Number of miles on Odometer new.

Dzwart06

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I ordered a new JLUR and it is on a train expected between 7/2 & 7/5 for me to pick up. And I'm wondering what is normal number of miles on a brand new from factory WranglerJL when it is picked up.

I build busses (well trouble shoot electrical issues) at a Volvo plant. And I know during run up there is a timer that shows how many hours on the engine, and then we also track how many miles we put in it between road tests, and fixing issues and re-road testing. Most of our brand new buses have between 50 (NYS DOT minimum) and 250 miles. So I'm not expecting 0 miles, but I'd also like to make sure no one joy rides in it before I do.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

I ordered a new JLUR and it is on a train expected between 7/2 & 7/5 for me to pick up. And I'm wondering what is normal number of miles on a brand new from factory WranglerJL when it is picked up.
I build busses (well trouble shoot electrical issues) at a Volvo plant. And I know between run up there is a timer that shows how many hours on the engine, and then we also track how many miles we put in it between road tests, and fixing issues and re-road testing. That most of our brand new buses have between 50 (NYS DOT minimum) and 250 miles. So I'm not expecting 0 miles, but I'd also like to make sure bo one joy rides in it before I do.
Mine had 11...

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
I had 8 when it arrived at dealership. 4 days later at pick up it had 12. ???? I'm just glad it wasn't in the triple digits. LOL

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Usually they come from the factory with a handful of miles, sometimes more if they go through extra testing. The dealership will usually drive it a few miles as well as part of the PDI.

apettit7

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Occupation
IT
IIRC mine had 60-something miles. Some of the miles were because my jeep was pulled of the lot at the factory for a random "QA audit", which I didn't mind because they would fix anything they find and I haven't had any issues with my JL.

Lithograph

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
Mine had roughy 6 if I remember correctly. Special ordered and whatnot, which disallows any test drives from other customers, at least at my dealership.

Sponsored

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Mine had 7. But when I was test driving them at another dealer that I believe skipped any kind of inspection drive on delivery, there were a bunch of them that had 2-3 miles on them. I think that is probably the minimum possible.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
I had to look at the title because I forgot to take a picture at delivery. When I picked mine up, it had 19. It was special ordered, came from the factory to the rail yard, onto a train, from Toledo OH to Selkirk NY, moved to a holding lot after being unloaded, then picked up and brought to my dealer in Albany NY. Not 100% sure on the details but I know Selkirk to Albany is 12 miles

OP
OP

Dzwart06

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Thank you for all the input, I am super stoked to receive my new ride. My current daily driver/off road beast is almost 20 years old and 200k miles. I'm due for new. Just want to finish making my delivery check list and avoid any surprises.
Sponsored