Now I’m worried

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I have been so excited as I have been planning to purchase a new Sahara with the one touch sliding top so I joined this forum to learn all I can about the Sahara. I know I’m just beginning to dive into all the posts but now I’m having second thoughts. First and foremost is the post about the Jeep that died in the road and all functions stopped working, on more that one occasion. I’m glad he is ok and was able to use his driving skills to divert a tragedy. But that would scare the crap out of me. Then there is the complaint about the squeaky sliding top. I’m thinking now I should just keep my Ridgeline. Any encouraging words? Thanks. From a first time post
Keep in mind, people come to forums to get help with issues. You will see nothing but issues on all forums. The jeep turning off isn’t every single jeep. I’d even bet that it happens more to other car companies nut you just don’t hear about it.
Just remember, every car forum will be almost always filled with problems and complaints because that is the main point of forums.
Hope you get it and as you will enjoy it!
Sponsored

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Resale is 70% after 3 years. Just sell it if a lemon?
This is the exact reason I went for a second Jeep rather than something else like a BMW or something. No more sitting at some sailsman"s desk and listening to him say "Your upside down ".

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I’m thinking now I should just keep my Ridgeline
As you should. Don’t you ever leave the Honda club. Never, never, ever, never. No.

/sarcasm

Do it. You now OBLIGATED to get a Wrangler. No if’s and or butts (except yours). In the driver’s seat. Do it. Now. Call your sales man and tell him you want to live.

SHOUT IT! And then put down a deposit. Do it do it do it do it do it.

Or don’t. But seriously, do it.

Willy's Commando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Sport, 2009 Challenger R/T, 2019 Dodge Hellcat, 2019 JLU Rubicon
I have been so excited as I have been planning to purchase a new Sahara with the one touch sliding top so I joined this forum to learn all I can about the Sahara. I know I’m just beginning to dive into all the posts but now I’m having second thoughts. First and foremost is the post about the Jeep that died in the road and all functions stopped working, on more that one occasion. I’m glad he is ok and was able to use his driving skills to divert a tragedy. But that would scare the crap out of me. Then there is the complaint about the squeaky sliding top. I’m thinking now I should just keep my Ridgeline. Any encouraging words? Thanks. From a first time post
Don’t let all those Debbie Downers scare you, I just ordered my third Jeep just today. They are great vehicles. PS I’ve had my sky one touchpower top on my current Jeep for 19 months never heard it squeak once or leak it’s a great option ordered it today on my new jeep.
Jeep Wrangler JL Now I’m worried 402371AA-69A0-4BA3-91DF-575B828B5079

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Make sure you get one of these
Jeep Wrangler JL Now I’m worried 1605836943707

Too bad Indiana has such limited military plates. Could get Vietnam Vet in other states.

Sponsored

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
In my family, son, brother and I we have had many jeeps from CJ, YJ, TJ, JK, and JL models. We sat down this week and tried to total the mileage we have racked up over the years. We know between the 3 of us we are well over a million miles. We have one 4cyl 1991 that is still driven every day with over 300,000 miles on the original motor, transmission, transfer case and axels. Have they had mechanical issues from time to time, yes of course they have but they always got fixed and put back in service.

If my old ass holds up and I am still able I will by the next model that comes down the pipe.
It should probably be illegal to have so much fun in a vehicle.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Note that he Sport and Rubicon have 17" wheels. The Sahara has 18" wheels - which means you cannot air down as much.

Fusilli Jerry

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (2.0T, 8spd)
for those who follow TFL car, truck, or off-road they ordered a brand new land rover and within 600 miles had a check Engine light on it. its been at the dealer for 5 weeks so far with out resolve. all brands have problems. no dealer is 100% when putting out hundreds of thousands of vehicles
That's simply amazing.

A LAND ROVER MADE IT 600 MILES BEFORE IT SHIT ITSELF?

I think that calls for a "JD Power" award.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, well, Land Rover is not exactly the epitome of reliability.

Sponsored

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Yeah, well, Land Rover is not exactly the epitome of reliability.
Their reputation is way worse than reality but they like to rush new tech to market and it has a way of flubbing up until they fix it. I have approx 200k miles on a few JLR products over the last 5years and have been very pleased with the reliability (and my next vehicle will probably be JLR) but this new Defender is having a rough launch. Most are finding them to be reliable but if you get a bad one - watch out it will come at you in a fury. Looking at the Defender but will wait until into 2021 to see if they can improve it.

MattLaurence

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport
I mean, depends on WHY you are buying a wrangler and how you plan to drive it. For someone like me who had never owned a Jeep prior to my 2019 JLU Sport, I initially wanted the off road capability and to have a fun machine that can be topless, doorless, etc and offer a wide range of driving experiences.
I daily drive my jeep, and have done for 53,000 miles to date. I've had issues, including dash cluster failure, random sensor failure, soft top ripped apart,, it got broken into, etc. All was covered by warranty (except for the break in), so its all good. Im well out of warranty now, so anything else that crops up will be my problem, but its the same with any car out of warranty.

Along all those miles I've put on the Jeep, my view of the Jeep has changed. It went from being my toy and daily driver to my workhorse. I use the winch often to pull trees,, cars,, my jeep, I tow things (cargo trailer for lumber, or camper), I have all the power i need to tackle crappy road conditions.

I used to not want even a single spec of dirt on the inside, now the floor mats have dog hair and mud all the time. I don't lose any sleep when I bottom out on rocks, or can only go up to 4th gear towing a heavy load.

It gets the job done, and it feels good to drive the more I drive it.

rvb

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab
My personal opinion, research the dealers service department. My 2019 Moab about 20 visits to dealer in first year of ownership and many issues not fixed. Finally found a quality dealer and service department an hour from home. They took it in and they usually about fixed everything, waiting on - part it will have been at the dealer 16 weeks but at least they have fixed every issue. QUOTE="mjindy, post: 1314521, member: 59286"]
[/QUOTE]

WhiskeyChick24

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I kid you not, that post scared the crap out of me too and has been on my mind a couple times a day since reading it. I take delivery of my very first Jeep/Wrangler in just about 4 hours and will be driving it 300 miles on the PA Turnpike next weekend. I’m sure that post will linger with me the entire trip. That said, God is good and will always take care of His own. So I’m going to side with the person below that mentioned all the Jeeps on the road that haven’t experienced such a tragic moment, and have faith my experience will fall within that category. But yes - that post did shake me up a bit. Okay, gotta run. My new baby will be here soon and I’ve got paperwork to review and sign. 🙌👍☺

96977E43-C5F3-4CA9-8783-4387C056CE40.jpeg

0AA65FEB-DEFB-4AD2-8D1B-BDBFA7E56A84.jpeg

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Omg. Better stay home in a bubble then.
Jeep owners take chances and enjoy the uh ohs with a smile. More reasons to mod.

My apologies for being cranky in my remark but seriously?
Sponsored