First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JLU
Occupation
Operations manager
I saw that this was a new forum sponsor on the vendor marketplace. I reached out for a new set of Black Rhino wheels. They were quick to respond and did give a good price and added another small discount when I sent them the quote number(still about $50 higher than a competing site). Then I found out that they sell tires at Cheaptiresasap.com. I reached out to have one combined purchase of 5 wheels and 5 tires. I wanted the Falken Wild Peaks in a 275/70/15. The price they quoted did not seem like a great deal for the combined $2,300 purchase. When I told them that I found the tires cheaper on Amazon by almost $30per tire, they tried to persuade me to purchase just the wheels. They said it would be easier for them to have the wheels drop shipped from the manufacturer versus waiting for the wheels and tires to get there plus having to mount and balance them. I was not wanting to do that. I can put them on myself, if they come mounted and balanced. I was asked to provide a link to the Amazon price which I did. They came back, promptly, with their best offer. It was to send me the wheels and tires separately for $125 more than if I purchased the wheels from MrWheeldeal.com and tires from Amazon. This made no sense to me and does not seem like a very competitive offer. In the end, I will not be spending $2300 with WheelsAsap.com. I will find a different small business to support.
Sponsored

OP
OP

SteelerJeep

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JLU
Occupation
Operations manager
Sounds like you don't want to support a small business, you want to support Amazon.
When your sole business is wheels and tires, you should be able to get much closer than $30 per tire. Especially if you are an online business and selling a package deal. That was my point! I appreciate your inference though.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
That's what, $150 more than amazon for 5 tires, out of your $2300 estimate thats a 6.5% difference? Mounting and balancing tires is included in that price, yes? So why would you expect the cost to be less than ordering from a multinational trillion dollar corporation and a second company?

OP
OP

SteelerJeep

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JLU
Occupation
Operations manager
That's what, $150 more than amazon for 5 tires, out of your $2300 estimate thats a 6.5% difference? Mounting and balancing tires is included in that price, yes? So why would you expect the cost to be less than ordering from a multinational trillion dollar corporation and a second company?
It did not include mounting and balancing. That is what made the difference. If it had, I would have gladly purchased.

Sponsored

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
I saw that this was a new forum sponsor on the vendor marketplace. I reached out for a new set of Black Rhino wheels. They were quick to respond and did give a good price and added another small discount when I sent them the quote number(still about $50 higher than a competing site). Then I found out that they sell tires at Cheaptiresasap.com. I reached out to have one combined purchase of 5 wheels and 5 tires. I wanted the Falken Wild Peaks in a 275/70/15. The price they quoted did not seem like a great deal for the combined $2,300 purchase. When I told them that I found the tires cheaper on Amazon by almost $30per tire, they tried to persuade me to purchase just the wheels. They said it would be easier for them to have the wheels drop shipped from the manufacturer versus waiting for the wheels and tires to get there plus having to mount and balance them. I was not wanting to do that. I can put them on myself, if they come mounted and balanced. I was asked to provide a link to the Amazon price which I did. They came back, promptly, with their best offer. It was to send me the wheels and tires separately for $125 more than if I purchased the wheels from MrWheeldeal.com and tires from Amazon. This made no sense to me and does not seem like a very competitive offer. In the end, I will not be spending $2300 with WheelsAsap.com. I will find a different small business to support.
Why are you putting 15” rims on your jeep?

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
they tried to persuade me to purchase just the wheels.
If the price was worth it, I would have done just the wheels alone.
Sounds like you don't want to support a small business, you want to support Amazon.
Yes.
When your sole business is wheels and tires, you should be able to get much closer than $30 per tire. Especially if you are an online business and selling a package deal.
I didn’t realize @mwilk012 business is wheels and tires? This sounds like you’re offering him business advice - are you consulting for him?

OP
OP

SteelerJeep

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JLU
Occupation
Operations manager
If the price was worth it, I would have done just the wheels alone.
Yes.
I also stated that another site, Mrwheeldeal.com beat his wheel quote by $45. So, it was not worth purchasing just the wheels.

I didn’t realize @mwilk012 business is wheels and tires? This sounds like you’re offering him business advice - are you consulting for him?
Business advice? He is the one that posted on the forum that he has a tire business: see quote from his post below and a picture of the thread title.

We also have our tire only website CheapTiresASAP where we offer premium brand tire options at a very reasonable price and have a 1 to 2 day shipping average.

17316663-22D2-4120-862A-A199F4B327B6.jpeg

Sponsored

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
So the reason for your attempted name and shame post is because you found something slightly cheaper somewhere else?

Do you expect everything to cost exactly the same down to the cent everywhere like in a communist country? In that case everyone would be taking the bus or a train too you know, not owning Jeeps or even their own house.

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
I don't get it. If you don't like the prices, why not just shop somewhere else?

Smaller companies sometimes do not sell enough volume to make a profit on thin margins. Maybe these are the profit margins they need to stay in business. Who knows?

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Understand what you’re saying but I’ve had nothing but a great experience with wheelsasap.com. This whole pandemic has thrown all sellers, suppliers, and buyers into some form of chaos or another . I know our 1st world problems tell us we have to have it now, but a little patience and grace goes a long way.

In my experience, communication was excellent and they found the wheels I was looking for when no one else had them. Fast and easy transaction to my door.

I will be reaching out to them first for my next set without question.

Good luck in your search.

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Exactly. If they are not big enough to compete on price, they need to compete on better customer service or superior product knowledge or something else.
Sponsored