Sponsored

Not happy with my pieced together lift any suggestions?

junglemaster

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport S 6 Speed
Hey guys I'm not happy with my setup. After doing much reading and research thinking I had the right way to go I did my lift, and it sags 1 inch in the front. Now I'm wishing I went with the Dynatrac Enduro but I didn't even know about it until after I got all my parts together. What a major headache... grass always seems greener on the other side??? I don't want to have to add another 1/2 spacer and now thinking spacers suck and wasn't the way to go.

I have a 2018 JLUS soft top 6 speed. The dark sport fenders and white rubi fenders are both post lift in the pics.

I picked up a takeoff Rubicon suspension set up that was for a hard top Rubicon with plastic bumpers (didn't realize it was plastic until I drove over an hour to pick it up).

Then I figured if I was gonna do the lift anyway I might as well upgrade the shocks.

I got Fox 2.0 IFP 0-1.5 inch shocks with a teraflex 1.5 spacer lift with the stock Rubi springs. I added the longer Mopar LCA at the same time. It feels good, but the rake is now 1 inch and its half inch lower on the right side. All lop sided.

I have RUBI steel bumpers front and rear with a warn VR Evo winch. It rides okay can handle speed bumps better than before and corners okay but the rake is bothering me and I don't want to add more spacers.

At this point I think I just want to swap out the springs since the labor won't cost much on that. Any suggestions on how to fix this? I was thinking to remove the stock springs and spacers and get 2 inch springs? Will that be okay as the shocks are rated for 0-1.5 lift. I have stock rubi wheels (I love them) and just recently added rubi painted hi line fenders. Want to make my car have some good clearance and be good in the mud and tough trails no rock climbing and didn't want to have a skate board wobbling on the highway. Now I'm kicking myself and thinking I should rip it all off and put an Enduro 2" kit on it. All that wasted time and money... sucks but it is what it is. This is the hardest single mod to make everyone happy I guess we all have different expectations. Now I need to find a band aid for this, new springs only perhaps?

20200320_162303.jpg

20200320_162308.jpg

20200324_172425.jpg

View attachment 304567

20200406_103941.jpg
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Buy Synergy starter kit and install it.

You can DIY it all, or get springs done and DIY the rest.

Can reuse your Fox shocks as well as it comes with shock extensions.

Edit: can also keep your Mopar LCA's with the Synergy starter kit.

Last edited:

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hey - agree with above - you will want to run a 1 or 1.5 inch stock extension if you want to keep those 0 - 1.5 foxs and add 2 inch springs - otherwise you will either limit you travel or damage your shocks.

2 inch springs -
Synergy
Eibach
Dynatrac
Rancho
Rustys (made by Eibach)

The Mopar LCA are not adjustable so not ideal for getting your alignment ( particularly your caster ) where you want it. you can probably get it into spec zone but wont be able to tweak it.

I would recommend the rear adjustable LCA as well - i can kinda see from one of your pictures your rear wheels are to far forward.

Don't know which sway bar end links you are running but the stock sport ones are not long enough and with 2 inch springs (remember those 2 inch springs are measured off a Rubicon almost always - so you will get more than 2 inches, probably 3.5) so i doubt the Rubi end links are long enough either. OH, And neither is your front control arm.

Sorry - but if you want it right.. just trying to help. good luck

OP
OP
junglemaster

junglemaster

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the feedback it helps a lot! I have JKS front sway bar disconnects 0-2 inch but rear is stock. Do you recommend getting longer ones for the rear like synergy? Its like if you touch one thing the whole dammed thing shifted. Touching suspension on this jeep is like stepping in dog shit, no matter how you side step you still stepped in shit now.

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
think of it this way - your springs, sway bar and links and control arms form kinda a triangle at the axle. If you go UP and you want to keep the wheels and alignment correct them all that other stuff needs to get a little longer.. keep the triangle in proportion, if you will.

Sponsored

OP
OP
junglemaster

junglemaster

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is the one inch rake a bad thing? Otherwise the ride seems good. I am not sure even touching the suspension will make it better or worse. Will this rake come in handy when I load the back with gear?

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Is the one inch rake a bad thing? Otherwise the ride seems good. I am not sure even touching the suspension will make it better or worse. Will this rake come in handy when I load the back with gear?
The rake hurts nothing. Stock jeeps have a rake. Actually helps with aerodynamics/MPG.

Personally, I think your jeep looks fine. If it rides well, I'd keep it the way it is.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
The rake hurts nothing. Stock jeeps have a rake. Actually helps with aerodynamics/MPG.

Personally, I think your jeep looks fine. If it rides well, I'd keep it the way it is.
After I stalled my steel bumper and winch, my front dropped 1/2" and I have a rake. Doesn't really bother me. I debated adding a puck up front but once you load the rear, it would squat. I don't think rake is bad.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I've got takeoff Rubicon springs that were removed about 10k after being bought new. I've got hardtop, factory steal bumpers front and rear, and the factory tow package. I believe that combination of options gets the highest spring rate.

Edited to add: Forgot to point out that I'm your neighbor out on long island, so they're yours if you want to take a ride out.

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
.... with the stock Rubi springs. I added the longer Mopar LCA at the same time. It feels good, but the rake is now 1 inch and its half inch lower on the right side. All lop sided.......
IIRC there were other people who had issues with one side being higher than the other. As I recall it was a matter of switching the springs and/or shocks from one side to the other. I think they are side specific (different part numbers too I think).
Anyone else remember reading that?

virginia_is_for_rubis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I think the Jeep looks fine the way it is. If you don't like it, would also recommend getting the Synergy starter kit and use the shock extensions the kit comes with, but you're definitely gonna need bigger tires to fill the wheelwell.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
IIRC there were other people who had issues with one side being higher than the other. As I recall it was a matter of switching the springs and/or shocks from one side to the other. I think they are side specific (different part numbers too I think).
Anyone else remember reading that?
Yes Rubi springs are side specific.

OP
OP
junglemaster

junglemaster

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Carlton, thank you for the info. I did read about that with the aerodynamis/MPG. I was mainly concerned I am losing some up travel if the spring is compressed more than it should be.

OP
OP
junglemaster

junglemaster

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After I stalled my steel bumper and winch, my front dropped 1/2" and I have a rake. Doesn't really bother me. I debated adding a puck up front but once you load the rear, it would squat. I don't think rake is bad.
The teraflex spacer kit is 2 inch in front and 1.5 rear. So its already .5 inch taller and with the 1 inch droop it means the front end is 1.5 lower with the steel bumper and winch. I think if I had a higher spring numbers in the front such as rubi springs with steel bumper and hardtop, then it might level it out better. What do you think? Im concerned about losing up travel as I have been going over some large speed bumps around my way at 50mph to test (rated at 15mph) late at night, and noticed the front end did feel heavy. But I am also thinking maybe its because I have the soft top as well? Maybe if I had a hard top it would feel more balanced? Theres so many maybies its hard to tell...
Sponsored