Sponsored

Now It Gets Interesting. Tommy's Dad Purchased A Bronco With Sasquatch Package.

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
If anything it will be entertaining to see them compare the two.

Speed331

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jetta, 2018 Discovery Sport, 2020 Wrangler Sport S (on order)
At least now we'll see some proper off road comparisons. Getting tired of the 'R.I.P. Jeep' videos that are just some random guy walking around a bronco without an actual comparison of ability.
I'll put Tommy's $30k Willys up against that $69k overweight beast all day long off road.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Dad buys Bronco and son buys Wrangler. So the father goes to the Dark Side... like Vader and Luke. :LOL:

In all seriousness we should see some fun pros and cons for both. I am looking forward to seeing some longer term input for both the Bronco and Wrangler.
Jeep Wrangler JL Now It Gets Interesting.  Tommy's Dad Purchased A Bronco With Sasquatch Package. Screen Shot 2021-07-25 at 8.03.13 AM

Last edited:

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At least now we'll see some proper off road comparisons. Getting tired of the 'R.I.P. Jeep' videos that are just some random guy walking around a bronco without an actual comparison of ability.
I'll put Tommy's $30k Willys up against that $69k overweight beast all day long off road.
Your probably right. The Wrangler off road and the Bronco on road. It will be interesting to see how well both hold up longer term.

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
So you are saying you already missed the video Tommy made of his Willy's struggling to climb a simple obstacle because LSD are mostly worthless on the trail? Sasquatch Bronco with lockers wouldn't need 2-3 attempts where the Willys struggled...

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Im guessing the Broncos electronic traction control features will help it a LOT next to the JL.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you are saying you already missed the video Tommy made of his Willy's struggling to climb a simple obstacle because LSD are mostly worthless on the trail? Sasquatch Bronco with lockers wouldn't need 2-3 attempts where the Willys struggled...
Too bad they did not buy comparable models. Something like a Rubicon with the Xtreme Recon package and a Sasquatch Bronco. Not complaining. Competition is great for us. Can't wait to see some of their Wrangler V. Bronco comparisons.

Sponsored

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Too bad they did not buy comparable models. Something like a Rubicon with the Xtreme Recon package and a Sasquatch Bronco. Not complaining. Competition is great for us. Can't wait to see some of their Wrangler V. Bronco comparisons.
Agreed, it isn't a fair comparison. It is cool that both offer so many configurations that it is seemingly difficult to get two similar ones together though. Part of the allure of the Jeep is the multitude of options so you can get yours the way you want it and Ford did a good job of offering the same. The comparisons will be fun regardless of the differences. Those guys make some good videos.

kermitjewel

Threads
Reaction score
anywhere, but always flipping off moderators
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito,
amen, I'm on tommy's team, LSD and all; He will get a lot of upgrades on that thing soon. Tommy has $31,000 to spend still on aftermarket items before roman can spend a copper penny on his squatch.

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
Okay, so the secret is out. These vehicles were not purchased because the owners wanted them.

It is obvious that TFL decided to jump on the Wrangler vs Jeep band wagon, score some valuable social media post "Likes" to drive their online TFL brand name.

I expected this from the Lite Brite team but I guess TFL beat them to it.

EJWF11

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Okay, so the secret is out. These vehicles were not purchased because the owners wanted them.

It is obvious that TFL decided to jump on the Wrangler vs Jeep band wagon, score some valuable social media post "Likes" to drive their online TFL brand name.

I expected this from the Lite Brite team but I guess TFL beat them to it.
I mean… duh!!

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
amen, I'm on tommy's team, LSD and all; He will get a lot of upgrades on that thing soon. Tommy has $31,000 to spend still on aftermarket items before roman can spend a copper penny on his squatch.
He wont get any upgrades if his claimed budget concerns were honest... These two machines are obviously at the opposite end of the spectrum, anybody can see that. The Willys is no match for that Sasquatch without thousands in "upgrades". Some seem to like going that route. I am in the "buy the best you can" camp, on your given budget. You can not equal Rubicon performance with a lesser model without spending Rubicon money anyway.

Obviously these purchases were a fun way to earn a living for these guys. More power to them. Should be fun to watch.
Sponsored