Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Emergency Comms, Music
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I visited Dwayne Lane this past weekend and the best they could do was about 3.5% off invoice and wouldn’t go lower. Nice folks, no pressure, and I was ready to place an order. Peterson in Boise was prepared to do 7-8% off invoice, and therefore I am finalizing a quote. It’s an $80 plane ride to Boise, to save over $1500, and I can break the engine in during the ride home through lovely roads, have a nice meal, stay in a nice hotel, and still have over more than grand in my pocket.
I was about to go with Peterson but wound up finding exactly what I wanted nearby for a few bucks less (holdover 2018 vs new 2019). Still kind of wish I had gone with Peterson, but that's another story.

In the past I've bought new from Boise dealers and driven back to western WA - you can usually get great deals, they tend to be very accommodating to out of state sales, and the drive back really is a lot of fun, with many of the roads between there and here just epically beautiful.
Sponsored

Jasonep

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Rubicon Unlimited
I can't say enough good things about Autonation Bellevue. I got online quotes from a few local dealers and worked then against each other. I got my 2019 Rubi for about 20% less than MSRP.

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
My experience with pricing and Autonation was that they were unwilling to deal on anything not in their inventory.

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
A follow up plug on Dwayne Lane, who met my price and got my business.

Sponsored

Mikefly562

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU in Granite Crystal Metallic
I just leased a new 2020 Wrangler Willys from Autonation, as they were discounting off the MSRP by about $4500, which brought the lease cost, including tax, to about the mid 400s (39K lease, 12K miles year, minimal cash down). They were very easy to work with, and did not pressure me at all to buy add-ons during financing phase, and were generally very easy to work with. My jeep was missing the included tool kit and they resolved that very quickly. I leased this jeep as it will be more of a daily driver / bad weather driver and compliments my lifted 2 door wrangler that I already own.

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought from Peterson's and Kent S.

Was a good time and a great Jeep.

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Thought I’d mention Bruce Titus Olympia Jeep. I put together a rubicon on Jeep’s build page and Olympia had it (with 1 extra option), already marked down $4600 off MSRP. Financing laid out the options with no push.

InfamousYert

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, Bright White.
Vehicle Showcase
I purchased my 2018 JLUS from KarMart in Burlington in Feb 2018, right off the showroom floor. Only one in the color the wife wanted in the WA area at the time and had just come back from overseas.

Negotiated down to right at 3-4% below invoice... give or take.

Do have to admit they have YET to make good on some aftermarket parts we negotiated in the deal (LED Headlights/Fog lights) but those have been darn near impossible with Mopar Factory Replacements.

I had no issues/no pressure with the Salesman (Sean Connor), but the Sales Manager was kind of a dick dealing with the LED accessories... 2+ years later and they've yet to deliver...

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

I purchased my 2018 JLUS from KarMart in Burlington in Feb 2018, right off the showroom floor. Only one in the color the wife wanted in the WA area at the time and had just come back from overseas.

Negotiated down to right at 3-4% below invoice... give or take.

Do have to admit they have YET to make good on some aftermarket parts we negotiated in the deal (LED Headlights/Fog lights) but those have been darn near impossible with Mopar Factory Replacements.

I had no issues/no pressure with the Salesman (Sean Connor), but the Sales Manager was kind of a dick dealing with the LED accessories... 2+ years later and they've yet to deliver...
Check which part number they ordered for the LED headlights. The original part number changed to a new one, which may be why you are still waiting.

Sponsored

InfamousYert

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, Bright White.
Vehicle Showcase
Check which part number they ordered for the LED headlights. The original part number changed to a new one, which may be why you are still waiting.
We agreed on a different route. DV8 aftermarket ones.

Sales manager was giving us the back and forth, service/parts manager was just saying “they’re on back order... gotta talk to sales manager”... blah, blah, blah.

now waiting on the ‘rona to die down so the performance parts place can get the parts and install.

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
Having just gone through this in the last week or so, I can say, without a doubt that I'll never deal with either North seattle or Kirkland again,,,EVER!

the way the salesman at kirkland had my daughter in tears when he continued to pus her after her saying multiple times she was in NO position to buy is totally inexcuseable.

North seattle is a bit of "bait and switch" after dealing with them for several weeks, as I attempted to make an appointment for my daughter to go in and order a jeep, I was told that they would NOT be honoring the $1000 Costco discount as they previously claimed they would. ya know, there's a reason I truly HATE car salesmen.

Braden at Renton was literally a breath of fresh air..other than the fact that he *started* to question my 19 year old daughter's knowledge of the platform (she quickly shut that line down & actually began telling him stuff that he wasn't aware of), got us in, got the jeep ordered & we were out in about 30 minutes...and I never, once, felt like she was being pressured into ordering mo9re options than she wanted....we'll see how it goes in 3 months when it's time to take delivery

if you're a costco member, look into the Costco auto program..they have certain dealers they work with..and for $1k off, it's worth the extra step

maweber

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
I have to give a shout out for Dwayne Lane's in Everett. I began the process online and everything rolled smoothely when going in. No deciet or nickle-and-diming like Rairdons. Absolutely no pressure either. Super happy I choose to give them business.

North River

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl
I’ve purchased three Jeeps from Rairdon in Kirkland . My ‘10 JK, ‘17 Grand Cherokee and my ‘18 JL.

Three different salesman and three super easy purchases.

Funny how vastly experiences can vary

HeresRonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I’ve purchased three Jeeps from Rairdon in Kirkland . My ‘10 JK, ‘17 Grand Cherokee and my ‘18 JL.

Three different salesman and three super easy purchases.

Funny how vastly experiences can vary
Not to pile onto the Rairdon hate but I went to the Kirkland location with full cash in hand ready to make a purchase and it wasn’t a pleasant experience. I told the salesman what I wanted...then long story short he ignored me and tried to sell me what he wanted. I ended up having to buy my jeep out of state and got a waaaaayyy deal. It seems pretty hard to get dealers in the Seattle area to budge but the Rairdon salesman I encountered made me never want to go to that dealership again. I’m sure its probably hit or miss for a lot of people but not a great experience for me.
Sponsored