Nosey neighbor..

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I was just ask this question this afternoon, I told the guy it cost more than my first house! Didn’t mention I bought my first house in 1980😜
Yeah, I got my first fixer-upper place pretty cheap.
Jeep Wrangler JL Nosey neighbor.. Pollock Canyon 222.JPG
Sponsored

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
All the guys that pay what they think is a great deal jump on here and tout they paid xxxxx under invoice or such. So, I guess I don't see what the kerfuffle is all about when some Joe-bag-o-donuts asks what someone paid for a vehicle.

You can browse the classifieds and forums and figure out where the range is for a vehicle. From the highest price to the lowest for a given optioned vehicle is no surprise to anyone.

Hell, incomes are no big friggin secret either. If you know what someone does for a living, how long they've been doing it, and who they work for, you can probably nail their wages/salary pretty closely after a few minutes on the internet. So, I don't see the big deal there either, since everyone freely tells near complete strangers what they do for a living.
Read an interesting little book years ago in my twenties called “The Millionaire Next Door.” Learned that wealth is determined by what you keep and not by the size of your paycheck.

I’ve seen lots of people doing stupid things because they live above their means. Watching the traffic of giant pickup trucks pulling $300k trailers and near yacht-class boats on I-15 from Los Angeles to Las Vegas on a Friday afternoon back when everyone was flipping houses in the craziness leading up to the mortgage crisis of 2008 was a sight to behold.

Wixo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlurd
I don’t like it when your honest and tell them how much it cost and then they say, oh I would never pay that, or I would have bought a used one, and the best one, I could have got you like 10,000 off. Even if I could get someone a huge discount I wouldn’t tell them after they already made the deal but some people are idiots.

2021Nacho

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlu Rubicon, 2015 Jk sport
Occupation
Semi-retired
I got that, gave a blank stare and said "what payment?". Going to answer the same when I put a C8 in my garage next to the Jeep.
Neighbor came by and asked where the yellow one was...I said in the garage next to nacho...thought I wanted to sell little yellow...funny guy 😆

20210317_151323.jpg

Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
All the guys that pay what they think is a great deal jump on here and tout they paid xxxxx under invoice or such. So, I guess I don't see what the kerfuffle is all about when some Joe-bag-o-donuts asks what someone paid for a vehicle.
On this website, I am not going to pull the wool over anyone's eyes on the price. One can add $20k in options to most Wrangler models, most people aren't going look over a Jeep and got a configurator to figure out what was ordered. I figure I can keep them guessing. Yes one can probably accurately estimate my salary from career and figure out how much I paid for my house.

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
Neighbor came by and asked where the yellow one was...I said in the garage next to nacho...thought I wanted to sell little yellow...funny guy 😆

Jeep Wrangler JL Nosey neighbor.. 20210317_151323
Had similar with bikes. I don't see the issue with owning more if you can.

FrostySerb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR/2017 Ram 2500 Mega-Cab LongHorn Cummins
I look at it similar to when someone asks about how much you paid for your house ... only that is literally public knowledge lol

it’s not a big deal, I don’t go around asking people what they paid for stuff but I also don’t get offended when someone asks ...

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
If you really want to throw your
neighbor for a loop, tell him what a fully loaded 392 goes for. You’ll have his head spinning for sure.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
We live in the information era. A quick look around any new vehicle and a google search will determine what you paid + or - 10%. As a union electrician, anybody who knows the county any tradesperson works in can go on the dir website and find not only the hourly wage, but retirement contributions, health and welfare, and all other parts of our total package. Oh, you’re a foreman, that’s on there too. Be as secretive as you feel necessary, but it’s not like the information isn’t readily available. It’s like people blacking out their plate number in social media posts, you do realize you drive around and park everywhere with your “secret” plate number exposed right? Unless you live in Minnesota and only let the wife outside in the winter, her bra size isn’t a secret either.

Sponsored

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
While washing my week old JL for the first time my neighbor next door came over to take a look.
But he caught me off guard by asking what I paid...Its not like asking my wife's bra size but I don't think I would ask....and especially since he's not in the market.

Ideas?
What a weirdo for him asking ... so...really... how much did u really pay?