Ocala Hardrock offroad park

eeescarlito

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Really got the itch to test out my JL. Thinking of heading to Hardrock off-road park in central Florida but don’t want to head alone the first time.

I know it’s short notice but wanted to head out there this Sunday if anyone is interested. I would be riding out from Orlando. Cheers
Sponsored

Last Mango

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Really got the itch to test out my JL. Thinking of heading to Hardrock off-road park in central Florida but don’t want to head alone the first time.

I know it’s short notice but wanted to head out there this Sunday if anyone is interested. I would be riding out from Orlando. Cheers
I want to go there as well, but Sunday is a designated boating beer drinking day. Have fun, and report your findings back here. Cheers, James

OP
OP
eeescarlito

eeescarlito

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I want to go there as well, but Sunday is a designated boating beer drinking day. Have fun, and report your findings back here. Cheers, James
We can always set up a trip for another day, I’m off weekends and always up to get my Jeep muddy lol

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
I might like to check out Ocala sometime in the next few months. Might be up for meeting up. Any tips on what I would need for Ocala (winch/recovery/etc) for a stock Rubicon? I'm guessing its pretty tame overall, and also might have a 14 month old in a car seat.

Last Mango

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I might like to check out Ocala sometime in the next few months. Might be up for meeting up. Any tips on what I would need for Ocala (winch/recovery/etc) for a stock Rubicon? I'm guessing its pretty tame overall, and also might have a 14 month old in a car seat.
Apologize for the tardy response, I don't get on here often.

Ocala is pretty, but mostly sandy trails and very few challenging obstacles. Not many areas with articulation. Either pine forests, or Oaks/thick brush. Some trails (Not in pine forests, but rather in oak/brush areas) get really tight, and can pinstripe your jeep. If you start down a trail that seems to get tight, it won't likely open up. Go for it, scratches be damned, or back out. Most areas are dry (Especially with the lack of recent rain).

There are thousands of miles of trail/forest road to explore. With a license plated vehicle, you can drive on any numbered forest road, or any OHV (ATV/Dirt Bike) trail, unless that trail is excluded. There are a few OHV Trails which are excluded. You probably don't want to drive your jeep on the excluded trails anyway. The motorcycle trail is so narrow I cannot begin to get my ATV Through there, let alone a jeep.

This time of year it's hot, so maybe find a swimming spot to cool off?
A free spot in the middle of the woods is Blue Sink OHV. Water is clear. No signs, so finding it might be a little challenging. There is a path in from the SE that is wide open. If the GPS tries to bring you in from the North, or NW, it might not bring you in a way that really tight, and some that is not navigable. Google maps was terrible. Approach from the SE and a GPS might be a better route.

There are other, bigger, more accessible springs that charge access fees like Salt Springs, Juniper Springs, Alexander Springs.

Hope this helps. If you have any specific questions, feel free to email me. [email protected]

Cheers,
James

Sponsored

Last Mango

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocala is a good spot to take a 14 month old. Scenic drive through the woods, mostly shaded, maybe see some wildlife, some sugar sand, a muddy spot or two, have a picnic lunch at a spring.

I don't know where you live, but Ocala is huge. We live in Windermere, so can be in the southern end in an hour, but it takes almost 2 hours to get to Lake Delancey Campground in the northern end where we normally ATV etc. I'm more familiar with the northern end, but if just doing a day trip we have been exploring the Southern end.

Not likely you'll need recovery gear, but I always have it with me because you never know ...

If you pick a date you want to go, hit me up, and if we don't have plans, we'll go. My wife and girls (10 & 13) enjoy it, but also have lots of other activities like boating that keep us busy.

Cheers,
James

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
Ocala is a good spot to take a 14 month old. Scenic drive through the woods, mostly shaded, maybe see some wildlife, some sugar sand, a muddy spot or two, have a picnic lunch at a spring.

I don't know where you live, but Ocala is huge. We live in Windermere, so can be in the southern end in an hour, but it takes almost 2 hours to get to Lake Delancey Campground in the northern end where we normally ATV etc. I'm more familiar with the northern end, but if just doing a day trip we have been exploring the Southern end.

Not likely you'll need recovery gear, but I always have it with me because you never know ...

If you pick a date you want to go, hit me up, and if we don't have plans, we'll go. My wife and girls (10 & 13) enjoy it, but also have lots of other activities like boating that keep us busy.

Cheers,
James

Thanks for all the advice. I live in the Tampa bay area but would come up to my parents house in the Villages for the weekend if I were to do this. As for recovery, I wouldn't imagine I would need it but would love to have it, I just hate dropping $1K on a bumper/winch combo if I don't really need it. And yes, I'll ping you before I do this as it would be nice to have someone who knows the area along :)

JLBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL-Sport
Occupation
GWOT Life

I'm just waiting to upgrade my wheels and then I'm down...Sunday's are best.
Sponsored