Sponsored

Not a JL, but... Hennessey Gladiator

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
....selling customers’ parts to fund other endeavors....
Isn’t that what a businessman/investor does?

....There are other allegations of long-delayed delivery to (mostly foreign) customers while their very large up-front payments have been used to fund other things....
A down payment given to a business can be used to fund anything a business wants to use it for.

I don’t know what Hennessey’s financials look like but I’m willing to bet they don’t need a down payment from a customer to fund or start any part of the project for that customer. Deep pockets.

If they can secure a large down payment from a customer to fund other things that’s not illegal and actually pretty darn smart.

ChimpanZed

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon

DesertRat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4 Door Sport S 2020 JT Sport S
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Back in the early 2000's Hennessey went through some financial issues. He evidently screwed a few Viper owners. There was lot of talk about it within the Viper community. From that, I wouldn't go near any of his stuff.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

20 years ago? Lmao. You mean like 2016? Big article on jalopnik about it. Maybe they fabricated it all i guess

Sponsored

DesertRat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4 Door Sport S 2020 JT Sport S
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
20 years ago? Lmao. You mean like 2016? Big article on jalopnik about it. Maybe they fabricated it all i guess
Wow, looks like he has not changed. Unbelievable.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
No, it’s a felony.

When you don’t deliver what’s paid for it’s called ‘theft’.

Hennessey’s outright crimes and shady business practices are very well documented. He’s been sued and lost many times. It’s all a matter of public record.
Im speaking in general terms. As long as the customer gets the product(s) down payment money can be used for anything. If the deal were to fall through the DP money would be returned. It’s not like buying a home where DP money goes into an escrow account. It’s not a felony.