Sponsored

Obsessed with red... 100s of red accessories, red parts, red upgrades, red mods & more!

zingat

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Jeepster !
Vehicle Showcase

zingat

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeepster !
Vehicle Showcase
Those look good! Have you noticed any difference driving? I had a buddy put caliper covers on his truck and they threw off the balance(somehow).
None. Drives normal just like before.

A minor issue discovered during the install, the front caliper covers were going to rub against the factory balanced front wheel weights. I had to get the front wheels rebalanced at American Tire with the weights readjusted to prevent it from rubbing against the calipers.

TylerU

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU
None. Drives normal just like before.

A minor issue discovered during the install, the front caliper covers were going to rub against the factory balanced front wheel weights. I had to get the front wheels rebalanced at American Tire with the weights readjusted to prevent it from rubbing against the calipers.
Good to know, thanks!

Sponsored

zingat

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeepster !
Vehicle Showcase
They do look great....but $270 seems steep. Just me? Painting them isn’t difficult and can be done for $30.
For sure you will save money ... I though about the same, but then I absolutely wanted the official 'Jeep' logo on the calipers. Don't think you want to paint that, unless you have great stenciling and painting skills.

The labor and effort required to remove wheels, clean calipers, paint, dry, etc ... justifies the $250.

BTW ... I paid $210 using a 20% off coupon (available back then) and then $40 for install at the local American Tire ... would have been $20 only but then needed to rebalance front wheels, to reposition the wheel weights such that it won't interfere with the caliper covers.

Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
For sure you will save money ... I though about the same, but then I absolutely wanted the official 'Jeep' logo on the calipers. Don't think you want to paint that, unless you have great stenciling and painting skills.

The labor and effort required to remove wheels, clean calipers, paint, dry, etc ... justifies the $250.

BTW ... I paid $210 using a 20% off coupon (available back then) and then $40 for install at the local American Tire ... would have been $20 only but then needed to rebalance front wheels, to reposition the wheel weights such that it won't interfere with the caliper covers.
I hear ya on all points but I agree with painting them and if the logo was the hinge point..they sell high heat caliper decals!
at some point this summer ...this will be the way I will go.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/683871...MIwqHvr_uS6QIVGaSzCh2POQOREAQYASABEgKre_D_BwE

il_1140xN.2214511347_jans.jpg

TXFirecracker

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Willys
Every single one of you are sick individuals. Do you all realise the potential damage you have done to my finances???....please keep the ideas coming.....

Sand Flea

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited, Sahara
Occupation
Federal Firefighter, Retired
How about red brake caliper covers?
The factory calipers are hideous.

IMG_7494.jpeg