Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Has anyone successfully used OBD JSCAN to enable Off Road Pages on an 8.4" radio? I've had my 8.4 from Infotainment.com installed for a couple of weeks. I just went out this morning and used JSCAN to enable Off Road Pages, but I'm not seeing it on my radio.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Has anyone successfully used OBD JSCAN to enable Off Road Pages on an 8.4" radio? I've had my 8.4 from Infotainment.com installed for a couple of weeks. I just went out this morning and used JSCAN to enable Off Road Pages, but I'm not seeing it on my radio.
@jludave

JSCAN can get a tad iffy ..... app lists things that you can't accomplish.. Anyway, I'm not sure about ORP .... if JSCAN can really can do the deed in regard to turning it on..

Could it be you did not do the enabling properly??

When doing settings ... any setting with JSCAN, always do back to back / 2, Restart all ecus > All modules after the setting change.... so it takes lets say..

The guy that brings us JSCAN recommended this to me..

OP
OP
jludave

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Could it be you did not do the enabling properly??
I simply opened the app, connected, went to the setting and set it to Active, then hit go. I did get the message that the change was successful.

When doing settings ... any setting with JSCAN, always do back to back / 2, Restart all ecus > All modules after the setting change.... so it takes lets say..
Interesting. I've never done this and my changes for other things have always worked.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I simply opened the app, connected, went to the setting and set it to Active, then hit go. I did get the message that the change was successful.

Interesting. I've never done this and my changes for other things have always worked.
@jludave

Was told this by JSCAN support in FB. They were adamant that I do the double and said that you should do double with any setting change.. They implied it was a crap shoot whether setting change would complete if you did not do the double. They even did a video and sent it to me showing the double..

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@jludave

Could not get Weather Alerts disabled so I reached out to JSCAN via Facebook Messenger. Within in an hour they tried to do on their end.... they got back to me and said watch this video and that the key to getting it to take was the two restarts at the end, as shown in the video.. and cycle ignition key at the and and open and close the door.

I did as JSCAN said/watched the video and yup, Travel Alerts .. different choices are displayed in UConnect but none of them can connect so no workie. 8-)

Anyone here that wants to do this deed, watch this video a couple of times. NOTE the restart all ecus, done twice at the end.. Remember to cycle ignition key at the and and open and close the door.
https://www.facebook.com/messenger_media/?thread_id=809904229210923&attachment_id=125746812661479&message_id=mid.$cAAK6aeHNWy59VwpmJ13JcMqhPKjZ

Sponsored

OP
OP
jludave

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Was told this by JSCAN support in FB. They were adamant that I do the double and said that you should do with any setting change.. They even did a video and sent it to me showing the double..
I have an email into them. Will wait to see how they respond.

The app is great and I've used it on my JK and JL numerous times (never doing the ecu reset). I just wish the documentation was better.

OP
OP
jludave

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@jludave
Watch the video, I just posted a link to. Again, JSCAN rep
Alas, I've deleted my FB account ages ago.
@jludave

Well, JSCAN reps have a tad bit of a problem with English language it seems. Their support is then do a silent video of them going through the process of doing a setting....

Suggest you go back to JSCAN and do the ORP turn on and ---> restart all ecus, twice at the end.. DO, Remember to cycle ignition key at the and and open and close the door

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@jludave
You can see them do the restart ecus twice at the end.. or accoring to them it may not take.. and it did not take for me until I did the two, ecus at the end...

OP
OP
jludave

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

OK. Just managed to chat with them.

There's no need to reset ECU or the radio for ORP. Just activate the setting, disconnect and exit out of the app.

They said it may take up to 24 hours for ORP to appear.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jludave

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Just ran out quickly to pick up my son. Noticed ORP are now available. However, longitude and latitude show as dashes and I don't get any readings for Coolant, Oil and Trans temp gauges.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@jludave not sure what OBDII BT module you are using but I have several Iā€™m testing and OBDLINK has a killer good app, no itā€™s no Off Road Pages but it gives you a ton of info on the Jeep.

OP
OP
jludave

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

@jludave not sure what OBDII BT module you are using but I have several Iā€™m testing and OBDLINK has a killer good app, no itā€™s no Off Road Pages but it gives you a ton of info on the Jeep.
@WranglerMan, thanks. I've used that app before.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@WranglerMan, thanks. I've used that app before.
Iā€˜ve got the poor mans Wrangler so no 8.4 with ORP for me, heck I donā€™t even have the LED option so I try to take advantage of what I have, I donā€™t use Uconnect at all with my mobile devices as I use wireless CarPlay which has been perfect and then I take advantage of apps that work in conjunction with OBDII BT modules that I have, several of them donā€™t offer much especially the lower priced ones but modules like OBDLINK II offer quite a lot and since that app is made to run with that device itā€™s pretty smooth.

OP
OP
jludave

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I donā€™t use Uconnect at all with my mobile devices as I use wireless CarPlay which has been perfect and then I take advantage of apps that work in conjunction with OBDII BT modules that I have
I use a combination of Uconnect and CarPlay. I just upgraded to an 8.4" radio (birthday gift to myself), so I figured why not take advantage of the JSCAN app (which I already had) to activate the ORP? It's not really a matter of needing the ORP, it's more that I wanted a feature the radio is supposed to have but didn't initially.

I realize this thread my have gotten a bit sidetracked, so to steer things back - yes the OBD JSCAN app can activate ORP for those with an 8.4" radio.
Sponsored