Now I’m worried

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
My wife makes me drive it some days because it slows me down and puts me a good mood. Says I cannot drive BMW anymore because they turn people into jerk drivers.
'Round these parts, it's the Audi drivers that need a good whippin'.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the graph set. They are based on responses from a small sampling of the owners out there and also those that are prone to filling out surveys.

Reliable is reliable. I made no comparison and no comparison was intended. My statement stands that Jeeps are reliable and safe.

But if you want personal comparison, here it is:
I have never owned a Honda - no issues just not interested in them. Yes to Nissan, Subaru, Toyota, BMW, Land Rover, Jaguar, Ford, Chevrolet, VW, and of course Jeeps. I have spent far more time in the shop with all the other brands than I have with the Jeeps. My Toyotas spent far more in the shop than my Land Rovers or Jags. Mile for mile, I have spent less money on the Jeeps (excluding mods). So to me the Jeep is up near the top. I must be an anomaly, because I put good miles on the ones that are at the bottom and have good results.

So again, you do not need to make a comparison to be able to state that the Jeep is reliable and safe.
:LOL::LOL::LOL: :LOL: :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Tellurian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I typed this beautiful response and when I read it aloud, people in earshot cried, colors became more vibrant, food more flavorful, and all of humanity started to become harmonized with nature.

Then I accidentally deleted it somehow and seem to have forgotten how it started...

Something about happiness from within... a Jeep representing something... there was a metaphor I plagiarized from Plato’s Allegory of the Cave... and I totally used the word “callipygian” correctly.

Welcome to the Jeep forum regardless of your purchase. The vast majority of us seem to love our Jeeps whether or not we’ve experienced issues and it’s a great bunch of folks.

No vehicle is perfect but some are a lot more fun than others and I believe the Wrangler falls in such a category. If I were in your shoes, I wouldn’t let a thread throw me off my plans to buy a Jeep unless there was a thread topic called Jeep Spontaneously Combusts, but oddly it only included several pages of partial sentences and members never signing back in.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I have been so excited as I have been planning to purchase a new Sahara with the one touch sliding top so I joined this forum to learn all I can about the Sahara. I know I’m just beginning to dive into all the posts but now I’m having second thoughts. First and foremost is the post about the Jeep that died in the road and all functions stopped working, on more that one occasion. I’m glad he is ok and was able to use his driving skills to divert a tragedy. But that would scare the crap out of me. Then there is the complaint about the squeaky sliding top. I’m thinking now I should just keep my Ridgeline. Any encouraging words? Thanks. From a first time post
Well you could stick with your Ridgeline and me made fun of (see below) OR you can get a Jeep have death wobble, bad paint, recalls, steering gear box replacements, leaky radiator, cam shaft positioning sensors leaking and be broke down on the side of the road with no power. BUT you'll have a smile on your face especially if you built it and wheel it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Now I’m worried 1605826247790

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I have been so excited as I have been planning to purchase a new Sahara with the one touch sliding top so I joined this forum to learn all I can about the Sahara. I know I’m just beginning to dive into all the posts but now I’m having second thoughts. First and foremost is the post about the Jeep that died in the road and all functions stopped working, on more that one occasion. I’m glad he is ok and was able to use his driving skills to divert a tragedy. But that would scare the crap out of me. Then there is the complaint about the squeaky sliding top. I’m thinking now I should just keep my Ridgeline. Any encouraging words? Thanks. From a first time post
just buy a used one with 20k+ miles on it so you know that it’s not going to die or blow up on you since it already made it that far without any issues. My little slut went through 27k miles of strangers before I saved her from the street meat life.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Nicky Pass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon 2.0T
if there is 250,000 Jeep Wrangler owners....you’ll hear 10-25 horror stories, not the other 99.8% of people that are enjoying their ride.

OP
OP
mjindy

mjindy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius (Wife’s); 2021 Sting Grey Willys Unlimited
Thank you to everyone with some great advise, some humor and some criticism. But I sincerely appreciate it very much. I’m a 74 yr old Vietnam combat veteran (USMC). I owned a 1946 Jeep back in the ‘70’s where you literally sit on the gas tank, I would have to left up the set to add gas. And I guess I never got it out of my system. So, thanks again for all the help, I’m back on track for a new Sahara To drive into my 80’s 😀

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Thank you to everyone with some great advise, some humor and some criticism. But I sincerely appreciate it very much. I’m a 74 yr old Vietnam combat veteran (USMC). I owned a 1946 Jeep back in the ‘70’s where you literally set on the gas tank, I would have to left up the set to add gas. And I guess I never got it out of my system. So, thanks again for all the help, I’m back on track for a new Sahara To drive into my 80’s 😀
A Marine, you should have led with that..no pansy assed Sahara has got the balls to let you down.

Jeep Wrangler JL Now I’m worried r_lee_ermey_the_gunny55370

Dgr401

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S - Granite Crystal
Occupation
Retired
Good luck with your Sahara and thank you for your service.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
WTH... why didn't you lead with you were a Marine who served in 'Nam?!?! I would have put the smarta$$ comments on the shelf, thanked you for your service and offered encouraging words :)

Sponsored

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
After making this purchase, I can honestly say I will always have at least one Wrangler in the garage, and I'll probably replace the Odyssey with a Grand Cherokee if they come out with a decent hybrid version down the road.
My second JLU Nacho will be here in a few weeks... I'm hoping to get a call any day now...

Markey-Mark50

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon, 19 911 Turbo S, 18 G63, 06 TJ, 04, TJ.
Vehicle Showcase
Good lunch with your Jeep, I don’t think you will ever regret your choice. I’m on number 11. I still own 3, one is a 21 with the sky view option, and two are older TJs one with almost 200k miles and the other with only 90k. Other than maintenance which I do on a very tight schedule all have been awesome. Maybe I’m lucky, or maybe overall they really are great vehicles for the right owner. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Resale is 70% after 3 years. Just sell it if a lemon?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you to everyone with some great advise, some humor and some criticism. But I sincerely appreciate it very much. I’m a 74 yr old Vietnam combat veteran (USMC). I owned a 1946 Jeep back in the ‘70’s where you literally sit on the gas tank, I would have to left up the set to add gas. And I guess I never got it out of my system. So, thanks again for all the help, I’m back on track for a new Sahara To drive into my 80’s 😀
Thank you for your service! We are all indebted to you!

Get yourself a Jeep and have some big fun with it. It'll serve you well and you deserve it!
Sponsored