First Name
Deep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler North Edition
Occupation
Eng.
Hello, I have had my 2020 Sahara for a month now and noticed that no outside air comes in when the recirculation button is off (not lit). In previous cars, I would get a draft of outside air come in from the vents when the recirculation button was off and the fan not blowing. Does this not happen on the Wrangler?
Sponsored

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Hello, I have had my 2020 Sahara for a month now and noticed that no outside air comes in when the recirculation button is off (not lit). In previous cars, I would get a draft of outside air come in from the vents when the recirculation button was off and the fan not blowing. Does this not happen on the Wrangler?
No. Doesn't happen in any of the other vehicles I've ever had and driven. Which vehicle did you experience this in?

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
The only time I've ever had a draft come through a vehicle is if I had a window cracked open. My Wrangler is no different.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Just wait, drive down the highway for more than 40 minutes with the AC on and have someone sit in the passenger seat. About once per hour the passenger will get a nice hot, humid air draft from down in the footwell.

OP
OP
Deepc408

Deepc408

First Name
Deep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Eng.
I have owned a Infiniti G35, Honda Pilot, and Honda Accord. In all of them, if you have the air recirculation off, you feel a draft of outside air coming in, especially on the highway (higher speed)

Sponsored

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
I have owned a Infiniti G35, Honda Pilot, and Honda Accord. In all of them, if you have the air recirculation off, you feel a draft of outside air coming in, especially on the highway (higher speed)
Ok... haven't had those two brands.

BritishGuy

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue, 6sp. (SOLD)
Same here with a Mazda and VW.

I've also noticed that the Jeep never goes into Max A/C mode on it's own, even on the hottest of days down here in Houston. My previous cars would always jump between Max and regular mode.

OP
OP
Deepc408

Deepc408

First Name
Deep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Eng.
Same here with a Mazda and VW.

I've also noticed that the Jeep never goes into Max A/C mode on it's own, even on the hottest of days down here in Houston. My previous cars would always jump between Max and regular mode.
Agreed. Not sure why the outside air draft doesnt come in when the recirculation button is turned off.

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
My JLU doesn't let any air through the ventilation when the fan is set to off (previous Jeep was the same). I've always assumed that was on purpose (to keep out dust and odors when wanted), and maybe because the outside air is routed through the cabin air filter.

When I want outside air, I set the fan on low, the temp on climate control to a low setting (no Auto, no AC), and I get outside air.

At least that's what I think is happening - the climate control system is not all that intuitive.
Sponsored