a Tazer JL installed?

Sponsored

gm920

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes, I have the Tazer installed
Yes, I have the Tazer installed
That's the brake hold feature of the Tazer, you are using more brake pedal pressure than necessary to keep the Jeep stopped. That's what activates "Brake Hold", releases as soon as you touch the accelerator, or I believe after 2 minuets. Lights are flashing to let you know it's on. Very nice feature I like it.

Robellion

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Yes- brake hold. This issue was discussed a few weeks ago. When installing the Tazer, it is programmed out of the box to have the brake hold feature ON. This is a mistake I'm sure that ZAuto will fix in the next firmware version- but it has caused a lot of confusion and troubleshooting to figure out the culprit of the lights flashing. Zauto...you out there? Anyway, just turn that feature off and do the reboot thing.

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Yes- brake hold. This issue was discussed a few weeks ago. When installing the Tazer, it is programmed out of the box to have the brake hold feature ON. This is a mistake I'm sure that ZAuto will fix in the next firmware version- but it has caused a lot of confusion and troubleshooting to figure out the culprit of the lights flashing. Zauto...you out there? Anyway, just turn that feature off and do the reboot thing.
I believe its a "live feature" so you can turn it on and off as needed/wanted.

Sponsored

OP
OP
1fastss

1fastss

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the input.

gm920

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Why is it a mistake? If you read the instructions there should be no surprises. I find it to be a very useful feature and those that don't like it can turn it off. I have never had brake hold activate when stopping unless I make a conscious effort to apply extra pressure to the brake pedal.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I dont even understand what this feature does. Anyone cares to explain?

on another side note, my tazer JL does weird stuff sometimes. Since 2 days ago it flipped my tpms sensors showing the left front tire as the right rear tire. very annoying. Last month I turned off my Jeep while on 4lo and on the freeway while on 2wd it would keep turning traction control off.

Robellion

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Why is it a mistake? If you read the instructions there should be no surprises. I find it to be a very useful feature and those that don't like it can turn it off. I have never had brake hold activate when stopping unless I make a conscious effort to apply extra pressure to the brake pedal.
A feature involving the brakes that is not a standard factory equipped one, then unexpectedly show up after the Zauto is installed could be perceived as a mistake on the programming end. I'm not saying it's not useful- it just should be programmed in the off mode out of the box, making the user turn it on. Thus ensuring that the user knows the feature and giving them the power to turn it on. Most people had to dig to even find out why it was happening.

gm920

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
A feature involving the brakes that is not a standard factory equipped one, then unexpectedly show up after the Zauto is installed could be perceived as a mistake on the programming end. I'm not saying it's not useful- it just should be programmed in the off mode out of the box, making the user turn it on. Thus ensuring that the user knows the feature and giving them the power to turn it on. Most people had to dig to even find out why it was happening.
I understand your point, but don't agree. I realize that some people buy the Tazer only to change tire size or gear ratios and turn off the ESS. The Brake Hold along with all the other features are clearly described in the instructions, so again there should be no surprises or digging to find out what's happening. You have to step through all the menu items during installation, would it not makes sense to look and see how they are set?
Sponsored