Sponsored

Nother newbie question

Vstarjewel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 Door Sport Wrangler
What my post should have said.... :blush:

I began the process looking for a new Jeep and read a lot about custom-ordered Wranglers. I assume that I would have to work with a dealership on that, but would that negate any discounts they might give me? I assume yes because they'd rather get a Jeep off their lot versus order one. Curious as to other people's experiences. I'm seeing a dealer about a Jeep they have on their lot, turns out that they are on this forums best dealer list...yay!

For those of you that were gracious enough to read and comment on my post and not razz me... you're a better person than I am :LOL:. Boy, it was hot mess! I will keep reading stuff here...a LOT to take in :whew:
Sponsored

Last edited:

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL Rubicon - Black
Occupation
Retired Air Force - Currently in my Dream Job
Check it out... See if it has the options you like and go from there! Hope it goes well for you

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
I begin the process of looking for a new Jeep and read a lot about custom-ordered Wranglers. I assume that I was beat with a dealership about that, but would that negate any discounts they might give me? I assume yes because I'd rather get a cheap off their lot versus order one. Curious as to other people's experiences. I'm seeing a dealer about a Jeep they have on their lot, turns out that they are on this forums best dealer list...yay!
Due to other circumstances I bought off the lot. General consensus from what I've read here though is you can get a better deal when ordering since they figure they'll sell their inventory without having to deal as much. But that can vary from dealer to dealer.

The lust for instant gratifications does come with a price... :like:

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Due to other circumstances I bought off the lot. General consensus from what I've read here though is you can get a better deal when ordering since they figure they'll sell their inventory without having to deal as much. But that can vary from dealer to dealer.

The lust for instant gratifications does come with a price... :like:
If you are happy with your deal that is the important part. Looking at others deals after you get yours is just frustrating. :headbang:

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
If you are happy with your deal that is the important part. Looking at others deals after you get yours is just frustrating. :headbang:
Our circumstances required an off-the-lot purchase. Did we get the best deal? I seriously doubt it. Do I LOVE the Jeep? Abso-freakin-lutely! :clap:

Sponsored

shutamouth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I begin the process of looking for a new Jeep and read a lot about custom-ordered Wranglers. I assume that I was beat with a dealership about that, but would that negate any discounts they might give me? I assume yes because I'd rather get a cheap off their lot versus order one. Curious as to other people's experiences. I'm seeing a dealer about a Jeep they have on their lot, turns out that they are on this forums best dealer list...yay!
I’d recommend going to look at the one that caught your eye. Generally lowest deals are on custom orders, but many times dealers match that price off the lot. Please read some of the threads about under invoice pricing before you go to the dealership so you know what you can expect re: pricing.

Good luck, it’s great.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Right now there are still tons of leftover 2018’s still sitting on the lot. They will likely net you the best deal.
Sponsored