Nosey neighbor..

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Never said I was offended...I just have different manners I guess.
manners has nothing to do with it. Why is talking about salary or how much you paid for something taboo? Maybe he was just making conversation. Maybe he wondered how much Jeepā€™s go for these days. Maybe he liked it and thought of getting one.

Tellurian

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Wrangler JLUR Ocean Blue (MT); ā€˜20 Grand Cherokee White; ā€˜12 Volvo C30 (MT)
Occupation
Analyst
I answer with another question: ā€œAre you familiar with cryptocurrencies?ā€

99 out of 100 times they arenā€™t and I say I paid a few Ethereum below a Bitcoin but would need to lookup the exact time and date to know the price. If they are that 1% of people who know about cryptocurrency, I start asking advice about currencies so I can better understand them and the price of the Jeep never comes up again.

OP
OP
Wbino

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
manners has nothing to do with it. Why is talking about salary or how much you paid for something taboo? Maybe he was just making conversation. Maybe he wondered how much Jeepā€™s go for these days. Maybe he liked it and thought of getting one.
That's a hat trick of wrongs there.šŸ˜Ž

Gropax

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Mojito Green
just say you won in from a slot machine in Las Vegas you put in 5 nickels and hit the red white and blue 7's and won it.

Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I had people ask me in traffic a couple of times. It catches you off guard. If your Jeep is obviously modified you can say "Well, you can't buy one like this. It takes a lot of time and work to build it." Then I start talking about all the stuff I did to it which is what I want to talk about. Keep talking till their head spins. The purchase price will not come up again.

kenp1985

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sales
Vehicle Showcase
ā€œEnough - btw, how much do you have in your 401(k)?ā€

OP
OP
Wbino

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
I look at it similar to when someone asks about how much you paid for your house ... only that is literally public knowledge lol

itā€™s not a big deal, I donā€™t go around asking people what they paid for stuff but I also donā€™t get offended when someone asks ...
Not offended by the ask....but he clearly wasn't in the market...so why ask?
His wife admired it yesterday....he went back and said "go marry him" lol

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I have to agree with Andrew. Especially the last sentence. It could be the OPā€™s Jeep is so nice the guy might wanna see if one is in his budget. If my neighbor has something I like or I may want to buy Iā€™d definitely ask what are they going for.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Many people donā€™t have a clue what a nice wrangler costs....so the question could be legit. I have a nicely built Recon and a Tesla Model3...neither is extravagant. One neighbor stated to me in front of others that it must be nice to be rich...I simply said ā€œit sure isā€. Sometimes people are jealous or feel the need to justify their frugality (or criticize others perceived lack of frugality). A close friend was diagnosed with likely terminal cancer yesterday. It just reminds me of the importance of seizing and embracing life...doing the things you enjoy while loving others along the way. No time for trivial mind games with small thinking nosey people.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I answer with another question: ā€œAre you familiar with cryptocurrencies?ā€

99 out of 100 times they arenā€™t and I say I paid a few Ethereum below a Bitcoin but would need to lookup the exact time and date to know the price. If they are that 1% of people who know about cryptocurrency, I start asking advice about currencies so I can better understand them and the price of the Jeep never comes up again.
Can we get a translation here? šŸ˜œ
Sponsored