Novice regarding tires and wheel sizes

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
When someone offers their Rubicon 'take offs' for sale...for instance KO2's....will that rubber fit on a Sahara wheel....or will I need to get Rubicon wheels? Sometimes I see them offered rubber only and sometimes mountain on Rubi wheels. Ok, I have donned my Asbestos suit and oxygen mask. Let em rip!
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
The Sahara wheels are 18", Rubicon wheels are 17". If you get a full Rubicon takeoff set they will fit the Sahara just fine. If you get Rubicon tires only you will have to get new 17" wheels.

The Rubicon wheels have the same offset as the Sahara (and Sport) sets so the tires won't stick out past the fender edge very much. Only downside is the Saharas and Sports have narrower axles so the wider tires tuck in closer to the inner suspension parts and may rub under full spring flex.

OP
OP
jeepdabest

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
The Sahara wheels are 18", Rubicon wheels are 17". If you get a full Rubicon takeoff set they will fit the Sahara just fine. If you get Rubicon tires only you will have to get new 17" wheels.

The Rubicon wheels have the same offset as the Sahara (and Sport) sets so the tires won't stick out past the fender edge very much. Only downside is the Saharas and Sports have narrower axles so the wider tires tuck in closer to the inner suspension parts and may rub under full spring flex.
Thanks for your reply!

OP
OP
jeepdabest

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara

Full spring flex...would that happen only under extreme off road conditions?