Sponsored

Now It Gets Interesting. Tommy's Dad Purchased A Bronco With Sasquatch Package.

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
Okay, so the secret is out. These vehicles were not purchased because the owners wanted them.

It is obvious that TFL decided to jump on the Wrangler vs Jeep band wagon, score some valuable social media post "Likes" to drive their online TFL brand name.

I expected this from the Lite Brite team but I guess TFL beat them to it.
Hey when you tube views keeps the lights on you got to do what you got to do.
Sponsored

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
The JL is Tommy's personal vehicle and his daily drive that he will keep for at least 3 years. They will keep the Bronco as another company car. It will be in their stable for the best part of a year then sell it as they do with their other vehicles.

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
I guess I am trying to figure out why it matters? The how and why of Tommy's new Jeep are none of anybody's business. Seems like a crazy thing to concern yourself with.
The only reason that it’s kind of anybody’s business is that he puts it on the website. It’s their YouTube business and so now it’s anybody’s business who watches.
It’s no longer private and is in fact part of the mission. To get folks like us to watch.
I’m not criticizing. I like watching stuff like this. There is a comment section on the vids for a reason and that is so we can feel a part of it and to also spew out of our mouths the worst kind of stuff we would never say to someone standing right in front of us.

Sponsored

SilverRubi

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
They said they had a 4xE that they were going to be comparing it against. If that's a Rubicon then it should be a decent comparison.

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
Not quite correct in saying "Dad buys Bronco" as they would've bought it for the channel regardless to do their long term test. I'm a fan of both the new Bronco and the sons base Jeep. Interested to see if there's a non biased rational review of it as most seem to be biased in some way.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Got to say from the side view it reminds me more of an International Scout than a first edition Bronco!

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
$69k is with CO taxes. MSRP is $63k, an equivalent Pentastar Jeep is $64k. You can get a 2-door Sasquatch for less than $40k. A non-squatch badlands vs a Rubicon will be the closest comparison until the 35" Recon package starts shipping.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
OMG!!!

You guys are so cynical. Can't it just be that the TFL crew like offroad vehicles?

There is nothing wrong with making a living doing something that you love.

Many people would love to purchase a fully loaded Rubicon. Not everyone can afford it. It is a wise person who lives within his means. I have seen too many people get into financial difficulties because their eyes were bigger than their pockets.
I agree with your concept; however, I don't really believe Tommy can't afford a Rubicon. I think his purchase decision was based more on being the "average Joe" Wrangler buyer for publicity sake. As much as he wheels in Colorado, he needs the capability if the Rubicon which cannot be built cheaper than bought.

Sponsored

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
I agree with your concept; however, I don't really believe Tommy can't afford a Rubicon. I think his purchase decision was based more on being the "average Joe" Wrangler buyer for publicity sake. As much as he wheels in Colorado, he needs the capability if the Rubicon which cannot be built cheaper than bought.
Maybe, as much as he wheels in CO, he's decided that he DOESN'T need the capability of a Rubicon.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Maybe, as much as he wheels in CO, he's decided that he DOESN'T need the capability of a Rubicon.
Well, I'm out here now and he's going to miss a lot of good trails without lockers. Just like the two trails I made that side-by-side couldnt make.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
TFL may be highly viewed online, but they are not owned by a big corporation and their on air people don’t have fat contracts. They pay themselves after all other expenses are covered.

The Willys Sport purchase is very likely his. He also represents a demographic that is not exactly enthusiastic about vehicles. Having you g guys like him in front of the camera speaks to them better and more effectively than “old guys” (like me). Also, most people in his age group don’t make as much as many think. They have a smaller portion of expendable income versus a generation ago. The Willys Sport purchase is an example of what young people on a tighter budget can possibly afford. It’s also an example of what the casual Jeep buyer may want or prefer. Not everyone wants/needs/has to have a Rubicon.

sardog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler X-Gone, 2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Dad buys Bronco and son buys Wrangler. So the father goes to the Dark Side... like Vader and Luke. :LOL:

In all seriousness we should see some fun pros and cons for both. I am looking forward to seeing some longer term input for both the Bronco and Wrangler.
Screen Shot 2021-07-25 at 8.03.13 AM.png
I never got the impression that the dad ever cared for the Wrangler. He seemed like the LR was more his speed when they went down that path. So I don't expect much unbiased review from him but maybe from his son.

Besides, how much real comparison do you expect between a Willys and a Badlands Sasquatch? The two platforms are worlds apart in differences that any direct comparison is unrealistic.

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I think one important detail should be pointed out here:

Tommy purchased a Willys... as his personal vehicle which he owns. Paid for with his personal budget.

TFL, as a business, purchased a Bronco FE... with business funds. And they tied it to a charity donation... with tax incentives.

It'll be great to see the comparisons. It should already be taken with a grain of salt due to the price and model differences, but it should also be noted that one is used to generate revenue for TFL, and one is to get Tommy to and from TFL offices and get his groceries on the way home. Plus anything else he wants to do with it.
Sponsored