Sponsored

Not electrical savvy. Can this run off the back 12v plug?

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
It includes a DC adapter, so it should.

ā€»ć€HOME & CAR USE怑Work on 12/24V DC and 110V AC power source. A DC power cord and AC power cord are included in the original packing.

Package IncludedDC and AC Adapter
Great. Next, will it pop fuses and how long to drain battery?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

will it pop fuses?
I don't see why it would. The DC/lighter adapter should be fused. If anything blows, that should go first.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I found this on the Amps.
Jeep Wrangler JL Not electrical savvy. Can this run off the back 12v plug? 5DC3EB44-9771-4215-BCF9-955A3FE4E005
You'll be fine.

You sure you don't want a bigger one? I have a 30L Alpicool personally, it keeps us good for a few days when camping or enough room for a good grilling session at the beach. I don't generally let it run on the Jeep overnight (I have a rigged portable battery pack and solar panel), but other people seem to.

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
You'll be fine.

You sure you don't want a bigger one? I have a 30L Alpicool personally, it keeps us good for a few days when camping or enough room for a good grilling session at the beach. I don't generally let it run on the Jeep overnight (I have a rigged portable battery pack and solar panel), but other people seem to.
I have a nice cooler but Iā€™m playing with the idea of a fridge. I just donā€™t want all the headache of an extra battery, splicing, extra wires, a mount, etc. That and I know my wife is near the end of the rope with spending on this upcoming trip.

Iā€™d like to know I wonā€™t hurt anything if I left it plugged in 24/7, maybe going 8 hrs overnight with no charging system.

Sponsored

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a nice cooler but Iā€™m playing with the idea of a fridge. I just donā€™t want all the headache of an extra battery, splicing, extra wires, a mount, etc. That and I know my wife is near the end of the rope with spending on this upcoming trip.

Iā€™d like to know I wonā€™t hurt anything if I left it plugged in 24/7, maybe going 8 hrs overnight with no charging system.
All the coolers I've looked at have battery protection, so the likelihood of waking up to a dead battery is pretty slim. I have personally let mine run all night a couple of times for overnight camping trips.

If you use the starting battery for something like this and drain it down, it will wear out faster. Super YMMV kind of thing. Deep cycle or lithium batteries are better built for this kind of stuff.

No reason to do all the wiring and crap. Either get a battery pack like Jackery or DIY your own. I have a 35ah deep cycle AGM battery with a solar controller and some 12V outlets that run my fridge and stuff around camp. Works fine and only cost me around $200 panel and all. That Jackery mentioned above would probably be great.

Having had a compressor fridge, I will never go back to a regular cooler again. It's just so nice not having to deal with ice and my beer is always perfectly cold.

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Word to the wise, if you buy something like a Jackery, use the 12V DC plug, not the AC plug. The DC->AC conversion wastes power.

srt20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue

I have ICECO VL45 I leave in Jeep plugged in and on from time I leave for trip until time I get home. Has no problem going 10+hrs with engine off.
Used it in my Durango with 7 yr old OEM battery same way as well.
I love these fridges, so much better than Yeti crap.
Sponsored