Sponsored

Not another post! Day 1 with the 4XE High Altitude:

StanleyCup99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler wannabe
Picked up my 4XE High Altitude today.

I figured I would take a minute and throw out some brief thoughts and pics like some other peeps.

4 door 4XE High Altitude
Granite Crystal Metallic
Sky top
Cold weather group, which has heated front seats and remote start
High altitude includes lots of body color parts such as fenders and bumpers, as well as the safety group and remote proximity keyless entry

So on the looks, I am loving the overall “clean” look with the blacked out rims and the body color components listed above. It gives the Jeep kind of a stealthy look! I originally priced out a Rubicon 4XE with body color fenders, bumpers, etc added separately and I think that was around $150 less so I feel it was worth it to get the high altitude package for that $150 extra which has the keyless entry and the safety group! Going the other way with the Rubicon would have allowed me more color options though, as the high altitude package colors are limited.

Also, I can confirm that the tow hooks on both the front and rear are that electric blue, almost chief blue-like. The combo of the granite crystal and the blue, with the black wheels, indeed looks sharp..,.

And about the wheels.....so they are 20” with bridgestone dueler H/T tires. The one thing about the high-altitude was that I was unsure about the stock wheels and tires..... having taken possession of the vehicle, I find the stock wheels and tires quite frankly awesome. Maybe I just wisely set my expectations low and was expecting the cheaper smaller stock tires I’ve seen on other jeeps. But truly, these look stylish, feel solid, etc.... maybe slightly larger would’ve been absolutely perfect, but these will do for a while!!

The gas filler door does not simply open with external pressure, no push-n-pop! It does indeed open via a button inside the vehicle on the drivers side.... when pushed, you can hear some gears turning and the door pops open in about two seconds!

The charging port, on the other hand, does push-n-pop. Nuff said on that port.

About charging...
So while the charging cable is plugged in and the vehicle is charging, I like how the dash shows the status of charging.....see pic below. This is in addition to the lights mounted on the top of the dashboard to also give an idea of charge status.

So I purposely drained the battery to total depletion by driving in pure electric mode. I appear to have gotten 21 to 22 miles on electric. What was beautiful to me was the fact that the switch from electric to hybrid upon battery depletion was totally seamless. I pulled up to a red light in electric mode, was at a complete stop, and the car flawlessly switched to hybrid mode with my acceleration off the line and you can hear and feel the combustion engine going (something that you did not hear or feel at all when in all electric mode!).

This Jeep definitely has a pep in its step. I feel the acceleration is great in electric as well as hybrid considering the vehicle has a four-cylinder combustion engine.

So far, my only complaint would be the battery... I just wish the battery had better range of course, and that the battery charged faster (after getting home with the depleted battery and plugging it in to charge, it went from “<1%” to a whopping 3 or 4% after a single hour of charging! Yes, I will be getting a level two charger in the very near future!!! 😁

It’s only been one day, but I feel pretty happy about the purchase. Finally, my dream car has arrived...

Some pics...

79152CD4-37EA-4BDD-BC9C-C32812B71D49.jpeg

5F8DAD65-BB0F-419C-9B02-1CEDD4EB5EE6.jpeg

56DD31EE-1C7A-458D-93B1-086A85BA6FBD.jpeg
Sponsored

Asterix2112

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
You live in NoVa, have a VA license plate. Should be StanleyCup18.

Go Caps... (My Caps license plate '4XE' is reserved and should be coming in soon!)

phobos512

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I aspire to a 4xe
Did that house in the background of your overview picture sell last fall? It looks just like one we looked at.

Thanks for the review!

OP
OP

StanleyCup99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler wannabe
Did that house in the background of your overview picture sell last fall? It looks just like one we looked at.

Thanks for the review!
Nah.... they’ve been around for a while!!

And to the caps guy....Go Caps!

Blueyes23

First Name
Denise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2023 4xe Sahara High Altitude
Picked up my 4XE High Altitude today.

I figured I would take a minute and throw out some brief thoughts and pics like some other peeps.

4 door 4XE High Altitude
Granite Crystal Metallic
Sky top
Cold weather group, which has heated front seats and remote start
High altitude includes lots of body color parts such as fenders and bumpers, as well as the safety group and remote proximity keyless entry

So on the looks, I am loving the overall “clean” look with the blacked out rims and the body color components listed above. It gives the Jeep kind of a stealthy look! I originally priced out a Rubicon 4XE with body color fenders, bumpers, etc added separately and I think that was around $150 less so I feel it was worth it to get the high altitude package for that $150 extra which has the keyless entry and the safety group! Going the other way with the Rubicon would have allowed me more color options though, as the high altitude package colors are limited.

Also, I can confirm that the tow hooks on both the front and rear are that electric blue, almost chief blue-like. The combo of the granite crystal and the blue, with the black wheels, indeed looks sharp..,.

And about the wheels.....so they are 20” with bridgestone dueler H/T tires. The one thing about the high-altitude was that I was unsure about the stock wheels and tires..... having taken possession of the vehicle, I find the stock wheels and tires quite frankly awesome. Maybe I just wisely set my expectations low and was expecting the cheaper smaller stock tires I’ve seen on other jeeps. But truly, these look stylish, feel solid, etc.... maybe slightly larger would’ve been absolutely perfect, but these will do for a while!!

The gas filler door does not simply open with external pressure, no push-n-pop! It does indeed open via a button inside the vehicle on the drivers side.... when pushed, you can hear some gears turning and the door pops open in about two seconds!

The charging port, on the other hand, does push-n-pop. Nuff said on that port.

About charging...
So while the charging cable is plugged in and the vehicle is charging, I like how the dash shows the status of charging.....see pic below. This is in addition to the lights mounted on the top of the dashboard to also give an idea of charge status.

So I purposely drained the battery to total depletion by driving in pure electric mode. I appear to have gotten 21 to 22 miles on electric. What was beautiful to me was the fact that the switch from electric to hybrid upon battery depletion was totally seamless. I pulled up to a red light in electric mode, was at a complete stop, and the car flawlessly switched to hybrid mode with my acceleration off the line and you can hear and feel the combustion engine going (something that you did not hear or feel at all when in all electric mode!).

This Jeep definitely has a pep in its step. I feel the acceleration is great in electric as well as hybrid considering the vehicle has a four-cylinder combustion engine.

So far, my only complaint would be the battery... I just wish the battery had better range of course, and that the battery charged faster (after getting home with the depleted battery and plugging it in to charge, it went from “<1%” to a whopping 3 or 4% after a single hour of charging! Yes, I will be getting a level two charger in the very near future!!! 😁

It’s only been one day, but I feel pretty happy about the purchase. Finally, my dream car has arrived...

Some pics...

Jeep Wrangler JL Not another post!  Day 1 with the 4XE High Altitude: 56DD31EE-1C7A-458D-93B1-086A85BA6FBD

Jeep Wrangler JL Not another post!  Day 1 with the 4XE High Altitude: 56DD31EE-1C7A-458D-93B1-086A85BA6FBD

Good to hear. Mine is in production. Can’t wait. White High Altitude!

Ten4Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited / 2023 Jeep 392 XR
About charging...
Nice looking Jeep👍

Did you forget to insert a pic of the charging status? Curious because I will be renting one of these in a few days. However, it will be the Rubicon version. I bet yours rides a bit smoother and quieter with the tires you have. 😎
Sponsored