First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
The Mrs. and I have been enjoying our Willys out on the trails. Getting out there is fun and a challenge at the same time as we are both new to off roading out here in the Arizona desert.

A few days ago, as we were looking at pictures of the most recent outing in Bulldog Canyon, she commented that she "would like a Jeep of her own." I asked why she didn't want to drive the one we have and she said, "No way am I going to drive your Jeep and ding it while you are in it. Besides, I want to go with a group of Girl Jeepers and boys won't be allowed." :D

I found out she also gets major Grandma Points when she picks up her 4 grandsons in the Willys. I guess it's a status thing for the boys. :)

I told her that I would start looking if she was willing to give up her plushy Mazda CX-5.

I love Jeep shopping... LOL
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
At least she wants her own. Many here are taken by the wife while she insists that he drive the family car. Good for her!

scj64

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Ram 2500, ‘23 R/T, ‘23 20A 392, ‘22 FLHTK
Kind of the opposite in our house; wife is on her third Wrangler and I drive a 3500 RAM and daily drive a Challenger R/T. After hitting crap in the road twice with my Challenger tearing up the front end plastic’s, it has to go and it’s replacement will be another JLR in the garage.

OP
OP
JL MADDOG

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
At least she wants her own. Many here are taken by the wife while she insists that he drive the family car. Good for her!
Yeah, well...that wasn't gonna happen because she said so. :CWL:

First, she asked me if she could take her CX-5 off roading. Uhm...No, Dear. That response is what got her asking about a Jeep of her own.

Kind of the opposite in our house; wife is on her third Wrangler and I drive a 3500 RAM and daily drive a Challenger R/T. After hitting crap in the road twice with my Challenger tearing up the front end plastic’s, it has to go and it’s replacement will be another JLR in the garage.
My DD until I traded it in on the JL was a 2500 CTD. It was a great truck and the last in a line of Rams stretching back to 1999. My prior DD and garage queen was a 300C SRT8. It was too low to go off road though. ;)

Jeep Wrangler JL Now The Wife Wants One! 20170705_093627

Jeep Wrangler JL Now The Wife Wants One! Last

That's excellent! You both have your own tag-along recovery vehicle and zero arguments over who gets to drive.
True. I expect, though, that all the off road gear will be in my JL and I'll be the one doing the load out. :facepalm:

Sponsored

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
I think going from a Mazda CX-5 to a Jeep JL is a good move. I hope it works out for her. :)

Bob_N_AZ

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Ford Excape Hybrid

First, she asked me if she could take her CX-5 off roading. Uhm...No, Dear. That response is what got her asking about a Jeep of her own.

My DD until I traded it in on the JL was a 2500 CTD. It was a great truck and the last in a line of Rams stretching back to 1999. My prior DD and garage queen was a 300C SRT8. It was too low to go off road though. ;)

True. I expect, though, that all the off road gear will be in my JL and I'll be the one doing the load out. :facepalm:
CX-5 off road? Why not , try Roger's Trough :CWL:

Rover72

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Land Rover
I am in this camp also.
My wife wants my Jeep that I just ordered after I took her along on one of my test drive trips.
I plan on letting her have it if she likes driving it regularly after we get it. I will give it up when the Bronco Badlands I have on order shows up from the never know when you'll get it company!

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
My son immediately fell in love with my 392 and plans to replace their Charger with one but his wife insists on a Bronco. It could get Ugly!

Sponsored

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
I drive the Wrangler, the wife drives the Renegade. But it's a Trailhawk and it's seen some off road use.

scj64

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Ram 2500, ‘23 R/T, ‘23 20A 392, ‘22 FLHTK

20170705_093627.jpg

Last.jpg

I could never find a SRT8 300 when they were being made. Looked real hard for a SRT8 Grand Cherokee in B5 blue and was unsuccessful with that one too. My timing vs. availability was off when I was ready to pull the trigger. You can find them now but they bring more than when new. That’s out of the question for me though as every used car I have bought is a total disaster.
My 3500 is a dually HO 6.7 and used for pulling my trailers. Not a daily driver when parking in public garages.
I really like driving the 2 door JLR my wife has so I ordered a ‘22 to replace my Challenger.
I love driving my car but it’s cursed as every time I go out here lately, some jackass has left debris in the road and I collect it. Installing MetalCloak 2.5” lift with 37’s should keep me above most of the debris I seem to find.