Sponsored

Not Starting Jeep "THING"

Deleted member 53226

Went to start up my JLR today, Key-Fob in pocket, foot on the break pedal, hit the button nothing. Dash has usual message, foot on break push start. The thing was the break pedal would not move, hard as I pushed, nothing. Got out hit the Remote Start, started right up, turned it off got back in stared up as usual, everything back to normal.
WTF......
Hello there my friend, and welcome to Chrysler, I mean Fiat, or Fiat Chrysler whatever. Yes, gremlins do exist, and they love jeeps. They really used to love Fiats back in the 70's and 80's before Fiat shut down. Now the gremlims get both.

Jeep Wrangler JL Not Starting Jeep "THING" 1600560751571
Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
This happens to me sometimes, you just need to put more ass behind pushing the brake pedal down. You were probably real close to pushing it hard enough.
Sounds like what I tell my wife when I have to open a jar for her. "Here ya go hun. You almost had it."

Thinman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Rebel 12 and...... a 2012 Prius
Happens from time to time in my Ram as well as the Jeep. Every time it has happened, all I have done is re-positioned the keyfob (take it out and back in pocket) and it has started next try.

i've always just figured the soviets spys in the neighborhood were pumping me with too much radiation on those days

:captain:

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Expedition, Escape
Went to start up my JLR today, Key-Fob in pocket, foot on the break pedal, hit the button nothing. Dash has usual message, foot on break push start. The thing was the break pedal would not move, hard as I pushed, nothing. Got out hit the Remote Start, started right up, turned it off got back in stared up as usual, everything back to normal.
WTF......
Doors on or off? When you take your doors off, and lock it, there are no doors to unlock so it thinks it is still in 'lock' mode - as in no one unlocked the door and got in. You have to 'unlock' the door to get it started. Remote start requires locked doors - so suspect you had no doors on.

Sponsored

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
I guarantee that there are Magneti Marelli parts on every FCA vehicle.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
It's a "Jeep Thang"!!!!

OP
OP
DCerveza

DCerveza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20200 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
I'll put more ass into next time.

That's what she said.....

Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
WTF......
I reported this years ago. Just have to push the brake pedal harder.

Definitely threw me off when it happened when the Jeep was new!

DigitalDiem

First Name
Capn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
WTF......
I have found if my fob is in my pocket with my cell phone I get the same thing.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

this is all because of the break peddle pressure was to high to hit the switch that reads the sensor
Sponsored