Numerous problems dealership absolutely no help

First Name
Veronica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara Unlimited JL
First time Jeep owner previously SUV, truck and sports car driver

ESS Auto Off not available warning light on - once with Auto Off button in use and twice without using

Third time Auto Off warning came on engine light also came on and engine was shaking badly. I had to pull off the freeway stop vehicle and on restart drove fine.

Stereo cuts out not in the manner of trying to acquire a signal on Sirius/XM. Screen gets stuck on Jeep logo.

Speakers cut out and make a high pitched squealing noise.

Dash lights cut out and dim. Today they came back on after turning windshield wipers off.

5/15/18 Dropped off at dealership
Advised no error codes or recalls. Service explained if they cannot duplicate issues they cannot fix them.
5/16/18 Vehicle home
5/17/18 Dash lights dimming turns bright when windshield wipers are shut off. Radio (satellite) cuts out twice no loss of signal.

Very dissatisfied with Service Department lack of investigation to issues and accusation my driving must contribute to the issues.

6/25/18 Updates on Blue's Issues
5/18/18 Went back to dealership service department with engine light on.
Engine Misfire Error when scanned and new coiled on backorder.
PCM update was done to address stereo issues.
Tires were balanced.
----------------------------
6/27/18 Scheduled for third service to install coil
Requesting additional service to address:

-recall U62 for cruise control
-analog and digital speedometer 4-5 mph difference
-clarify if Update Uconnect Software Version to 1810.02 (TSB 08-012-18 REV. C) - June 12, 2018 was completed and referred to as the PCM update
Sponsored

Last edited:

safety_glasses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Join the crowd. My thread is just below yours and I'm about as fed up as I can be as well.

This is what happens when companies care more about dollars than Customers.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Very dissatisfied with Service Department lack of investigation to issues and accusation my driving must contribute to the issues.
Don't put up with it , Veronica . There must be a state attorney general in Tennessee . Your driving has nothing to do with FCA poor quality control . They are blaming your driving for their manufacturing failure . Your driving is fine . They not only don't investigate the issues , they also accused your driving .

Last edited:

LABLUE

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 Ram 1500 North edition
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech
Don't put up with it , Veronica . There must be a state attorney general in Tennessee . Your driving has nothing to do with FCA poor quality control . They are blaming your driving for their manufacturing failure . Your driving is fine . They not only don't investigate the issues , they also accused your driving .
FCA does in fact investigate known/repeat issues. On the other hand the dealer may not take the time fully needed to duplicate an issue.

If a cust drops of a vehicle and the repair order states "the radio screen is frozen". That makes it sound like the screen is stuck on one image. Now If the repair order states " the radio locks up after driving 15-30 minutes, about once every other day". Now they know they may need to drive the vehicle multiple times or even drive it home. FCA has a diagnostic approach which includes verifying the customers concern.

I'm not saying that a owner makes things up, but some do. I have a flight recorder in a customers car for almost weeks. They claim it stalls and the shift indicator flashes, happens every day. Hasn't happened once. I drive this Jeep home for 3 days, that's about 120 miles, nothing happens.

If the concern can't be duplicated, it's hard to diag/fix it. That's the reality of it. The way dealerships pay their techs has created this NPF(no problem found) issue.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
The way dealerships pay their techs has created this NPF(no problem found) issue.
Her engine was shaking , she had to pull off the highway , there is warning light , numerous other weird electronic issues , and then they accuse Her Driving .

Their problem is not that techs' pay is low ; their problem is that they accused an innocent buyer of driving .

IF their pay is so low , THEN WHY do they charge so high for labor ? By accusing her driving , they are passing the buck back onto the innocent buyer , and accusing the buyer of causing the defect . She didn't cause any defect . FCA caused the defect , duh .

This is unacceptable , and she ought to go to the consumer protection office of the state of tennessee .

Last edited:

Sponsored

LABLUE

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 Ram 1500 North edition
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech
Her engine was shaking , she had to pull off the highway , there is warning light , numerous other weird electronic issues , and then they accuse Her Driving .

Their problem is not that techs' pay is low ; their problem is that they accused an innocent buyer of driving .

IF their pay is so low , THEN WHY do they charge so high for labor ? By accusing her driving , they are passing the buck back onto the innocent buyer , and accusing the buyer of causing the defect . She didn't cause any defect . FCA caused the defect , duh .

This is unacceptable , and she ought to go to the consumer protection office of the state of tennessee .
I'm just starting that if a vehicle brought it and the concern can't be verified while at the shop then it can't be fixed.

How many times have you said get ahold of the attorney general, lemon law, buy back and so on?

My pay is not low, it's how the industry pays its techs. Are you aware of how dealer techs are paid? If the door rate is $100/hr how much of that goes to the tech? Again I NEVER SAID THE TECHS PAY WAS LOW!

I can't speak for all the techs out there but if her Jeep was dispatched to a decent tech they would look into the issues and maybe contact star agents. A star agent is FCA help line to the dealer techs, sometimes things have to be escalated past them to field engineers.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I'm just starting that if a vehicle brought it and the concern can't be verified while at the shop then it can't be fixed.

