Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR 4xE, '15 Outback, '09 FZ1
Anyone try pressing the fob to the start button while pushing the brake pedal? If that works, replace battery in fob.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Went to start up my JLR today, Key-Fob in pocket, foot on the break pedal, hit the button nothing. Dash has usual message, foot on break push start. The thing was the break pedal would not move, hard as I pushed, nothing. Got out hit the Remote Start, started right up, turned it off got back in stared up as usual, everything back to normal.
WTF......
Since the engine did not start, the brake pedal got hard because the brake vacuum booster was depleted of its vacuum. Once the engine starts, the booster resumes normal operation.

Too Much Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One
Well if you are at all aware of the auto market and manufacturing.... the days of a vehicle being of county “X” is nearly impossible now. Global market for everything. Either tooling, or equipment, or engineering, component manufacturing, material.... the list goes on and on.

Not saying it is a bad thing at all. Just reality.
It’s a bad thing. Think Takata as the latest debacle. If there were numerous manufacturers of airbags it would not have been the cluster fuck it became.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
It’s a bad thing. Think Takata as the latest debacle. If there were numerous manufacturers of airbags it would not have been the cluster fuck it became.
Over a period of time, we received a multitude of postcards and letters that advised us of the ostensibly urgent need to replace the original front driver and passenger airbag modules in our two Hondas. As the vehicles were years old by then, I simply deferred having said replacements attended to until I had to go to the dealer for the annual safety and emission inspections.

I do recall the dealer struggling to maintain sufficient inventory, and us having to return once because one particular module that was supposed to be in stock, wasn't.

A mild cluster, yes.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Over a period of time, we received a multitude of postcards and letters that advised us of the ostensibly urgent need to replace the original front driver and passenger airbag modules in our two Hondas. As the vehicles were years old by then, I simply deferred having said replacements attended to until I had to go to the dealer for the annual safety and emission inspections.

I do recall the dealer struggling to maintain sufficient inventory, and us having to return once because one particular module that was supposed to be in stock, wasn't.

A mild cluster, yes.
The Takata airbag scandal —and ensuing bankruptcy— has hit Japanese automakers hard, and Honda in particular. Honda has had to pay out of pocket for most of those very expensive retrofits. And there’s growing evidence that Honda has cut corners elsewhere to recoup some of that money.

Between those faulty airbags, the trouble-prone ZF 9-speed automatic transmission it uses on Acuras and high-end Hondas, and Honda’s never-ending issues with its infotainment system, Honda’s standing on the reliability charts has fallen dramatically from its former glory.

Jeep Wrangler JL Not Starting Jeep "THING" 1600882387141

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Went to start up my JLR today, Key-Fob in pocket, foot on the break pedal, hit the button nothing. Dash has usual message, foot on break push start. The thing was the break pedal would not move, hard as I pushed, nothing. Got out hit the Remote Start, started right up, turned it off got back in stared up as usual, everything back to normal.
WTF......
This has happened to me a couple of times. Whilst sitting in the Jeep, I lock it using the fob and then unlock it. The Jeep starts no problem after that.
Hello, we are sorry to hear that you are having this concern with your Jeep. We recommend bringing this to the attention of your dealer for additional support if needed. In the future, do not hesitate to reach out to our team privately for additional assistance during your dealer visit.

Kathryn
JeepCares

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
this happened to my wife yesterday. dealer couldn't recreate it today and no codes were thrown. they opened a case for it tho so they could monitor it, but without much to go on it's wait and see if it happens again. if it does hopefully she/we have the sense to analyze it a little better and it just not be an "oh shit, get it going" kinda thing.

OP
OP
DCerveza

DCerveza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20200 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
The brake pedal 'Thang' has not happened again but I randomly get No Key Fob Detected when it's in my pocket. Does not stop me from starting and driving.

HDinkH

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2.0
WTF......
I had the exact same thing happen to my Jeep. Three different times it wouldn't start and the break was hard. It sat at the dealership for weeks and they could not duplicate the issue. After the third time (along with being in the shop 8 times with other unresolved issues) I drove it to Carmax and dumped it. 6,066 miles on it. (FCA did NOTHING to help) :swear: :angry:

Sponsored

HDinkH

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2.0
I reported this years ago. Just have to push the brake pedal harder.

Definitely threw me off when it happened when the Jeep was new!
NO amount of "pushing the brake pedal harder" started my Jeep.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I had the exact same thing happen to my Jeep. Three different times it wouldn't start and the break was hard. It sat at the dealership for weeks and they could not duplicate the issue. After the third time (along with being in the shop 8 times with other unresolved issues) I drove it to Carmax and dumped it. 6,066 miles on it. (FCA did NOTHING to help) :swear: :angry:
Does that mean you are now Jeep-less?
Sponsored