Notice new weather strip inside front doors along windshield

locknload10

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara JL
I just noticed New weather strip on the inside of a 2022 Unlimited wrangler on the driver side and passenger side. The weather strip is secured to the front post near the wind shield and runs downwards. Is this for noise purpose? I have had my 2019 wrangler in and they have put new rubber seals on my doors. Just curious if this is a fix for that issue? Would this be an option I could do? Thanks for you input.

Jeep Wrangler JL Notice new weather strip inside front doors along windshield Jee
Sponsored

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
That's my only gripe about the wrangler. My last Jeep 2018 JL always leaked air or water through the door seals.

OP
OP
locknload10

locknload10

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara JL
That's my only gripe about the wrangler. My last Jeep 2018 JL always leaked air or water through the door seals.
Maybe this is a fix. I have no clue why its on there. Hopefully someone knows.

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
Hmmm. Dealer installing new door seals when in for unrelated service? Anybody know about a relevant new TSB?

Thanks!

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I just noticed New weather strip on the inside of a 2022 Unlimited wrangler on the driver side and passenger side. The weather strip is secured to the front post near the wind shield and runs downwards. Is this for noise purpose? I have had my 2019 wrangler in and they have put new rubber seals on my doors. Just curious if this is a fix for that issue? Would this be an option I could do? Thanks for you input.

Jeep Wrangler JL Notice new weather strip inside front doors along windshield Jee
Do you have a picture not taken outside of a brothel? ;)

Sponsored

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
My 2021 JLUR has it too. They added that with the 2021s. Helps a little but not completely.

OP
OP
locknload10

locknload10

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara JL
My 2021 JLUR has it too. They added that with the 2021s. Helps a little but not completely.
I appreciate the response! Was hoping that would make a difference. Trust me I know its a JEEP and its not quiet!

Last edited:

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
Huh. I don't remember seeing that on my '21. I'll have to look after work.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I appreciate the response! Was hoping that would make a difference. Trust me I know its a JEEP and its not quite!
I owned a few other Wranglers so I understand they are not very quiet compared to other vehicles. I think they are getting better with NVH every new model year. I wonder what changed with the 2022 model year? I am not sure what actually contributed to it but my 2022 is definitely an improvement in terms of wind noise and ambient noise. My 2022 is my quietest Wrangler to date.

I had a '19 JLR 2.0T eTorque and own a '22 JLR 3.6 eTorque now. Both totally stock. I just got back from a 2K mile road trip. I noticed the 2022 is much quieter than the previous 2019 I owned. Much has to do with the engine. 3.6 is a quieter engine, no doubt about it. My 2022 is noticeably quieter all around. I am surprised by how much less wind noise the 2022 has compared to my old 2019. That new or redesigned door seal might have something to do with it? I wondered if the 2022s had redesigned door seals, door fit, hard top seals, hard top fit or if the Gorilla Glass windshield had anything to do with the reduced wind and road noise? My door fit is definitely tighter. Or the door seals are thicker or different. It definitely takes a little more effort to make sure the door is closed fully. I have to pull or slam the doors much harder when I close them. Otherwise I will see the door ajar light.

Last edited:

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
I've noticed the same thing. The wife's '20 w/ the 2.0L has more engine noise than my '21 3.6L, and the '20 also has more wind noise than my '21. My '21 is much more enjoyable to drive.
Sponsored