First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
I have a PRUSA as well, I have a MK3S with the MMU2 multi-material head (up to 5 colors at a time). Novel at first, but causes me to constantly tweak it to make sure it's feeding well and for simple color swaps like this its easier to just set the break layer and manually change the color.

The ironing I agree, it's hit or miss. The fit was perfect for me, no sanding, just right. I have printed out two of them (one for my wife's Gladiator and one for my pending JLUR on order).

I like the tether idea as well, perhaps some fishing leader eyelet or even add a little adhesive Velcro strip to stick it under the dash when not in use? If you want to over engineer it, we could add a slot to embed a small neodymium magnet?
i kinda like the fishing line idea ---- maybe add a TPU printed tether to fit around it for non 3d printing nerds to not lose it lol ..
for me and you its easy to just print off a new one if lost -- glad it fit and will be used by you both !!! happy jeeping
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Had a young gal / a JT owner (a cutie) (a friend of a friend) come by my place yesterday and asked that I look at the OBDll port on her JT.

Long story short.... this gal whose Dad owns a cattle farm locally, planted her boot with a ton of cow chitt directly into/on to the OBDll port. Did this a couple of weeks ago and never noticed til recently.

Anyway, fortunately for her, I was able to .... with lots of effort to clean up the OBDll port. (35 mins) Luckily the port was not damaged or she would be paying the dealership lots of $ to deal with an OBDll port replacement.

After the clean up, I placed a 3D printed, OBDll port cover/cap on her JT's OBDll port.. Ya know she is gonna get her chitty foot back there again so...

OH, for anyone that wants an OBDll port with a JL grill on it you can buy here from a fellow forum member. Cheap protection for sure.. (Prevents sand, dirt, mud from getting to the port and prevents damage from items hitting the inners of the port..)
https://jeepsnapcaps.com/collections/allR]
The ad pic at that website does not show the JL grill but it is on there like shown in the picture below.. 8-)

Jeep Wrangler JL OBDll Port Cover / OBDll Port Protection JL-Custom OBDll Cover

@JO DYRT

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
Had a young gal / a JT owner (a cutie) (a friend of a friend) come by my place yesterday and asked that I look at the OBDll port on her JT.

Long story short.... this gal whose Dad owns a cattle farm locally, planted her boot with a ton of cow chitt directly into/on to the OBDll port. Did this a couple of weeks ago and never noticed til recently.

Anyway, fortunately for her, I was able to .... with lots of effort to clean up the OBDll port. (35 mins) Luckily the port was not damaged or she would be paying the dealership lots of $ to deal with an OBDll port replacement.

After the clean up, I placed a 3D printed, OBDll port cover/cap on her JT's OBDll port.. Ya know she is gonna get her chitty foot back there again so...

OH, for anyone that wants an OBDll port with a JL grill on it you can buy here from a fellow forum member. Cheap protection for sure.. (Prevents sand, dirt, mud from getting to the port and prevents damage from items hitting the inners of the port..)
https://jeepsnapcaps.com/collections/allR]
The ad pic at that website does not show the JL grill but it is on there like shown in the picture below.. 8-)

Jeep Wrangler JL OBDll Port Cover / OBDll Port Protection JL-Custom OBDll Cover

@JO DYRT
use contact cleaner with a high withstand next time just shoot the chit out of it , its made to use on electrical . u dont have to kill power , but its a good idea to do so

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
use contact cleaner with a high withstand next time just shoot the chit out of it , its made to use on electrical . u dont have to kill power , but its a good idea to do so
@elf883

Yes, did as you say... Took a whole can of cleaner... After cleaning very throughly, I used compressed air gingerly and then tested the port by using my BT scan tool with it... All was ok.

A real pain in the ass to clean... Chitt was packed in and was hard as hell.

I posted a ways back that I myself learned the hard way what can happen to the port if you do not protect it. Cost me lots of $.

Especially, if you tend to have muddy, soggy, sandy boots in the mix cover that port. All my vehicles have an OBDll port cover these days..

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
@elf883

Yes, did as you say... Took a whole can of cleaner... After cleaning very throughly, I used compressed air gingerly and then tested the port by using my BT scan tool with it... All was ok.

A real pain in the ass to clean... Chitt was packed in and was hard as hell.

I posted a ways back that I myself learned the hard way what can happen to the port if you do not protect it. Cost me lots of $.

Especially, if you tend to have muddy, soggy, sandy boots in the mix cover that port. All my vehicles have an OBDll port cover these days..
i alllllllways forget i can use the @ to include some1 in the message
i dont want to be non "inclusive" hahahahaha
jaws marathon on today btw
Sponsored