How many times have you said get ahold of the attorney general, lemon law, buy back and so on?

My pay is not low, it's how the industry pays its techs. Are you aware of how dealer techs are paid? If the door rate is $100/hr how much of that goes to the tech? Again I NEVER SAID THE TECHS PAY WAS LOW!

I can't speak for all the techs out there but if her Jeep was dispatched to a decent tech they would look into the issues and maybe contact star agents. A star agent is FCA help line to the dealer techs, sometimes things have to be escalated past them to field engineers.
Full agreement with everything you have explained . ( But , it side-steps the OP's complaint about bad FCA non-diagnosis .)

However , back to the OP . FCA tech dismissed her defects by Blaming the OP's Driving . I mean , come on . That is an ad hominum attack on the innocent customer . Her driving did not cause the defects .

By the way , the labor rate charged to the customers is Very High to be blaming the innocent customer's driving ; how can the tech justify the high labor rate by blaming the customer's driving for the defect ? FCA really put in a lot of labor hours to come up with an accusation against the customer's driving .

That alone is reason to go to the attorney general .

Mukluk

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon

Dash lights cut out and dim. Today they came back on after turning windshield wipers off.

5/17/18 Dash lights dimming turns bright when windshield wipers are shut off. Radio (satellite) cuts out twice no loss of signal.
My last 4 vehicles - 2015 GMC Sierra, 2014 Dodge Journey, 2013 Ram, 2011 Dodge Journey, all had headlights that came on when the wipers were turned on. Depending on how I had my dashboard lights set it made it look like they disappeared during the day only to come back on when the wipers were turned off. Try adjusting the dimmer setting and see if that helps when the wipers are on.

OP
OP
BlueVelociraptor
First Name
Veronica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I certainly felt my concerns were disregarded. I understand it may be difficult to find a problem but to only rely on plugging a computer in, checking for recalls and making the customer feel questionable and to blame will not improve the condition of my vehicle. It's situations like this I wish my grandfather and father were alive to back me up. They were both mechanics who got dirty fixing cars the old fashioned way using their hands.

OP
OP
BlueVelociraptor
First Name
Veronica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My last 4 vehicles - 2015 GMC Sierra, 2014 Dodge Journey, 2013 Ram, 2011 Dodge Journey, all had headlights that came on when the wipers were turned on. Depending on how I had my dashboard lights set it made it look like they disappeared during the day only to come back on when the wipers were turned off. Try adjusting the dimmer setting and see if that helps when the wipers are on.
Thank you for the suggestion tried this a week ago and double checked my settings again today.

Sponsored

Grindhouseknives

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Bright White JLU Sport S
I’m not sure if you have tried this but in Uconnect under settings and driving/safety, you can enable/disable auto headlights with windshield wipers on. Mine is enabled so when i have the wipers on the headlights come on and the dash dims even during the day. I have noticed the dimmer dial seems an all or nothing proposition. It’s either really bright or too dim my my old eyes!

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
making the customer feel questionable and to blame will not improve the condition of my vehicle. It's situations like this I wish my grandfather and father were alive to back me up. They were both mechanics who got dirty fixing cars the old fashioned way using their hands.
Yep . If they were with you , and FCA blamed Your Driving , for Their Defect , then They Would speak up for you .

That is Why you need to go to the state consumer protection director , so you can get someone to Speak Up for you . If you tell them you are going to the state attorney general , and the big newspaper , Everything will change , and FCA will hopefully assign a competent staff to solve your problems and/or compensate you .

If you buy an automobile , you don't need engine shaking on the highway and need to pull over . That is a Safety issue , big time . And then they blame Your driving , and not Their defects . Ha !

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Advised no error codes or recalls. Service explained if they cannot duplicate issues they cannot fix them.
5/16/18 Vehicle home

"can't replicate the issue" has been the FCA service dept battle call since I bought my first one in 2005. No matter what every time I have brought something on over the course of numerous vehicle it's always "can't reproduce" to which I'd have to go back up and show them or if it wasn't easily reproducible I would just have to deal with it as they would never fix it.

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

ESS Auto Off not available warning light on - once with Auto Off button in use and twice without using

Third time Auto Off warning came on engine light also came on and engine was shaking badly. I had to pull off the freeway stop vehicle and on restart drove fine.

Stereo cuts out not in the manner of trying to acquire a signal on Sirius/XM. Screen gets stuck on Jeep logo.

Speakers cut out and make a high pitched squealing noise.

5/16/18 Vehicle home

Wow, that is disappointing. I know you shouldn't have to, but I guess keep notes on the problems so you can track them. For the harder to diagnose intermittent ones you may find a pattern of when/why/etc. to help track it down.

Good luck and hope it can work out!

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
...I have noticed the dimmer dial seems an all or nothing proposition. It’s either really bright or too dim my my old eyes!
Yeah, I've been too busy to read my manual yet (saving that for a calm evening to enjoy it TBH), but the two dimmers seem to not do anything...or what I would expect.
Sponsored