• Total voters

18BlackJLRU

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4XE Rubicon
I’m shopping for one of these device to disable my ESS, I’m getting tired to forget to press the button from time to time.

Which one did you use to disable your ESS and are you satisfied ?

Thanks,
Daniel

Jeep Wrangler JL OBD Genie or Smart Stop Start, ESS Disable 1B88A007-5D94-4905-A2B5-464740289241

Jeep Wrangler JL OBD Genie or Smart Stop Start, ESS Disable 97DA228B-DD9B-4A01-A9BE-7933ACFEA849
Sponsored

BCalvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JLU, 1996 Porsche 993, 2007 Hummer H3
I have been researching this too. So far I think im going with a tazer for all the other useful features i'll need.

Im in for a better option.

Last edited:

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
I voted by accident trying to view the poll.. stupid fingers, so disregard my vote, but I do plan on getting the Smart Stop Start since I don't really plan on utilizing all the Tazer bells and whistles.

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
I have been using a Tazer for a year without any issues or complaints.

bryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini, F250, Forester, 2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The Smart Stop Start was my first upgrade. I love it. Does what I want, and leaves the security gateway intact.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Tazer mini for my JLUR. Not only great for the start/stop disable and adjusting tire size and tpms, but lots of other added benefits. Especially for the Rubicons. Rear locker in 2h, front and rear lockers in 4h, sway kill, full trac kill, winch mode, and being able to use the cruise control buttons as hot buttons for the above items when bit on cruise control are some of the many doors opened up with the Tazer.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Very happy with my smart stop. Easy install no foot print.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
For starters, I don't begrudge anyone for buying an OBD Genie or an Autostop Eliminator...

I will spew, that most here that don't use a Tazer JL to deal with ESS, have gone with the SmartStopStart unit to disable ESS. The guy that offers it is a JL owner, a long time forum goer and a forum sponsor. Also, a decent guy, a good communicator and a business owner that gives a dam.

Yes, the SmartStopStart unit costs a tad more, but I don't see them (others that sell a similar offering) here sponsoring the forum, talking JL, providing support and pertinent info regarding the hardware.

Anyway, I encourage all that are going to buy such a unit to consider the SmartStopStart unit for their JL or JT rather then other such offerings. Anyway, my vote is for the SmartStopStart unless you need the goodies that a Tazer JL Mini provides along with dealing with ESS.

On a side note.... The SmatStopStart unit for the JL was the first for use with the JL. It's a pretty streamline unit compared to the othercompetition's offering... and no, you don't need to use zip ties with the SSS unit. 8-) And the SSS works flawlessly.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have no problem with the ESS, reduces pollution, no impact on starting out. But who invented push button start? Why don't they know how hard it is to push that button every time I want to start the engine? Why don't they just have a brain wave scanner so I can just think START? A royal pain pushing a button once everytime start the engine.
Sponsored