Front Before; 35 3/4"
Front After: 36 1/2" (.75" gain)
I assume if it were not for the added weight of the steel bumper and winch that it would be just about level front and back.. Much, much better now...
Front before: 35 3/4"
Front After: 36 1/2
Rubicon Rock Rails were only $140? Did you buy them as take-offs (used)?Just keeping track for myself...
Warn Stubby Bumper: $600
Warn VR8-S: $600 (price was $670 but I had a 10% coupon)
Install bumper and winch: $350
Total for bumper, winch and install: $1550
Rubicon Wheels: $600
Duratrac 255/75R17 Tires: $915 (after rebate)
Sold my stock tires and wheels for $575
Total for the wheel and tire upgrade: $940
Rough Country .75" Front Leveling Kit: $30
Install Leveling Kit: $110
Total for leveling kit and install: $140
Rubicon Rock Rails: $140
Gas Filler Cover: $95
Door Sill Guards: $60
Rampage Extended Bikini Top: $100
AntennaX 13": $15
Total spent as of 06-27-18 on upgrades: $3,040
Did you install these yet? If so, I'd love to see pictures.Saw these available on Ebay, I'm going to give them a shot. Been waiting for something like this to come on the market, thought i would share the find.
How are you liking the Duratrac tires so far? How are they on pavement/highways? Fairly quiet?I have a 2018 JL Sport Unlimited and will be adding a few things as time ticks onward. I'll mainly use this thread to keep track of my progress. If you are looking for a pimped out rock crawler, this thread will not be for you :P
I mainly drive city roads and once a month or so I'll take it off road on easy to moderate trails. Nothing extreme.
- 06-04-2018 - Purchased
- 06-06-2018 - Ordered Warn Elite Stubby Bumper
- 06-06-2018 - Ordered Warn VR8-S Winch
- 06-10-2018 - Picked up a set of take off JL Rubicon Wheels
- 06-11-2018 - Scored a local set of take off JL Rubicon Rock Rails
- 06-11-2018 - Ordered Gas filler door
Photo at purchase (06-04-2018)
- Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac 255/75/R17
- Not a huge upgrade but I've decided on these since I do not want to lift and the stock Rubicon tires look a little sandwiched to me when put on a Sport. These will only be about a half inch taller and slightly wider than the stock tires but they do look a bit more aggressive.
I'll add more photos and info as I go along.
Install dates for ordered items thus far
I should have a more complete looking Jeep by Friday (06-15-2018) evening as the only item missing will be the gas filler door.
- 06-13-2018: Warn Stubby Bumper
- 06-14-2018: 255/75R17 Tires and Rubicon Wheels
- 06-15-2018: Warn Winch and Rubicon Rock Rails
- 06-19-2017: Gas Filler Door (as long as it arrives as scheduled)
Warn VR8-S winch, Warn Elite Stubby bumper and Goodyear Duratrac 255/75R15 tires along with Rubicon wheels added.
Rubicon Rock Rails getting picked up and slapped on Friday and Fuel Filler Door is scheduled for delivery on Tuesday..
Warn Winch and Warn Bumper:
Goodyear 255/75R17 Duratrac Tires and Rubicon Wheels: