Not Starting Jeep "THING"

DCerveza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20200 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Went to start up my JLR today, Key-Fob in pocket, foot on the break pedal, hit the button nothing. Dash has usual message, foot on break push start. The thing was the break pedal would not move, hard as I pushed, nothing. Got out hit the Remote Start, started right up, turned it off got back in stared up as usual, everything back to normal.
WTF......
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Went to start up my JLR today, Key-Fob in pocket, foot on the break pedal, hit the button nothing. Dash has usual message, foot on break push start. The thing was the break pedal would not move, hard as I pushed, nothing. Got out hit the Remote Start, started right up, turned it off got back in stared up as usual, everything back to normal.
WTF......
Technically, nothing involving technology really qualifies to be a "Jeep thing." At least to those of us that owned Jeeps long before push button starts, ESS, or even power windows.

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Still miss those half doors.....
Agreed. My 2021 Sport build is comparatively modest, but I was ready and willing to tick the Half Doors option on the order sheet...had said option existed. Their continued absence remains a mystery.

It's quite a 180Ā° turn from the day when I purchased my new YJ. Half doors and soft windows were the order of the day; so-called real doors were an optional upcharge.

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
Steering wheel locked??
I've had that happen on old cars with a twist start key. Never had that happen on a push button start vehicle. Is that a thing anymore?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
WTF......
This happens to me sometimes, you just need to put more ass behind pushing the brake pedal down. You were probably real close to pushing it hard enough.

pipincan

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 2.0L North Edition *Bikini Pearl*
This has happened to me a couple of times. Whilst sitting in the Jeep, I lock it using the fob and then unlock it. The Jeep starts no problem after that.

Sponsored

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Italians are known for making good pasta, not good electronics... :CWL:
And itā€™s all manufactured in the US, with parts from the US, Canada, Mexico, and China. What is Italian in it?

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Our Jeep wouldnā€™t unlock with proximity or using my wifeā€™s remote the other. She can on the house and used mine with no problem. After that she had no more issues with hers. Sometimes I wonder if cars arenā€™t running Windows 98, lol

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
And itā€™s all manufactured in the US, with parts from the US, Canada, Mexico, and China. What is Italian in it?
Clearly you havenā€™t been keeping up with the news of the past...12 or so years...

Letā€™s see, the 2.0 is an Alfa Romeo motor; the EcoDiesel is a VM Motori engine, also Italian. The 2.0 motor was added primarily to circumvent overseas taxation based on engine displacement; ESS was added primarily to satisfy European environmental regulations. The new bumpers, hood and roll cage were designed to meet stricter European safety standards. And the list goes on and on.

Never mind that 80% of Jeep sales and 75% of total global profits continue to come from North America.

When Fiat ā€œmergedā€ with Chrysler, it replaced the latterā€™s quality control processes with Fiatā€™s own WCM (World Class Manufacturing) processes. The rest is now history...

Last edited:

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Well if you are at all aware of the auto market and manufacturing.... the days of a vehicle being of county ā€œXā€ is nearly impossible now. Global market for everything. Either tooling, or equipment, or engineering, component manufacturing, material.... the list goes on and on.

Not saying it is a bad thing at all. Just reality.
Sponsored