First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Earl JLU Rubicon
Occupation
dentist
The early ones didn't. I don't know when it started but my '18 wouldn't show me. I thought it would've been nice to know what gear I was in back then but then realized that was stupid because I was the one that put it in gear. Anyway, after driving it awhile you just know what gear you're in.

Regards,
I've had sticks for a long time. I just never saw this before.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Actually, that angle makes it more ergonomic to grab and use on the fly.

Coming down a steep descent that could result in a front flip if the service brakes are used, being able to drag the rear tires can help keep the rear end down and behind you while rolling through to level ground.
A domestic light beer for you, good Sir, for knowing and using the term "service brakes" accurately.šŸ‘

:beer:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
A domestic light beer for you, good Sir, for knowing and using the term "service brakes" accurately.šŸ‘

:beer:
Safe to assume that it also makes your eye twitch just a little when the emergency brake is referred to as a parking brake? šŸ˜†

Cheers, buddy!

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Safe to assume that it also makes your eye twitch just a little when the emergency brake is referred to as a parking brake?
Honestly, that was a fight that I've conceded to the other side.

By way of example, Spouse and Offspring both drive Honda CR-Vs.

Spouse's Honda has an electronic parking brake controlled by a dashboard rocker switch. Offspring's Honda has a ratcheting parking brake pedal that, when engaged, must then be depressed fully to release it.

Possibly Offspring's Honda could be slowed using the pedal, but there'd be no way to modulate it. For certain, I'd be very hesitant to test if or how the rocker switch would function at speed in Spouse's vehicle.

No, if it were up to me, I'd prefer to see analog emergency brake levers (such as what our Jeeps have) in as many vehicles as possible. It's odd that this design is so rare nowadays, given the US's almost pathological obsession with vehicle "safety".

Thanks for being on the same wavelength here, Mike. Have another Coors Light. :beer:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, that was a fight that I've conceded to the other side.

By way of example, Spouse and Offspring both drive Honda CR-Vs.

Spouse's Honda has an electronic parking brake controlled by a dashboard rocker switch. Offspring's Honda has a ratcheting parking brake pedal that, when engaged, must then be depressed fully to release it.

Possibly Offspring's Honda could be slowed using the pedal, but there'd be no way to modulate it. For certain, I'd be very hesitant to test if or how the rocker switch would function at speed in Spouse's vehicle.

No, if it were up to me, I'd prefer to see analog emergency brake levers (such as what our Jeeps have) in as many vehicles as possible. It's odd that this design is so rare nowadays, given the US's almost pathological obsession with vehicle "safety".

Thanks for being on the same wavelength here, Mike. Have another Coors Light. :beer:
3rd round of silver sodas are on me, friend. :beer:

We'll be 3 sheets to the wind, come page 10. šŸ˜†

Jeep Wrangler JL Now I can never unsee it.... 200 (13)

libis22

First Name
Libin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Daytona 675R, Willys sport XR
Occupation
Electronics engineer building software

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
Is it the paint we should be seeing here? I had a hard time finding issues in the other pictures and I am totally lost here.. šŸ˜ƒ
The door is about as flat as a fun-house mirror.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Ohhhh how I appreciate this thread!!! These comments/posts got me ded! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£āš°āš°āš°āš°šŸ™šŸ½

johndan

First Name
Johndan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR (ordered and waitingā€¦)
I'm teaching a typography course this semester. There are multiple issues with how they handle type on the dash, including some areas being kerned horribly (or maybe just monospaced instead of proportional). And don't get me started about the decision to use Helvetica for the logo. Nothing screams "Rugged Off-Road!" like a clean, Swiss Design-inspired typeface.

The 6 on the manual gear indicator is 1% crooked. The other numbers are straight.

Jeep Wrangler JL Now I can never unsee it.... 200 (13)

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I'm teaching a typography course this semester. There are multiple issues with how they handle type on the dash, including some areas being kerned horribly (or maybe just monospaced instead of proportional). And don't get me started about the decision to use Helvetica for the logo. Nothing screams "Rugged Off-Road!" like a clean, Swiss Design-inspired typeface.
Graphic Designer hereā€¦I understood ALL of that lol!!!!

You think they shouldā€™ve used a serif typeface instead?? šŸ¤£

They probably used Helvetica because of the web uses lolā€¦ keeping it simple I guess.

Which typeface would you have used? šŸ§
Sponsored