First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
That's a tough one. I would say get the Patagonias because they're a great tire for the price and we sell them.

BUT, the Coopers are a great tire too and I was very impressed with the last set I had. They were the STTs though, not the pros.

What the heck, they're tires and will wear out, get one and when it's time to replaced them, try the other... LoL!
Sponsored

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Also, that LoD riser: how long have you been running that with the 37? Any tailgate issues? Wondering if I should spring for the Mopar bracket ($800) or just that riser.

We have a spare 37" for the JL, but don't carry it too often.

The guys at EVO Mfg. had their hinges loosen up from carrying their spare 37", so we're a little Leary about running ours full time.

We're definitely waiting to see what comes from the aftermarket in the way of HD tire carriers.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
We have a spare 37" for the JL, but don't carry it too often.

The guys at EVO Mfg. had their hinges loosen up from carrying their spare 37", so we're a little Leary about running ours full time.

We're definitely waiting to see what comes from the aftermarket in the way of HD tire carriers.
Its been an expensive 2 days. Ended up with the 37" KO2s based on my daily driver Jeep and Northern IL snows, Quadratec Hardrock wheels and the Mopar Reinforcement bracket. Looks like I did good with that bracket then! Thanks for the help and info.

BTW, love those KMC beadlock you are running on your Jeep. If I could justify it I would have gotten those too!

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
The OIL CHANGE REQUIRED light came on in our Red Rubicon, so its time for an oil change and we detailed it out for anyone who wants to try it themselves and not quite sure how to go about it.

Oil-Chg-Rqd.jpg

We used a genuine Mopar Oil Filter pn# MO-349 and five quarts of Royal Purple Synthetic 0W20 oil.
We do have it as a package deal available: JL 3.6 V-6 Oil Change Kit

Oil_Filter.jpg

If you had (have) a 2014-2018 JK, it's pretty much the exact same, except it only take five qts of oil, not six.

Drain-Oil.jpg

Filter-In-Hsg.jpg

Oil-Level-3.jpg

For the full story please pop over to the story on our Northridge Nation blog site: http://www.northridgenation.com/how-to-change-oil-jeep-jl/

Parbalicious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Question for you guys......looking at matte black method wheels and was wondering what black lug nuts to get for my JLU Rubicon. Any suggestion? Want 23 of them. Thanks.
Chris

Sponsored

OP
OP
Northridge4x4

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery

Jschmadeke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Curious if you ever got your rusty hex bolts on the beadlocks taken care of. Did XD take care of the issus? Love the rims, just want to make sure they will stand behind their product.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
The OIL CHANGE REQUIRED light came on in our Red Rubicon, so its time for an oil change and we detailed it out for anyone who wants to try it themselves and not quite sure how to go about it.

Oil-Chg-Rqd.jpg

We used a genuine Mopar Oil Filter pn# MO-349 and five quarts of Royal Purple Synthetic 0W20 oil.
We do have it as a package deal available: JL 3.6 V-6 Oil Change Kit

Oil_Filter.jpg

If you had (have) a 2014-2018 JK, it's pretty much the exact same, except it only take five qts of oil, not six.

Drain-Oil.jpg

Filter-In-Hsg.jpg

Oil-Level-3.jpg

For the full story please pop over to the story on our Northridge Nation blog site: http://www.northridgenation.com/how-to-change-oil-jeep-jl/
So how many quarts of oil does a JL take ?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

shotcoach

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Curious if you ever got your rusty hex bolts on the beadlocks taken care of. Did XD take care of the issus? Love the rims, just want to make sure they will stand behind their product.

Thanks,
Jonathan
Not OP but have the same wheels with the same rusty bolts that I purchased through Northridge. I contacted NR and sent them a couple of pics of the bolts. They said they'd work with the vendor to replace the bolts. Like 3 or 4 days later a box arrived with all new bolts. Pretty painless and great customer service!

Sponsored

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
@Jschmadeke, We did get new bolts in for our Rubi, just haven't had the time to replace them yet. We also got another set of beadlock rings and had them powder coated red to match the paint. Hopefully will get to those over the next couple weeks.

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
It’s posts like this that are making it REALLY hard to wait for the 2019 diesel orders to open up.
Don't even worry about it, having the JL right now kind of sucks if you want to modify it. Everything I've bought has taken 3-4 months to come in, checking websites constantly for new parts there's rarely JL options, etc.

There's gonna be a lot of dispersed knowledge in the next year or two from us beta testers.

OP
OP
Northridge4x4

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
Can you vouch for the powdercoat on these black lugs..nut coming off after 1 or 2 t
We have taken the wheels on and off multiple times as we use this Jeep for testing and we have no issues with the coating yet.

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation